Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North County Dublin to D7/D8 commuting times?

• 02-04-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone's commuting to D7/D8 (around St James Hospital area) from North County (Lusk, Rusk, Skerries, Donabate etc) and how long your commutes are?

At the moment I'm spending 1.5h each way by walking to the station, taking the train, and then the Luas.

I'm trying to see if driving and leaving earlier (7am?) would make a difference to my commute times. I know google spits out 40 minutes for the journey but I know that's not representative of the real world :)

Hopefully there'll be people here with similar commutes that might give me an idea of how long it really takes :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

netman wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone's commuting to D7/D8 (around St James Hospital area) from North County (Lusk, Rusk, Skerries, Donabate etc) and how long your commutes are?

At the moment I'm spending 1.5h each way by walking to the station, taking the train, and then the Luas.

I'm trying to see if driving and leaving earlier (7am?) would make a difference to my commute times. I know google spits out 40 minutes for the journey but I know that's not representative of the real world :)

Hopefully there'll be people here with similar commutes that might give me an idea of how long it really takes :)

If you leave at 7am and come in M1 - M50 - N4 then it'll nowhere close to 1.5h.

I travel from Santry to Heuston - M50 - N4 or N3 Phoenix Park and it takes 40 mins. I leave at 8.15 so i would suspect if I left at 7 it would cut 10 mins off it. So just add on the time it takes to get to the M50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Ah, so you go around on the M50 and come back in on the N4?

I was thinking of going straight down M1, then N1 and down the Quays and I'm on the N4 then. But I was worried about crossing the whole city and what the traffic would be like. You gave me an idea there, M50 would be longer but it might be a LOT better :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Leaving at 7 i would come straight in as you thought. Remember if you do go the N4 then you will have to pay the extra toll, unless you come off at blanch and use the park. Leaving at 7 you could prob do it in 45 minutes

Advertisement