Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bi-weekly FGC Podcast Dec

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

You're a star, Bento.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

nice listen, was very on the serious side, nice to see bit more banter maybe? but then again you might be shooting for a more serious side, in that cause ignore my comment lol :o

just a side note for everyone on the injustice 3/5 being mentioned.
    i asked voa after the doc that was run 2/3 what do we have to do to insure injustice 3/5.
    i was told what was needed was for injustice to start 1st, more consoles and to no do those MK length button checks.
    at doc 11.5, injustice started 1st, we had 1 more console than last time and we did not do a single button check.
    we did what was asked of us and certainty dont want to be causing drama or unneeded stress for TOs, if we need to add even more consoles we will.

but we would like to play by the correct rule set and thankfully the last 3 injustice events have been run 3/5, if tekkens ruleset can result in a 39min reset grand final i honestly dont see why a 23 mins reset grand final is a issue.

ps.somehow razer and luke have to commentate the same match, it would be the most nsfw video on dooms channel :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

nice listen, was very on the serious side, nice to see bit more banter maybe? but then again you might be shooting for a more serious side, in that cause ignore my comment lol :o

I'd dare say if Youtube hadn't decided to ruin everyone's day it would have been much lighter in tone :)

Can I suggest the next one be some form of year in review? I'm not going to have time to do one this year by the looks of things :(

I'd dare say if Youtube hadn't decided to ruin everyone's day it would have been much lighter in tone :)

Can I suggest the next one be some form of year in review? I'm not going to have time to do one this year by the looks of things :(

Off making millions with that single

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

if tekkens ruleset can result in a 39min reset grand final i honestly dont see why a 23 mins reset grand final is a issue.

In all fairness Tekken was run last that day that is why we had a 3/5 grand finals. For the most part Tekken is ran 3/5 the whole way through but at our events where there are multiple games we run it 2/3 including grand finals because of time constraints.

I understand where you are coming from as I would also like IJ to be 3/5 but we as a scene in general really need to get better time management because I am getting pretty tired of tourneys dragging on forever.

and as well nobody was happy with that grand final lasting 39 mins, not even the Tekken players. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tekken shouldn't be 3/5 games anyway.

Such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Tekken shouldn't be 3/5 games anyway.

Such nonsense.

I actually agree with that.

I actually agree with that.

Same, I feel wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

As far as I know, Tekken sets should be ft2/bo3 until grand finals, which is ft3/bo5.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Yo, im down on the next draft of sets on some Cadbury ****

P.S. im listening to the Podcast now, the Lube is ready, will post pics when finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

I honestly feel that FT3s in tournament are difficult to keep interested in if there isn't any high stakes like prize money or some big name players. I was just watching the TTT2 Top 3 at Wednesday Night Fights from last week and they kept the grand finals to a FT2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I haven't been on Boards much lately, so I missed out on this. Spotted the first episode on Doom's facebook page. I'm not too sure if I'd have enough FG knowledge to participate, but I'd happily give it a shot. I've been doing HSN for a few years now, and it would be interesting to try this out. Also, myself and Jimmy Penguin could give the lowdown on how the FGC is in the Wesht.

Hello again guys

2013's recap podcast is up

Be sure to follow the yourlisten account or my Twitter to keep up to date with the podcast

This will be up next week on BrianVonDoom's youtube and my own

Ifgc Podcast #2: IFGC 2013 Recap feat. Dr.DooM & Lythero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Loving the DKC intermission.

Video version for those who rather youtube.

3rd podcast

I've got 2 of these ready to put up

But 1st, i'd like to ask if a few guys from the Cannes trip would care to share
    their time in France and overall IVGC Event?.

PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

sorry if it's a bit weird asking here, but I'm trying to start my own podcast for a college project. I'm at a loss as to what to use to record Skype with, can you tell me how you went about ti?

Macal wrote: »
    sorry if it's a bit weird asking here, but I'm trying to start my own podcast for a college project. I'm at a loss as to what to use to record Skype with, can you tell me how you went about ti?

Record using OBS

I set the call up via Skype and set OBS to record audio only

Be sure to start and save as local recording

I'll have to find time to recap the biggest attendee event in the IFGC

Anyone who attended send me PM me, gonna try for 4 including Ramza and myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Nutrient wrote: »
    I'll have to find time to recap the biggest attendee event in the IFGC

Anyone who attended send me PM me, gonna try for 4 including Ramza and myself.

Cool, yeah im deffo interested. keep me posted!

Cool stuff, pm'ed lads interested

Big thanks to Onion and Ramza

IFGC Podcast #4: The Irish Open, feat D4RK ONION and Ramza

Apologies for some audio issue through 20mins to 22mins

Audio only version here, can download too.

http://yourlisten.com/Nutrient16_tw/podcast-4

Cheers to Ste for participating

IFGC Podcast #5:Episode X, feat 1man3Letters

Audio version http://yourlisten.com/Nutrient16_tw/ifgc-podcast-5episode-x-feat-1man3letters

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

eh, is that a typo or is there an IFGC Podcast #4?

Advertisement