Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for artist for comic book

• 15-09-2012 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey I am looking for an artist to work with me on an idea I have been kicking about for a while. The story is a bit Daytrippers like, a Bildungsroman dealing with love, loss, death and life. If anyone is interested PM me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Bassic

Anyone at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

It's been said before, Comics and Comic Production are very quiet. Give it time, someone will bite

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

1.5 years seems time enough. The OP has offered no inducement. What would be writers never understand is:

1. They are not necessary to an artist who wants a story. We have public domain giants and geniuses for that such as The Tain and Poe and Shelley. Until $ or barter is on the table you aren't offering anything and it's not "splitting the creative duties". It's a lot of work for the artist and a free ride for you.

This could be the reason you have had no offers.

2. Every person wanting anyone to draw for them is asking for WORK. Memoires of a would be writer are NOT WORK. If you walked into an architect's home and asked him to design your house without offering anything he/she would call the garda. Get an indication of how long a page takes to create for you, get something to offer the artist to make it fair to them and to keep you from looking selfish, recompose your request here, and try again.

Advertisement