Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC Visa Refusal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    No you just reapply!!! as in get a new application kit, with a new download certificate... your not alloud to resend with same download certificate, plus you need the police certificate so you cant send until you have the original police cert. so you have to wait.

Yeah this is right. I just signed up again and filled out a new kit each time.

On my refused application, it said I was refused because I sent a copy of the police certificate.

My house mate was refused because he made a photocopy of the 3 page IEC form inorder to send the two that are required. They wanted him to print it and sign it twice. Just in case anybody did this..

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Yeah this is right. I just signed up again and filled out a new kit each time.

On my refused application, it said I was refused because I sent a copy of the police certificate.

My house mate was refused because he made a photocopy of the 3 page IEC form inorder to send the two that are required. They wanted him to print it and sign it twice. Just in case anybody did this..

AH OK.. oh did he on his first phase was it ?? .. i am just bit wary i mean if they want 2 copies of that with that of photos on the bottom of each page, it would be photocopied , but with two separtate signatures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Just sent my forms off yesterday. Have a terrible feeling I forgot the final page - the 2nd part of the declaration form, which you are supposed to sign and date. When I got back home I was looking through the duplicates I had and saw it and couldn't remember having it amongst the originals I sent - also worried that the they won't think I've sent the original Gardai Cert.

I sent the letter via registered post with track and trace so I will know when it gets into Paris, and my return address is on the letter so I hope to god they send it back to me if it's rejected due to having something missing or not filled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

lillieme wrote: »
    Hi can someone please help me, I got an email confirmation tellin me I was successful in the first application phase and that my form was forwarded to London and to wait for confirmation from London. Now I just recieved a mail from the Embassey in Paris again sayin my application was refused cos items missing etc.. even tho I got mail to say was accepted?? WHATS GOING ON??? sO FRUSTRATED................:mad:

Where are you currently living and have you lived in another country for more than 6 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

It sounds like your refusal might have been due to a medical check, considering you checked the box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I've been saying that all along. No where did it say copies were accepted, and on the canada immigration website it even said police certs in other languages must be translated and an original translation (not a copy) must be submitted with the police cert - which is why I suspected a copy of the police cert would not be accepted.

That being said, I included a copy of mine because I already submitted an original to London last June. I'm very worried it will be rejected off-hand by someone in London who is not familiar with the agreed procedure.
    Did he not read the require documents section:
    Save it on your computer, complete it on the screen and print two copies. Sign and date each copy.
    The 3-page IEC application form is the only document that you need to submit in duplicate. Each application form must include your original signature.
    No sympathy there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

If you all want to feel a little bit better about all this, just think of it this way;

Next year when you want to renew for your second year or 3rd in some cases, you will know by heart what to do and how to do it in the correct way :)

OH Guys, i just got my email now about sending it to the uk!

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted by the Youth Mobility Unit.

Your file was forwarded to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK today for the second evaluation phase. If your application is accepted at this stage, a Letter of Introduction will be sent to the email address that you provided on your IEC application form. (No paper copy will be sent.)

i uploaded proof of payment yesterday so now im assuming its 8 weeks from now?? all going well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

hi,
    I have just reapplied for my second time there today, including all documents. For those who I may have alarmed earlier in the week, when I posted I was rejected in London. After getting an email from London to say they didnt recieve my application. So now I think my form was rejected just before it was sent to London. This would now make sense to me as I have just realised I did not include an 'Original' Garda Cert as I thought I had, this I think was my reason for refusal. I have another question that has me a lilttle confused:
    Can someone please clear up this for me:
    'The Visa Section “[FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]Declaration Form”[/FONT][/FONT], duly completed, signed and dated' is this the 'Misrepresentational is a crimal offence form'?? I realised I did not date this form after signing it on my first application. I have signed and dated it on my second attempt.
    I also included Affiliations on my second attempt: I included- Roman Catholic, and INTO- teachers Organisation. Are these all ok??
    Please someone reply and help me keep calm and not be so paranoid...... Hope I get it this time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

The Visa Section Declaration Form, duly completed, signed and dated' is this the 'Misrepresentational is a crimal offence form'?? I realised I did not date this form after signing it on my first application. I have signed and dated it on my second attempt.

Yep the Visa section declaration is this the same as the Misrepresentational from. Not having it dated could have been the reason for your rejection.

Good luck with this application:). Mine was sent to the UK on Feb 2nd and havent heard anything back since so no news is good news...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

obeara wrote: »
    Yep the Visa section declaration is this the same as the Misrepresentational from. Not having it dated could have been the reason for your rejection.

Good luck with this application:). Mine was sent to the UK on Feb 2nd and havent heard anything back since so no news is good news...

when i did my "misrep" form it didnt ask for the date just signature then print name..maybe they changed it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

beano345 wrote: »
    when i did my "misrep" form it didnt ask for the date just signature then print name..maybe they changed it now!

you're right! Just checked mine and it just asked for sig and print name like you said. Yet another thing they seemed to have changed since the first few days!

Yeah my form didnt ask for date either, but said on checklist that must be dated, so I dated it today on form just incase..
    So for anyone reapplying learn from my mistakes:
    1. ORIGINAL garda cert
    2. Affiliations- Include
    3. Date ALL documents
    4. Date- Missrep Form even though it does not ask for it on the form- It does state it on the check list- BEWARE
    5. Register Post so you can follow it on tracking- you know when it arrives in Paris
    6. GOOD LUCK TO ALL REAPPLYING......KEEP POSSITIVE WE WILL GET IT... SEE YE ALL IN CANADA IN FEW MONTHS FINGERS CROSSED...........

obeara wrote: »
    you're right! Just checked mine and it just asked for sig and print name like you said. Yet another thing they seemed to have changed since the first few days!
    yeah i know it asks for it in the checklist to be dated! i did my friends app the other day and the checklist has changed to say the "misrep" form instead of visa section "declaration form" anyways mine went to london the 4th feb still havent heard anything back!

Just one more question did you date and sign your Curriculum Vitae?

nope i basically just threw it together typed my name,address,telephone number it was pretty basic only a page long. i think everyones nit picking at what thay filled in....stressful times,but then again the embassy are'nt really consistent with what there accepting and rejecting!best of luck

no signature or date on the CV, only thing is you have to make sure it matches what you put on the form.. your education and work section has to match.. they told me at usit that they put them side by side and compare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Perhaps you should wait until you get the form back from them detailing what was incorrect before you re-apply ? If you are in Ireland the file should be back with you in a few days.

C@non wrote: »
    no signature or date on the CV, only thing is you have to make sure it matches what you put on the form.. your education and work section has to match.. they told me at usit that they put them side by side and compare them.
    thats basically what i did doing up my cv just made sure it matched! does anyone know if they ring previous employers as part of the check??

i wouldn't think so beano, I didnt really put references down in the CV and i dont think they would want to rock the boat by letting people know that their employee is leaving soon.. i know i want to give them the news personally and watch their expression on their faces hehe

I wouldn't worry about that, as i think it would take them a long long time to phone and track everyone's work history..

Thinking about it why does the visa latter take 8 weeks to come back???:eek:

• Advertisement

what could they be possible be doing in this phase!!!! LOL!!! .. lilime did you get refused in the first phase or second phase ..

i wouldn't think so beano, I didnt really put references down in the CV and i dont think they would want to rock the boat by letting people know that their employee is leaving soon.. i know i want to give them the news personally and watch their expression on their faces hehe

I wouldn't worry about that, as i think it would take them a long long time to phone and track everyone's work history..

Thinking about it why does the visa latter take 8 weeks to come back???:eek:
    lol yeah think your right! gave my job the "take this job and shove it" speech a month ago so really hope they dont ring them :Ddepending on this visa badly! maybe the 8 weeks is just to give themselves time to get through the 6000 applications!

OOH Sugar I dont think my Cv will Match EXACTLY my Employment History..

:) i actually think there is 10,000 visa spaces given in total, 6,000 to usit and 4,000 for general public.. and maybe other visa programs.

I was even thinking of heading off early with out visa and hopefully all going well when i eventually do receive it, head to buffalo for the night and head back across the next day and pop into customs and activate it. (as the girl in usit said i would have to do this next year for the second year, if i decide to stay longer.
    At this stage every day my email is open and im checking it non stop, i have no patience hehe :)

OOH Sugar I dont think my Cv will Match EXACTLY my Employment History..
    did you put specific dates or just years??

:) i actually think there is 10,000 visa spaces given in total, 6,000 to usit and 4,000 for general public.. and maybe other visa programs.

I was even thinking of heading off early with out visa and hopefully all going well when i eventually do receive it, head to buffalo for the night and head back across the next day and pop into customs and activate it. (as the girl in usit said i would have to do this next year for the second year, if i decide to stay longer.
    At this stage every day my email is open and im checking it non stop, i have no patience hehe :)
    im pretty much the same living on the computer! planning on going end of may,dont know if i can handle another 4 months of this place though!

Yeah have dates.. im very worried now,, Does anyone know how I can stop it being posted?? Its in my local office and has not left yet

Yeah have dates.. im very worried now,, Does anyone know how I can stop it being posted?? Its in my local office and has not left yet
    my sister works in a post office she says it depends if its in a city post office or a local one! post doesnt go out till 11am monday in most local ones. they should be open ioday so id go down to them if i was you they can probably find it for you!

When i first brought my application into usit, i basically had on my form 4 jobs listed and i didnt put one because it was part time.. and did the same for education.

And the girl said you will check this and put them side by side to make sure its all correct.

Now if you have more jobs on your CV than spaces on the form, I can only think that it wouldnt matter..

To be honest i dont know how strick they are on the CV section, but the girl in usit did say they are very strick this year and might pick up small things like that, so i had to go home anc change it and make sure it all matches.

When did you send it today of friday?
    The post office open's i think at 8.30 if its regular post i dont know if it can be stopped.

• Advertisement

oh can you apply while in canada for second year.. ?

Advertisement