Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC Visa Refusal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Manic con

jessible wrote: »
    It'll be 8weeks on Tuesday since I received my confirmation of receipt and its 7weeks in London today:mad:. Im not happy my application said the processing time was 6weeks. Im just worried my application got lost on the way to London.... I'll let you know if I hear anything. Have you heard anything since?

The something happened to me got a email today they want me to have a Garda cert as well as a psni cert and that's why my app was taking so long.I would expect that something silly like that might be holding open your app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 permit123

hi does anybody know how long it takes for an application to get conditional acceptance i got a email from the youth mobility unit in Paris last week it said my application has been received and the current processing time is 6 weeks when will it be accepted and sent to London, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

permit123 wrote: »
    hi does anybody know how long it takes for an application to get conditional acceptance i got a email from the youth mobility unit in Paris last week it said my application has been received and the current processing time is 6 weeks when will it be accepted and sent to London, thanks.

My application reached France on the 4th of April and was accepted on the 11th. So dead on a week. If they sent you a receipt of acceptance all you can do is sit back and let them work away.

The hard bit for me is the 6 week wait to see if they'll issue the LOI. So long away......

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

My application reached France on the 4th of April and was accepted on the 11th. So dead on a week. If they sent you a receipt of acceptance all you can do is sit back and let them work away.

The hard bit for me is the 6 week wait to see if they'll is the LOI. So long away......

Mine was also accepted on the 11th. Keep me posted as to how you get on and I will do the same.

Vendetta wrote: »
    Mine was also accepted on the 11th. Keep me posted as to how you get on and I will do the same.

Yeah no problem. I'm really looking forward to going, can't wait!

• Advertisement

Yeah no problem. I'm really looking forward to going, can't wait!

Me too. Been in canada for over 2 years now. Cant wait to start working again...legally.

It also gives me time for when my permanent residency goes through. The processing time on that is 18-20 months. So don`t mind waiting the few weeks for this ;)

Me too. Been in canada for over 2 years now. Cant wait to start working again...legally.

It also gives me time for when my permanent residency goes through. The processing time on that is 18-20 months. So don`t mind waiting the few weeks for this ;)

18 months is a very long time!

Hope you don't mind me asking are you working while having no papers? I did it in Las Vegas for two years and you would be looking over your shoulder all the time. Is it the same in Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Hope you don't mind me asking are you working while having no papers? I did it in Las Vegas for two years and you would be looking over your shoulder all the time. Is it the same in Canada?

OH i thought this was 3 months in total, to get residency.

hi does anyone know how the proof of payment works how to send and how to upload i have the info in my email but i am not fully sure on how it works any advice thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

hi does anyone know how the proof of payment works how to send and how to upload i have the info in my email but i am not fully sure on how it works any advice thanks

Convert it to PDF. If you don't know how to do this, print it out and scan it to PDF. And upload using the link they sent you.

FYI, ideally you should have made the transfer through the bank, who would have provided you with a copy of the payment instruction which contains the bank account number, your name, reference number and bank stamp.

You didn't. Don't worry about it. A lot of people have sent a screenshot or pdf from their online banking and it was accepted without any problems.

• Advertisement

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Convert it to PDF. If you don't know how to do this, print it out and scan it to PDF. And upload using the link they sent you.

FYI, ideally you should have made the transfer through the bank, who would have provided you with a copy of the payment instruction which contains the bank account number, your name, reference number and bank stamp.

You didn't. Don't worry about it. A lot of people have sent a screenshot or pdf from their online banking and it was accepted without any problems.
    i did not make any payment but i think the bank would be my best option will i have to do the transfer from my bank account or can the bank send it from their own branch, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

i did not make any payment but i think the bank would be my best option will i have to do the transfer from my bank account or can the bank send it from their own branch, thanks.

You'll need to make the transfer from your own bank account.

Although the application form says to make sure the sender pays the fees, because the transfer is within the EU you will only be allowed to "share" the fees. Luckily, they're only 50c or so and I haven't heard of anyone getting refused because of bank fees charged to the recipient.

thanks for the help techi-fan i hope i can get everything done rite .

I was working for a long time. Got screwed out of 4k dollars and have moved from Vancouver to Vernon.

Haven't worked since I have the papers ready to go. Don't want to take the chance when I just have to wait a few weeks.

Have been lucky the girlfriend is Canadian and her family own a house on the lake in the Okanagan.

There isn't much chance that you would get caught, I worked for a government agency under the table. However a mexican friend of mine was deported after his boss reported him because he couldn't pay him.

Hahaha 3 months to get residency?? That is for extension such as a getting a visitor pass. Even then last one took 5 months. They are bogged down.

Good thing about it is they can't make you leave until you get an answer either way. Thats how I have stayed so long.

Best way is to keep applying for everything. I could be an immigration lawyer at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

Hi everyone
    Thought I’d update you on the timing for my application.
    Got the email to say it was sent to London on March 8 and received my LOI on April 20th – so 6 weeks in total from when it got to London.
    Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 H Rambles

Congrats, mine has been in London 6 weeks today. Checking my email CONSTANTLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

Has anyone applied with a common law partner? I sent mine off last week but I'm a bit worried about the photos.
    For my first 3 page form I stapled 1 photo of each of us as it asked for one of each person travelling, did the same for his form - 1 photo each. But left the second 3 page forms with no photos, is this correct?

Hi i had my con acceptance email on april 10th and am goin over with common-law partner and 2 children. Its only me appyling through IEC as my partner will not be working and looking after the children. So at the point of entry (if i get accepted) she would be classified as a visitor. Ive been looking and this is wat ive found: Your partner will be considered a temporary resident (visitor, tourist) in Canada and will not be able to work there. The duration of his/her visitor status will be determined by the Immigration Officer at a Canadian port of entry. For more information on temporary residence status in Canada,
    does this mean she may be able to stay longer than the 6 months maximum for visitors????

Hi i had my con acceptance email on april 10th and am goin over with common-law partner and 2 children. Its only me appyling through IEC as my partner will not be working and looking after the children. So at the point of entry (if i get accepted) she would be classified as a visitor. Ive been looking and this is wat ive found: Your partner will be considered a temporary resident (visitor, tourist) in Canada and will not be able to work there. The duration of his/her visitor status will be determined by the Immigration Officer at a Canadian port of entry. For more information on temporary residence status in Canada,
    does this mean she may be able to stay longer than the 6 months maximum for visitors????

They can apply to extend the duration of the visitor visa while they are here. A friend of mine did and he got 4 months waiting for it and then another 6 months when he got it.

They can apply to extend the duration of the visitor visa while they are here. A friend of mine did and he got 4 months waiting for it and then another 6 months when he got it.

thanks for gettin back, 1 more qs do they get like an extended warrinty visa where they have to go to a boarder crossing or do you no what way it works??

thanks for gettin back, 1 more qs do they get like an extended warrinty visa where they have to go to a boarder crossing or do you no what way it works??

No you dont need to cross the border, in fact don't cross until you have the slip they send out in your hand.

Its not extended warrenty :)

• Advertisement

No you dont need to cross the border, in fact don't cross until you have the slip they send out in your hand.

Its not extended warrenty :)

lmao just seen that, ive had a few beer since im off o holidays lol

on a serious note thaks youv'e been very helpfull

lmao just seen that, ive had a few beer since im off o holidays lol

on a serious note thaks youv'e been very helpfull

No problem. Here is the links to the information you need and the forms.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

No problem. Here is the links to the information you need and the forms.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

thanks V gonna check that out now

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

tenchi-fan wrote: »

The checklist is pretty self-explanatory. When you have your application complete make sure you have included a copy of your passport, 2 passport photos, c.v., police cert, bank confirmation letter and that your application/declarations are signed in 6 places. Any fewer and you're missing something!

Regarding the DECLARATION FORM -It is mandatory that you tick each of the boxes (someone on here didn't and their application was declined).

As for police cert. Personally, i think you should include the original.
    However, as it's my second year applying and my police cert is still in date (1 year since it was issued) I included a copy and it was accepted at stage 1.

For your peace of mind, before sending it off put everything through a photocopier! I did this and it really put my mind at ease when the paranoid folk of boards.ie started listing all the things they might have done wrong.

Hi All,

My daughter will be applying shortly for the work permit and I just need to confirm what tenchi-fan has mentioned above just in case anything else has changed since they posted in February:

1. Copy of the passport

2. Passport photos - stapled not glued to 1st set of pages only

3. C.V. - must match exactly with that on Additional Information Form

4. Original police certificate

5. Original of bank confirmation letter

6. Application/declarations are signed in 6 places.

7. Downloaded certificate received in e-mail.

As the form changed recently and we have not downloaded new version just yet we're wondering if anyone here can tell us what the new requirements are or what change took place. Is there any further advice that she needs to bear in mind besides the above.

Is it a good idea to put the word 'Original' on both the police certificate and bank confirmation letter in light of the fact that some people had their applications rejected because the form did not look like an original.

Any advice/help appreciated and thanks to everyone here as these threads have been invaluable for advice.

Mrs. Doyle wrote: »
    Hi All,

My daughter will be applying shortly for the work permit and I just need to confirm what tenchi-fan has mentioned above just in case anything else has changed since they posted in February:

1. Copy of the passport

2. Passport photos - stapled not glued to 1st set of pages only

3. C.V. - must match exactly with that on Additional Information Form

4. Original police certificate

5. Original of bank confirmation letter

6. Application/declarations are signed in 6 places.

As the form changed recently and we have not downloaded new version just yet we're wondering if anyone here can tell us what the new requirements are or what change took place. Is there any further advice that she needs to bear in mind besides the above.

Is it a good idea to put the word 'Original' on both the police certificate and bank confirmation letter in light of the fact that some people had their applications rejected because the form did not look like an original.

Any advice/help appreciated and thanks to everyone here as these threads have been invaluable for advice.

The forms are the same except for one form. The 3 page IEC form is different and was replaced by 2 other forms. I would add to that list that you need to include the download certificate which you get in an email when you apply for the package.

I wouldn't personally put original on the forms as they seem very touchy over little things. Mine and I presume most went through easily. When you get the police cert there should be two pages stapled together. Throw them in as they are and you should be fine.

im sure it could do no harm to write a note on a seperate sheet to say them forms are original, but dont write on the forms themselves for sure they'l reject them....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

When you get the police cert there should be two pages stapled together. Throw them in as they are and you should be fine.

Hi,

Thanks very much for that info. Good to know.

The only problem that I would have with the two pages for the police cert. is that my daughter's front page says 'Police Certificate of Character' whereas the second page just has a heading of Police Certificate. I read elsewhere on this board that one person had their applicaiton rejected because it had the heading with the words character included.

I've updated my list above to include the downloaded certificate.

Thanks again.

Whats the longest anyone has been waiting and then got refused at stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

Hi, Not a happy bunny at the mo. I posted our applications on 20th of Apr, rec in France 28th. Just got my first refusal email today 5th May. In the email it said "Your application is being returned to you by post, accompanied by a checklist indicating the missing and/or non-compliant elements. Please wait until you receive our explanation before submitting a new application" So confused. We applied for a workpermit for myself & hubbie + a study permit for my teenage daughter. I am also taking my 2 yr old son. Please let me know if anyone has got their LOI for their whole family?

• Advertisement

langleybc wrote: »
    Hi, Not a happy bunny at the mo. I posted our applications on 20th of Apr, rec in France 28th. Just got my first refusal email today 5th May. In the email it said "Your application is being returned to you by post, accompanied by a checklist indicating the missing and/or non-compliant elements. Please wait until you receive our explanation before submitting a new application" So confused. We applied for a workpermit for myself & hubbie + a study permit for my teenage daughter. I am also taking my 2 yr old son. Please let me know if anyone has got their LOI for their whole family?

What form did you send of for your daughter's study permit because i have a feeling that is why you got declined, i dont think they accept any other forms with the iec form but i may be wrong..
    I am also bringing my son who is going to school but so far we have not sent any study permit...

Advertisement