Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you like to spoil your OH?

• 14-07-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

for most of the summer i have been spoiling my OH with little things. cooking nice meals for him, making deserts etc. my way of making up for the busy time ill be having for hte next 9 months in college.

so how do you like to spoil your OH to make them feel special??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'm a bastard for buyinh them little presents at random times. Nothing big so could be a teddy,some make up or a tin whistle depending on my mood.
    Wish I could say ive been saving money since ive been single but it turns out I just buy myself crap instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Well he buys me perfume which makes him feel good and he brings me treats when he's coming home from somewhere and he's spoiled for choice with buying me presents because I'm not picky.

Of course I'm joking. I buy him little treats like if I see cool underpants, I'll buy them for him. I make him dinner from time to time and I'd bring him home treats like chocolate that he likes and things like that. I also buy him clothes and stuff but I don't know if he sees that as a treat or not. Then of course there's the X-rated stuff but let's not go there. Personally, I love doing stuff for him, not in a subservient kind of way though but I just like fulfilling traditional gender roles and so does he, it works for us. Plus, I think he's a wonderful boyfriend so I think he deserves treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The way to his heart is definitely through his stomach. And I love cooking. Match made in heaven, ha.

Also whenever I see any comic book related boxer shorts I buy them for him, he has underwear that cost more than my most expensive pair! (Hmm. Must go lingerie shopping for myself sometime)

Sweet texts during the day while he's at work are also a way that I show I care. He often texts me the cutest things... when he's sitting on the toilet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I get toilet texts too. :D

When we got together I liked to buy little things, but he'd always give out about me spending my money on him. It goes the other way too, he rarely buys me things "just coz". I was silly enough to let it bother me at the start, but looking at other couples, we defo make up for it in other ways. Sometimes though I do wish that I could buy something for him, and he apprecaites it for what it is, rather than worry about how much it cost me. :(

Trying to think of treats I do for him and am disgusted to be only able to think of "well I cook....." :eek: Must go, have some serious spoiling to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Xiney wrote: »
    Sweet texts during the day while he's at work are also a way that I show I care. He often texts me the cutest things... when he's sitting on the toilet :rolleyes:
    Best place to think clearly. No distractions :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Aw!!! I find little back scratch is always appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I scratch lightly in between her toes. She loves this for some reason

What does she do for me??? Its a difficult one she does not need to do much she is spoiling me by being!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I scratch lightly in between her toes. She loves this for some reason

What does she do for me??? Its a difficult one she does not need to do much she is spoiling me by being!

i just threw up a little bit

i just threw up a little bit

The toes! Try it. The skin is soft, a light scratch is lovely so I am told. Off course make sure the feet are clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

my OH loves to play with my feet but they mad sensitive. he not a man of many words but he loves to do things for me from an IT side. and since i'm a poor student he loves to bring me to really nice places.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

mollybird wrote: »
    he loves to do things for me from an IT side

Much like me tbh. :) I made sure my wife could watch Eastenders when we went to Thailand last year. Not terribly romantic sounding.....but it's what I'm good at.....techie crap.

Also take the kids out for the day if I think she's in need of a break.

I should buy her flowers more often. She likes them and this thread has prompted me to get my finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yes Khannie, it prompted me to do the same, so I thought a suggestive text message might set me up for a nice evening.

"Gonna make sure you have a good evening, anything I can do to make it extra special ......;)"

So I waited for a reply, and waited, and waited, finally my phone beeped.

"Yes, roast baby potatoes for dinner please.xx " :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

"Yes, roast baby potatoes for dinner please.xx " :rolleyes:

ROFL. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

an x from about 6 years ago used to give me a bj while i played my xbox, apparently when I'm concintrating its very attractive to her.

an x from about 6 years ago used to give me a bj while i played my xbox, apparently when I'm concintrating its very attractive to her.

Me thinks that why she is your x.... Playing your x box at this time. I would have thought more like play with your x's box would be more appropiate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I pick summer flowers from the garden and make an arrangement with them sticking out of a champagne flute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I buy her pens.

She collects them so anytime I see an elegant one I put it aside for her.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Me thinks that why she is your x.... Playing your x box at this time.

Damn right, I'd dump anyone who tried any funny stuff while I'm playing the xbox.

Eh, mostly buying him stuff, he likes stuff. Or driving him places, he likes places. Or mostly just trying to stay out of his way when he's doing stuff, he likes doing stuff.

Emmm....

"must try harder" :(

Me thinks that why she is your x.... Playing your x box at this time. I would have thought more like play with your x's box would be more appropiate :D

:pac: she liked......(this is LL but you lady's certanly dont hold back so
    she liked it down there,..... :D

So id play halo and shed get busy :cool:
    Silverfish wrote: »
    Damn right, I'd dump anyone who tried any funny stuff while I'm playing the xbox.

Well walking in front of the tv naked tends to get a very fast pause while the monks are singing in the background very fitting.... :pac:

/Relise's it does sound very sword fishy :D, But its the truth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i like to buy him clothes
    Make him special dinners
    mend tears in his clothes or buttons etc
    He loves a lil dessert i picked up on in the fitness forum- sugar free jelly and cottage cheese with whole raspberries in it....
    we also like to take one another on mystery tours and give one another clues (really obscure ones)
    I go kayaking with him- i am not the most skillful yakker but he loves getting out on the water and often his family (usual paddle partners) are too busy.... it appeals to his saggitarian sense of adventure....
    I do nice things for his mum/family- bring them flowers, baking, cards, small gifts....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

drive 3 hours to see him after a days work.

put him to bed whens hes had a few 2 many and make sure there is water, painkillers and crisps near his bed for when he wakes up.

always buy skins and filters when im in a shop so he never runs out. (golden virginia is too expensive!)

give him 2 lighters on a night out coz he always ends up giving them away.

make him coffee in the morn before i leave

leave skype on all night so he can watch me sleep

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

having flowers delivered to his office
    :D
    buying him nice chocolate puddin
    back massages
    writing him poems
    that kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Eh, I exist don't I? He's spoiled rotten!

nah in all seriousness

i buy him something in the shop when im on my way over to his house especially if he hasnt done his shopping and i know all he has is noodles and apple juice
    i write him little cards and leave notes on his desktop sidebar
    I'll wear nice underwear and pop over when I said I'd be in the library all day
    I make him dinner sometimes although he makes it more for me
    I text him if I see/read something that relates to our private jokes

well I'm a bit tired and stuck now trying to think but I know I do loads for him. Promise. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

oh, if he has been a really good boy i like to bj him to oblivion,
    and if he has been a bad boy i like to bj him to oblivion,
    if he has been neither of the aforementioned .....yep, same thing.
    filthy filthy filthy me :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I like to cook for him, he's another stomach man lol

He's also crap with ironing so as a treat, the odd time I'll arrange for all of his unironed clothes to be collected and returned a day later all ironed, on hangers, and ready to populate his wardrobe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Just asked himself what nice things I do for him 10 mins later & Im still waiting for a reply. I dont really think I do really nice things for him,I do stuff yeah but Its stuff that you just happen to do when you live with some one. Ill ring him If I see something he'd like when Im out,ehmmmm make him huge dinners....oh god I am a mean girlfriend....just aswell im generous in other *ahem* ways.

Okay ladies & gents me needs suggestions on nice things to do anything bold & chances are I do them but anything else:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

do the dishwasher and the hang out the washing etc coz him and his bro are completly incapable of housework!!!

nouggatti wrote: »
    I like to cook for him, he's another stomach man lol

Every mans a stomach man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

This thread is giving me great ideas for when / if I find someone stupid enough to date me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

If I had an OH I'd do loads of this stuff :D

Advertisement