Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Secondary Schools Debating

• 28-08-2014 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has experience of secondary school debating competitions - I'm setting up a debating team in a school that hasn't had a team for many years and wondering what competitions are out there - and if anyone has had first hand experience of them.

Thanks,

HN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yeahscience

There's the Concern debates - Very well run and a reputable competition. There are science debates too which I've heard advertised too previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

There's the Concern debates - Very well run and a reputable competition. There are science debates too which I've heard advertised too previously.

I'm sure the closing date for the concern debates were the twelfth of September but I'm not entirely sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yeahscience

ElmW13 wrote: »
    I'm sure the closing date for the concern debates were the twelfth of September but I'm not entirely sure.

Oh right, cool. I'm not in secondary school anymore so I didn't know. Ask an English teacher in your school about possible competitions.

Advertisement