Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Triton T90si - pump damaged

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 uimhirahaon

As far as I know the dimensions are practically the same though the mounting holes may not match perfectly and you may need to drill some new holes

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boardzUser

As far as I know the dimensions are practically the same though the mounting holes may not match perfectly and you may need to drill some new holes

Thats correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mayo11

seems another scam by suppliers... won't sell the part we all need seperate to the motor :mad:

probably part of the general 'scam' where manufacturers make cheap products and rely on follow up services and parts to make their profit i.e. replacing of a part that makes up less than 5% of the product, probably costs them a few cent to mass produce, yet costs nearly half the price of a new unit - go figure. Printers are a classic example - I needed a colour laser printer for my job cost €800 approx, replaced the ink cartridges after 6 months at a cost of €350. Also bought a labeller for €19.50 and had to get new labels at €16.50 - clearly more to be made on parts during the lifetime of the product while getting users on board with a cheap initial price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mayo11

yep... razors another prime example, razors cheap, blades a crazy price... capitalist class lives on, still doesn't help me with my shower though !:D

• Advertisement

Yeah but did you notice the little ad for Triton at the top of this page ...
    'the rich have got their channels in the bedrooms of the poor' - Leonard Cohen

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭armstrongracer

Must be a weakness in the pump casing, ours didnt even freeze but blew itself to bits when we ran the pump with no water pressure. Must have been hydraulic pressure alone that blew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Have a kind of similar problem with 2 month old T90xr - it started just with water restrictions in the area (DUblin). At the beginning here was some strange noise (hinger tone than usual) and now it looks like only pump is working (no hot water). As far as it's on warranty (plumbing company did the work) I don't mind costs but I can't take hot shower and this is annoying. So I wonder if that's because old water tank might be dirty (as someone mentioned earlier limestone dirt in the water)? Or because recent water shut-offs when water was some kind of yellowish?

Not being an expert here is what I would suggest:
    If you still have the manual that came with the unit following the commissioning instructions (making sure to turn off the water and electricity at the mains as per instructions). If you don't have the manual you can download a copy from their website below. It is possible that the unit has been damaged but it is worth trying.

www.tritonshowers.ie/media/11724/t90xr.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Hi all,

Has anyone ever heard of the pump assembly leaking. Tennants have said that they have not been using the shower so was trying to figure a root cause as to why it was leaking. I see from previous comments that the pump assembly cannot be provided seperatley, does anyone know how much the motor and pump assembly are as one or am i better off buying a new unit instead. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Hi all,

Has anyone ever heard of the pump assembly leaking. Tennants have said that they have not been using the shower so was trying to figure a root cause as to why it was leaking. I see from previous comments that the pump assembly cannot be provided seperatley, does anyone know how much the motor and pump assembly are as one or am i better off buying a new unit instead. Thanks

About €90 if I remember correctly, had to get two after the big freeze. Try manyooth shower center

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martinosullivan

Where exactly is the water leeking from? It could just be a oring which needs replaceing.

Advertisement