Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tribal Wars

• 09-08-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Any tribal wars players here? I started playing a few days ago.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Used to play it, have since moved to Lord of Ultima

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Is lord of ultima much better?

I'm finding a few things a bit off about tribal wars. Immediately on joining a tribe I was "ordered" to send 70% of my troops to help someone, fair enough, but I had less than 30 troops at the time. I was then "warned" to allow a tribe member to sit my account for "5 mins" and when I asked why I was told it was classified. Is this a normal thing in the game do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

Some tribes ask to check your village to see if your a point whore or not (Pumps all his resources into buildings and not troops) Mime didn't. I gave it up aswell. Your tribe is probally in a war. I hate wars (GRRRRRR!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Are you playing TW on UK server or TW.net?
    If its .UK you would be better off waiting for World 6 which should be starting fairly soon

The account sit thing is quite common it makes sure you are not points whoring

As for the demand for troops if you don't have them just say so

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭politicsdude

Whispered wrote: »
    Any tribal wars players here? I started playing a few days ago.

i'm addicted to this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

yea im addicted too
    i only play tw.net though with 5 years exp and im on world 2 with the account pantyeater5000

but i play some of the newer worlds
    look me up
    Gazman94

I play .net too, world 51. Not looking you up though coz I'm really really bad at it. :o

Building up things at the moment but no idea how to farm other places or when to send troops etc.

lol well im not on world 51,im on 50 though if you want to

• Registered Users Posts: 20 paulbohs

I'm not playing this right now. Last world was w46. I got to 100 villages and then quit. It got too boring and as usual I couldn't handle 4 years of it. I'm currently playing warofempires. Lasts 2 months so a bit more doable.

The sitting thing is normal. I'll coplay you for a while if you like. I always have 4 times more troops than points. Its fun at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

lol tribalwars, im currently playing w50 im 445k

• Advertisement

are you GMSB by any chance??
    coz im gazman94 and we are in a war in k71 on world 50 and we would love if you helped :)
    the tribe we are warring with is Join the club (JTC)
    there a bunch of noobs and we want them gone

No I'm in TBSD, but thinking of giving up altogether. My troops have been wiped out but building back up, wall level 15. Anyone wants my village and place in tribe let me know, I'll give you my PW.

what world whis?
    maybe i can try help

world 51

I don't know what farming is or anything. It seems that you need to know everything before you even start or you end up wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

$kilkenny wrote: »
    what world whis?
    maybe i can try help

add me

trish97206

lol we were al the same when we started
    is shat you need is some help like from a top player or a top tribe maybe

i myself learned nearly everything from world 2 from pantyeater5000
    that was 5 years ago...i now own his account! 6.6mil

well evrything was wiped out today. EVERYTHING. and I was just building back up. :( I'm gonna be a big baby, stamp my feet and say I don't wanna play anymore.

what size were you?
    and gizmo i mailed you on there!!
    tell your co player kieth to not read my mail plz coz then you wont see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

im thesoupdragon on world 48

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Doublin

Started last month w50, Doublin35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 paulbohs

anyone playing world uk6?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Zombienosh wrote: »
    im thesoupdragon on world 48
    iam also on world 48naughto is my name k17

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Played this game for a while - but eventually got bored. After you have like 50+ villages its tedious to play without premium. And the game goal is horrible - your goal is pretty much to make new players quit whilst shuttling troops around ad nauseum for an alliance war which is usually about sheer numbers. Its fun initially, but no real depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

paulbohs wrote: »
    anyone playing world uk6?

I am..

PenguinsHaooo is my name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GOSullivan27

Anyone play on W53 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 the_real_dave

I used play, quite a while ago. Worked my way up to control quite a large sector of the world I played on (20 I think >.<), and was a high up member of the second most powerful tribe on that world.

The time needed was massive though, but within my tribe, we had a nice web of trust, where if you say couldn't launch an attack at a specific time (when the tribe would be Blitzkreiging a certain player/tribe) another member would take over and send the attacks when they needed to be sent. Only members that were high up were allowed.

I've left though. Probably for the best >.< Very addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johntoc

I've been playing for approx 6 months on the uk site. I am on world 6 and 7. Just signed up on the .net site on world 56. Love the game but not getting much success on it. I recruit troops twice as fast as buildings but still get taken over by bigger players. Last week I logged on 1st thing in the morning and was taken over I didnt even realise I was under attack. A guy attacked 7 times during the night and took me out and had over 3500 troops which took me a while to build. Very frustrating. Any one any tips. My username is johntoc look me up on it. Anyone any tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Anyone play on W53 ??

yup - Its pure crazy lately - same name - add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

johntoc wrote: »
    I've been playing for approx 6 months on the uk site. I am on world 6 and 7. Just signed up on the .net site on world 56. Love the game but not getting much success on it. I recruit troops twice as fast as buildings but still get taken over by bigger players. Last week I logged on 1st thing in the morning and was taken over I didnt even realise I was under attack. A guy attacked 7 times during the night and took me out and had over 3500 troops which took me a while to build. Very frustrating. Any one any tips. My username is johntoc look me up on it. Anyone any tips.

There is no w56 yet???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Neakiaro

Ive played since .net world 1. Its quite good.

Advertisement