Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who thinks women with muscles are sexy?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

For a start guile45, calm down. You're presumably not a child so stop acting like one. You're reinforcing the idea that muscle types are reactionary idiots. If your arguments don't carry weight or you don't like the answers well ignore them, get better answers or stop posting simple as.

Your reference to evolution is so wrong it's laughable. Yes evolution in minute amounts happens between generations. There is nothing in the comparisons between old bodybuilders and new ones that explains the huge increase in body muscle. Yes the training has gotten better, the understanding of diet has increased, even so many of the early guys like Magick etc were very highly developed. They were not the size of the modern guys. No where close.. You clearly have no understanding of the changes that have occured in diet in the last 40 years that have increased height etc. These are not evolutionary changes but environmental. EG People of Japanes ancestry are taller in america than in japan, because of different diet, not evolution.

Anabolic steroid abuse is rife in professional bodybuilding, both male and female. While there are clean categories, the very fact they exist shows the use elsewhere.

This does not deny the work required to get to that size. Roids or not you have to put in the work, but roids make it easier to build bulk with the same input. If it didn't they wouldn't use them. The fact that you can't even understand the words anabolic and steroids is worrying. Can you even give me a definition

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭guile45

Rob_l wrote: »
    Anyway im off home guile I hope the mods can deal with you personal attacks later eh

NO WONDER U WERE BULLIED AT SKOOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Wibbs wrote: »
    For a start guile45, calm down. You're presumably not a child so stop acting like one.

I'd be amazed if he's over 18.
    guile45 wrote:
    I'M ACTUALLY 21 YOU TOSSER HAHAHHAHA

I stand corrected.

For a start guile45, calm down. You're presumably not a child so stop acting like one. You're reinforcing the idea that muscle types are reactionary idiots. If your arguments don't carry weight or you don't like the answers well ignore them, get better answers or stop posting simple as.

Your reference to evolution is so wrong it's laughable. Yes evolution in minute amounts happens between generations. There is nothing in the comparisons between old bodybuilders and new ones that explains the huge increase in body muscle. Yes the training has gotten better, the understanding
    of diet has increased, even so many of the early guys like Magick etc were very highly developed. They were not the size of the modern guys. No where close.. You clearly have no understanding of the changes that have occured in diet in the last 40 years that have increased height etc. These are not evolutionary changes but environmental. EG People of Japanes ancestry are taller in america than in japan, because of different diet, not evolution.

Anabolic steroid abuse is rife in professional bodybuilding, both male and female. While there are clean categories, the very fact they exist shows the use elsewhere.

This does not deny the work required to get to that size. Roids or not you have to put in the work, but roids make it easier to build bulk with the same input.

READ YOU'RE BOLD STATEMENT AND PLEASE REPHRASE UR ASSESSMENT OF MY INTELLIGENC, WHAT MAKES U SO HIGH AND MIGHTY? MUST I ACCEPT UR THEORIES AS CORRECT COS UR A MOD???
    I HAVE A BA IN HUMANITIES AND AN MSC , I HAVE PRODUCED WORKS ON PSYCHOLOGY, PHILOSOPHY, FEMINISM AND CULTURE OF THE 20TH AND 21ST CENTURY.... I HAVE A BROAD UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD OF BODYBUILDING, AND IF UR POINT IS..WHICH I HOPE IT IS NOT, IS THAT WHAT DIFFERS THESE GUYS FROM THE GUYS IN THE 1950s IS PILLS I AM AFRAID U ARE WRONG MATE...IF I WAS ABLE TO EARN MONEY FOR BODYBUILDING AND PUT IN AS MUCH TIME AND USE AS MUCH OF TODAYS TECHNOLOGY AS PRO BODYBUILDERS CAN, I WOULDNT HAVE MY 1950s PHYSIQUE, I WUD BE CLOSE TO WHAT THOSE GUYS HAVE....IF U LOOK AT THE EARLY BODYBUILDERS MANY DIDNT DEVDLOP ABS...ARE ABS A BYPRODUCT OF STERIODS??? NO THEY ARENT, PEOPLE LEARNED HOW TO TRAIN THAT SECTION OF THE BODY AND GET THAT PART OF THE BODY AS RIPPED AS THE REST, I SUPPOSE U COULD CALL THAT EVOLUTION..

You were an arts student?

It's all making sense now...

• Advertisement

Main Entry:
    evo·lu·tion Listen to the pronunciation of evolution
    Pronunciation:
    \ˌe-və-ˈlü-shən, ˌē-və-\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    Latin evolution-, evolutio unrolling, from evolvere
    Date:

1: one of a set of prescribed movements2 a: a process of change in a certain direction : unfolding b: the action or an instance of forming and giving something off : emission c (1): a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better state : growth (2): a process of gradual and relatively peaceful social, political, and economic advance d: something evolved3: the process of working out or developing

tribulus wrote: »
    You were an arts student?

It's all making sense now...

mature

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

guile45 wrote: »
    READ YOU'RE BOLD STATEMENT AND PLEASE REPHRASE UR ASSESSMENT OF MY INTELLIGENC, WHAT MAKES U SO HIGH AND MIGHTY? MUST I ACCEPT UR THEORIES AS CORRECT COS UR A MOD???
    I HAVE A BA IN HUMANITIES AND AN MSC , I HAVE PRODUCED WORKS ON PSYCHOLOGY, PHILOSOPHY, FEMINISM AND CULTURE OF THE 20TH AND 21ST CENTURY.... I HAVE A BROAD UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD OF BODYBUILDING, AND IF UR POINT IS..WHICH I HOPE IT IS NOT, IS THAT WHAT DIFFERS THESE GUYS FROM THE GUYS IN THE 1950s IS PILLS I AM AFRAID U ARE WRONG MATE...IF I WAS ABLE TO EARN MONEY FOR BODYBUILDING AND PUT IN AS MUCH TIME AND USE AS MUCH OF TODAYS TECHNOLOGY AS PRO BODYBUILDERS CAN, I WOULDNT HAVE MY 1950s PHYSIQUE, I WUD BE CLOSE TO WHAT THOSE GUYS HAVE....IF U LOOK AT THE EARLY BODYBUILDERS MANY DIDNT DEVDLOP ABS...ARE ABS A BYPRODUCT OF STERIODS??? NO THEY ARENT, PEOPLE LEARNED HOW TO TRAIN THAT SECTION OF THE BODY AND GET THAT PART OF THE BODY AS RIPPED AS THE REST, I SUPPOSE U COULD CALL THAT EVOLUTION..
    If you have a cogent argument why do you have to resort to childish name calling and shouting? If you're an adult with all those qualifications why do feel the need to be so defensive? Makes no sense. There's a Chinese saying those who feel the need to raise their voice in an argument have already lost it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

If you have a cogent argument why do you have to resort to childish name calling and shouting? If you're an adult with all those qualifications why do feel the need to be so defensive? Makes no sense. There's a Chinese saying those who feel the need to raise their voice in an argument have already lost it.

when i have to deal with his level of idiocy it had to happen

You picking out my text in bold still does you no favours. Diet is not evolution. Nt in the way you seem to understand it. If I have two twins(and I'm Dr mengele) and I starve one and overfeed another, the former will be weak and small, the latter will be bigger fatter and stronger. They have the same DNA, one has not evolved differently to the other. Do you get it now?

Please ease up on the caps lock.

• Advertisement

when i have to deal with his level of idiocy it had to happen
    In your opinion. You have hardly backed up your arguments with either good data or links. Those you have linked to do not back your claims. When you have been asked for such backup you resort to shouting and childish name calling. Surely one with such qualifications and knowledge should not need to start screaming like a 3 year old child? Stop projecting your own insecurities. It's unseemly in an adult and would not be tolerated in someone above the age of reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

guile45 banned. meh.

To the others (Not to single anyone out... Example: rob_l: retaliation / provocation may earn you a ban too. Report the post and move on.)

Indeed if you have produced works in psychology et al your behaviour and the reasons for same should be not difficult to see for you. Your over reactive stance when things don't go your way is basic projection of your insecurities. Physician heal thyself.

Karoma wrote: »
    guile45 banned. meh.

Pity I was beginning to enjoy that. More issues than readers digest back catalogue. I suspect he was not the author of those Psychology "works", merely the subject.

Here's an example of a very early bodybuilder who without steroids clearly didn't develop abs....:D http://www.sandowmuseum.com/page134.html

Ignore the fig leaf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Here's an example of a very early bodybuilder who without steroids clearly didn't develop abs....:D http://www.sandowmuseum.com/page134.html

I say! A spiffing specimen!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

whats abs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Code Red, Code Red.

'roid rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Nooooo muscles on gurls are not nice,

Sure theyd show me up, and that just aint allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Feminism and body-building=bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Wow... I had no idea this thread would get so heated. Guile looked a LITTLE bit obsessed with all that picture-posting. I have to say that I don't think it's fair to call female body buliders "men" TBH. Lifting is what they like, so let them be. When I started this thread though, I was sort of referring to the Jessica Biels, Evangeline Lillys and yeah, the SJP's. Nothing too extreme. Still though, I don't know how I'd feel if I met a woman with huge muscles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah!

So much anger in this thread.

Methinks this is a complete matter of opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I've been trying to get an image that suits the level of muscle I like. Gladiators to the rescue. Watching a show on the new version tonight and it reminded me of Jet.... holy wowsers.

Pic(Second from the right)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

There are a lot of women on here written off as "Trannies" but a lot of them are still very fine looking IMHO.

I've been trying to get an image that suits the level of muscle I like. Gladiators to the rescue. Watching a show on the new version tonight and it reminded me of Jet.... holy wowsers.

Pic(Second from the right)

This is Jet http://www.angelfire.com/celeb/splits/Photos/jetwb01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Re: evolution of bodybuilders.

Jay Cutler the Current Mr Olympia is 5'9"

Arnold Schwarzenegger a Former Mr Olympia of over 30 years ago is 6'2"

Looks to me like the current competitors could be considered less genetically evolved than former ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I think toned and athletic is sexy, but not huge muscles.
    For example, the first girl, Alicia Sacramone, looks nice, I think. She obviously in shape and toned, but still looks feminine. The girl in the second photo, Laura Campos, looks like a man (btw, they both look really young, but Alicia is 21, and Laura is 20).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I think toned and athletic is sexy, but not huge muscles.
    For example, the first girl, Alicia Sacramone, looks nice, I think. She obviously in shape and toned, but still looks feminine. The girl in the second photo, Laura Campos, looks like a man (btw, they both look really young, but Alicia is 21, and Laura is 20).

The first one is attractive the second no no no, but her level of muscle is fine its actual real usable muscle she has built up to do a certain task not just muscle built for the sake of standing there flexing them in her orange glow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Rob_l wrote: »
    The first one is attractive the second no no no, but her level of muscle is fine its actual real usable muscle she has built up to do a certain task not just muscle built for the sake of standing there flexing them in her orange glow

Oh I agree. They're both very good at what they do, and they can't build themselves up to the bodybuilder level because they need to maintain their flexibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

The girl in the second photo, Laura Campos, looks like a man (btw, they both look really young, but Alicia is 21, and Laura is 20).
    If she ever wanted a second career as a Figure Competitor she could do quite well. She'd probably need a boob job though.

Out of curiosity are gymnasts tested regularly in all competitions?

Advertisement