Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mischief managed

emma35 wrote: »
    anyone else staying in corrib village? :)

Thank god for cancellations <3
    I know we turn up on the 29th, but is there a particular time check in starts do you know? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Thank god for cancellations <3
    I know we turn up on the 29th, but is there a particular time check in starts do you know? :P

2:00 It says on the email we got about pre-arrival. You might not have gotten it yet because you got in via cancellations so wait a day or two.

You are so blessed you got in on the cancellations! The student housing situation in Galway atm is so so dire..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy3

724- chance of RCSI on second round?... Thanks!

Murphy3 wrote: »
    724- chance of RCSI on second round?... Thanks!

5 point drop from first round? Cannot see it happening tbh..

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    5 point drop from first round? Cannot see it happening tbh..

Yeah it's a big ask in fairness- by some miracle maybe! Also- can anyone give some pros of pre med? Feel like I'll be offered that come Wednesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Emmp21

Anyone know what time today NUIG admissions let us know about the 5/6 year course?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Omedicineg

Emmp21 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time today NUIG admissions let us know about the 5/6 year course?

I'm waiting on the same email should arrive soon enough now!

Omedicineg wrote: »
    I'm waiting on the same email should arrive soon enough now!

Just got a confirmation email now and got into premed delighted can finally take a year to relax!!!

Galway emails are out!

Pre med :)!

• Advertisement

Thank f*ck I got into premed :pac:

Anyone get the 5yr course who was hoping for the 6yr?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

Pleasantly surprised to get 5 yr

Thank f*ck I got into premed :pac:

You got 749 yet are in premed so did you not do chemistry or something? :) I got premed too going to be an easy year :D

You got 749 yet are in premed so did you not do chemistry or something? :) I got premed too going to be an easy year :D

Getting onto premed has nothing to do with entry points. I only did Bio and Chem for the leaving cert but only got an A2 in Chem so I'd say I scraped in by the skin of my teeth!

Getting onto premed has nothing to do with entry points. I only did Bio and Chem for the leaving cert but only got an A2 in Chem so I'd say I scraped in by the skin of my teeth!

Yes but point have got to do with an indication of grades so I thought you would have skipped Chen because it sounds like you got all A1's! Btw where is the log in page for registration can't find it anywhere!!!

Yes but point have got to do with an indication of grades so I thought you would have skipped Chen because it sounds like you got all A1's! Btw where is the log in page for registration can't find it anywhere!!!

Got 590 in the LC so I got far from All A1's!:pac:

Here is the page NUIG Registration

Your username is your CAO number and your password is galway(dd/mm) of your DOB

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Got the 5 year in NUIG but thinking I'll drop back to premed ugh decisions decisions.

What's the deal with the modules? There seems to be a module in Irish "ceimic"? Can anyone enlighten me because there seems to be no information about the modules at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

What's the deal with the modules? There seems to be a module in Irish "ceimic"? Can anyone enlighten me because there seems to be no information about the modules at all!

You can take chemistry through Irish, have a look at NUIGs undenominated Science subjects because the modules will be the same (no maths for premed tho, I think?), so you can get the info there.

http://www.nuigalway.ie/science/undergraduate-courses/1styearinfo/

Have a look at the handbook, it had module info. Pg 26-34

In premed you learn physics, chemistry, biology throughout the year. In semester one you've a module called Early Patient Contact (EPC) and in semester two EPC is replaced by what is misleadingly titled on the timetable as "Anatomy".

• Advertisement

I can't seem to register for some reason? There is no button available to confirm my course?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveMc90

Hey really need some help !
    So I'll be repeating the hpat this year but will also be applying for the ukcat and ucas , has anybody got any advice how to tackle this ukcat like is there a difference between it and the hpat prep most do??

Does anyone have any timetables for premed? I just want to see what hours we premeds will be dossing around with :D

Does anyone have any timetables for premed? I just want to see what hours we premeds will be dossing around with :D

I have one but it can only be opened on Mac. I don't think it changes much at all from year to year.

How did you get your timetable? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Thebabyjesus

Anyone reckon there'll be second round offers for 723 points in nuig tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

Just for future reference does everyone accepted into Med in NUIG get to pick whether they wish to do premed or not?

I do three sciences but I was looking for an easier year after the Leaving!

I'm trying to pay my fees on the NUIG website and it says my fees due is €9267.. Is that just me? :confused:

What are my chances of getting UCC med with 725 in second round offers?

• Advertisement

Just for future reference does everyone accepted into Med in NUIG get to pick whether they wish to do premed or not?

I do three sciences but I was looking for an easier year after the Leaving!

You are allocated to either the 5/6 year course based on certain criteria but you can then request to transfer into the 6 year if you wanted it but was allocated to the 5 year course and vice versa

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement