Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nighttimenetwork Podcast

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm led to believe that Soundcloud do offer specific podcast services, so maybe they will get an RSS feed going again. I assume the PodBean sub rand out at the start of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Soundcloud are still rolling that service out, it's in beta testing AFAIK, so you have to apply and be accepted to get one (though they should really get on that as everyone will just move there once they do...FAR easier to use and share with than Podbean. It's a bitch right now diluting the stats we have with my own podcast between running both - and we have to, Soundcloud gets new listeners and iTunes keeps them but you're asking people to follow two different services).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just listened to the first few episodes of this. Is the (co-host?) a constant part of all the episodes?...I enjoy Foley, but he makes it a hard listen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just listened to the first few episodes of this. Is the (co-host?) a constant part of all the episodes?...I enjoy Foley, but he makes it a hard listen.

He's on most, not all, of the episodes. The first few episodes were just Ray and Al, but after about 4 the full lineup arrived, so if you're not enjoying Al it might be worth pushing through until the rest come on board to see if you still enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    He's on most, not all, of the episodes. The first few episodes were just Ray and Al, but after about 4 the full lineup arrived, so if you're not enjoying Al it might be worth pushing through until the rest come on board to see if you still enjoy it.

Thanks for that, will stick with it for a few more episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Anyone have any ideas why the lads are never able to get a weekly podcast goin?
    Surely it must be the biggest hurdle for the podcast to gain momentum?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

I think it would have been pretty hard to do the past few weeks in fairness. They had all the stuff going on for the Naked Breakfast towards the middle and end of November then this weekend Ray was in Manchester so am not too surprised. Hopefully we get one this week. Have to say I'm looking forward to the show podcast tomorrow to see what he says about this whole Darcy thing!

are they still doing podcast extra stuff on the 98 show? stopped listening ages ago to that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

youngblood wrote: »
    are they still doing podcast extra stuff on the 98 show? stopped listening ages ago to that

Nah, just the show edited down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 carnin

youngblood wrote: »

Nah, that's gone now. It's just the show.
    New NTN podcast just up now though. And it seems like they've sorted the feed problem! :-)

• Advertisement

carnin wrote: »
    Nah, that's gone now. It's just the show.
    New NTN podcast just up now though. And it seems like they've sorted the feed problem! :-)

Is it still only on Soundcloud?

Spoke too soon about them being too busy then! Its back on iTunes aswell so happy days!

new podcast up!

Short one and was dated as December 1st so maybe we will get one this week at some point again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Opened my iTunes to TWO new podcasts! Woohoo!

Edit: Never mind, it's only one new one.

Looks like we will be getting a new podcast up soon! Ray said this morning that himself and JP were doing one last night!

IUA14 wrote:
    Looks like we will be getting a new podcast up soon! Ray said this morning that himself and JP were doing one last night!

don't they sometimes record a load of different bits over the week and then edit them together at the end

Haven't done that in a while, the last few have been all one piece together! But they take a while to upload after they record it seems!

New episode up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus very deep conversation during the podcast about the care home from the prime time show.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus very deep conversation during the podcast about the care home from the prime time show.

Yeah, serious conversation this time around, I enjoyed it though.

Does anyone here send in podcast emails much? They don't read out many, and it seems to be a lack of them rather than the lads unwilling to read them out.

new podcast up!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

Does anyone agree they spend way too long trying to get the audio perfect? Most of the time its fine... Then ray complains about someone being too loud or to quiet or the line being bad.. Its always fine.

elmoslats wrote: »
    Does anyone agree they spend way too long trying to get the audio perfect? Most of the time its fine... Then ray complains about someone being too loud or to quiet or the line being bad.. Its always fine.

I said that a while back too, it's wasting perfectly good podcastin' time! I wonder why he doesn't just do it all before they hit record?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Skype is a melt to tape podcasts with. To me Foley moaning about the sound quality and audio equipment getting ****ed up is as much a part of his shows as anything else these days. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I've been a big Ray/JP fan for years and never knew this podcast existed until tonight. Could never be arsed listening in the morning time so this is a welcome surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Been a while since anew one went up? Think they've given up or just stopped since christmas?

TBH I think they're just going to be very irregular with them. I'd say if they give up on the idea they'd nearly put up one saying they're stopping. At least, I'd hope they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

It's been a while since I've listened, but loved them every time I've listened. Did he mention Mr D'Arcy moving on any of the podcasts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Still haven't got around to one since last year, i'd say they have given up all right.

Advertisement