Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

o1s1n wrote: »
    Maybe the Snes was sick of playing games and just wanted to spend his retirement in the sun?

A bit like this Dreamcast; be warned though, not a pleasant ending.

http://www.wayoftherodent.com/bonus/dreamcast%20holiday.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

One or two tasty gamecube games in cex in liffey st.

Star Fox Assault 12e, not that common as it was released relatively late in the gamecube's life, it's fun in parts.

Resident Evil 7e, anyone who still doesn't have a copy, pick it up!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In parts? It's got 2 good levels, one ok one and the rest of the game is atrocious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Gamexhange on Talbot St is having a 3 for 2 sale on all gamery. I was told that the guy is supposed to be getting new stock in next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I've 2 Atari 520/1040 Joysticks I don't need any more. 2 for a 10er?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 8bit Diva

Not sure if dis fits in here or not but they're running a competition over on www.retrovia.ie and the prize is going to be something retro. Just got an email from them about it so thought I'd share. It sounds good to me anyway.

I think it's run by some people that are on the forum here as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭ Phoebe Weak Teaspoonful

*donates rise of the robots..

8bit Diva wrote: »
    Not sure if dis fits in here or not but they're running a competition over on www.retrovia.ie and the prize is going to be something retro. Just got an email from them about it so thought I'd share. It sounds good to me anyway.

I think it's run by some people that are on the forum here as well :)

Full disclosure, thats my site guys. Well, one of them. My signature kind of gives it away.
    *donates rise of the robots..

You have just given me an idea for a "new" 4 place prize. The "wooden spoon" if you will :D

So, which was the worst version of Rise of the Robots then.

• Advertisement

I think I'll stick with Rise of the Robots. Perhaps the megadrive version if I can find it.

It is now the official 4th place loser prize. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I'd rather pluck my eyeballs out with a shoehorn and rub my sockets in pure capsacin, listening to Michael Buble albums on permanent loop while a midget in dungarees severs my arms off with an electric kitchen knife.

But enough about what I get up to on Friday's, Hard Drivin' was absolutely ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Getting rid of a few consoles I do not require anymore......:p

http://www.adverts.ie/644160

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

heya
    check your (aderts) PMs mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That was a nice lot with a great asking price. I had to close it really quickly earlier before I was tempted :D

I wonder does the disc drive just have that problem mine did of being jammed down too low? Worth a shot to fix it if it hasn't been tried already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TESCO in balbriggan have some good deals, Alan Wake, Mass effect, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo ODST all a tenner each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    TESCO in balbriggan have some good deals, Alan Wake, Mass effect, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo ODST all a tenner each

Damn you tesco, everyone ive been to had mad prices, one of the only places you can get a new copy of euro 2008 on the ps2 for 25 notes

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Yep, posted this the other day. I got Alan Wake and Metro 2022 for 10 European milk tokens each at Millfield Baille Brigin too.

Master of the Universe

Does Halo ODST have a big booklet? I'm running out of toilet roll.

Does Halo ODST Wars have a big booklet? I'm running out of toilet roll.

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Master of the Universe

I'd love to get this. Megaman 9 press kit. It comes in a pretend NES box, and better still, the game is on a disc in a pretend NES cart.

Shame it's not a real NES cart, but this is the closest you'll ever get!

http://cgi.ebay.com/250832913884?clk_rvr_id=239117744090

Don't soil yourselves just yet, but this could turn out to be an absolute bargain for someone...

Click me!

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Don't soil yourselves just yet, but this could turn out to be an absolute bargain for someone...

Click me!

Nice! I had one of them in my Ebay watch list for well over a year out of curiosity. I think the original asking price was about €1000 or possibly more. As you can probably imagine, nobody bought it.

I assume that one just went in your watch list? :D

I'm not that interested in the LT to be honest. It's nice and it's a rarity etc but for me I just want a nice clean Duo or Duo-RX I can use regularly.

Master of the Universe

Owning rarities like that can be more of a pain than it's worth. You want to play the thing...but then are afraid to in case something happens to it.

Personally I buy consoles to play and play only. I don't collect them for collecting sake like I do with games. So I try never to spend a lot of money on them.

The most I've ever spend on an old piece of hardware was my souped up Amiga A1200. But I did that as it just sits there...you don't plug carts in and out of it, you don't have to touch the thing. So it ain't going to get damaged! :D

You could buy Sapphire, Recca, Radiant Silvergun and Rendering Ranger R2 all together for the price of an LT!

Actually no, come to think of it, Rendering Ranger R2 will probably cost you the price of an LT alone. Maybe even two LT's if it's still sealed. Owch.

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    You could buy Sapphire, Recca, Radiant Silvergun and Rendering Ranger R2 all together for the price of an LT!

Actually no, come to think of it, Rendering Ranger R2 will probably cost you the price of an LT alone. Maybe even two LT's if it's still sealed. Owch.

I bet you Rendering Ranger R2 will turn up in the RAGE and Johnny Ultimate will get it for a tenner.

I bet you Rendering Ranger R2 will turn up in the RAGE and Johnny Ultimate will get it for a tenner.

I'd actually eat my own faeces for breakfast, lunch and dinner and if I go to a restaurant ask them to only serve me my own faeces and to charge me for it every single day for the next 75 years if this happens.

Seriously though, finding a CIB new copy of it and for a good price would be like winning the lotto.

• Advertisement

its good to have the must have games or consoles because it gives you the licence to do a ;) or a :D when ever the moment is mention of someone wants one...

Anyways heres one,1 grand-

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=250825417516&Category=187&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement