Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artwork by Judgement Day?

• 19-03-2014 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

10f57gm.jpg

Where was I?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

corktina wrote: »
    10f57gm.jpg

Where was I?

A graveyard for the Irish railway system somewhere? Prefer live ones myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you could not be more wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Nice photos of Downpatrick, I had a trip on the line back in 1983 and it seems to have come on well since then. Amazing that the poor old six-wheelers have survived - they were sold to Hammond Lane by CIE and the GSRPS had to buy them back. Poor old GSRPS - gone and forgotten!

Quite a few very old coaches there and some very good progress on restoration of some of them. Great to have a choice of coaches to ride in...I sampled a Park Royal (I think it was anyway...) and a GSWR saloon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,929 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Nice photos of Downpatrick, I had a trip on the line back in 1983 and it seems to have come on well since then. Amazing that the poor old six-wheelers have survived - they were sold to Hammond Lane by CIE and the GSRPS had to buy them back. Poor old GSRPS - gone and forgotten!

Maybe I'm straying onto terre verbotten here but is the GSRPS alive in any way shape or from? Obviously they don't operate services but from a paperwork/research/legal end of things...

I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

GSRPS - gone and forgotten!
    Gone but not forgotten, maybe a small legacy, still a legacy, some say a controversial legacy, history will decide.
    My own personal experience, lifting track in Shelton Abbey and Judgement Day cracking the whip, still remember that:D

Maybe I'm straying onto terre verbotten here but is the GSRPS alive in any way shape or from? Obviously they don't operate services but from a paperwork/research/legal end of things...

The GSRPS went the same way as the Southern Railway of Ireland (Thurles/Clonmel) did at the 1925 amalgamation into the GSR - no directors or shareholders could be found lest they be deemed liable for any debts. I was the last Chairman - it could be argued that I still am - don't tell anybody though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,929 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The GSRPS went the same way as the Southern Railway of Ireland (Thurles/Clonmel) did at the 1925 amalgamation into the GSR - no directors or shareholders could be found lest they be deemed liable for any debts. I was the last Chairman - it could be argued that I still am - don't tell anybody though. :D

Who owns the GSRPS? Some guy on the hinterweb said he does.

Like I'm gonna believe that line :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Grandeeod wrote: »

Complete rubbish as the GSRPS Ltd was struck off years ago - I have the paperwork somewhere. The GSRPS (Society) as opposed to the company held most of the stock - excluding the steam loco No.131 and assorted rubbish now at the "Ramble Inn" nr. Ballinahassig, Cork - and technically still exists but who cares anyway.

Complete rubbish as the GSRPS Ltd was struck off years ago - I have the paperwork somewhere. The GSRPS (Society) as opposed to the company held most of the stock - excluding the steam loco No.131 and assorted rubbish now at the "Ramble Inn" nr. Ballinahassig, Cork - and technically still exists but who cares anyway.

Actually at Halfway, right next to the main road with the original line on viaduct behind and high above on the hillside!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

GSRPS: File under L for Lost Opportunity.

GSRPS: File under L for Lost Opportunity.

I was just in the process of joining up when it all went to the dogs. I doubt I'd have made much difference though! (through the kindness of someone in the Society, I was enrolled for free in advance of me finding work..so technically I was a member, I only ever got one magazine I think)

Advertisement