Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this tooo good to be true ???

• 31-05-2010 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Can anyone with internet marketing expertise tell me if this is too good to be true. I was referred to a new site, I wont mention their name as I think this is against the rules, that claims to reach targeted clients for my business through social networking sites such as facebook, twitter etc. But apparently I just have to sign up to their business directory and not pay for actual adds on these other sites. Is this even possible or just another online business directory with exagerated claims? .. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 romm

It depends how much you have to pay for your sign up with them and what the monthly charge is.. But it is possible! I am in one online business which teaches HOW to do that YOURSELF :)

Romm
    pawnacide wrote: »
    Can anyone with internet marketing expertise tell me if this is too good to be true. I was referred to a new site, I wont mention their name as I think this is against the rules, that claims to reach targeted clients for my business through social networking sites such as facebook, twitter etc. But apparently I just have to sign up to their business directory and not pay for actual adds on these other sites. Is this even possible or just another online business directory with exagerated claims? .. any ideas?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

In general if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. I can't imagine any third party sucessfully "targeting businesses" on twitter for example as that is a relationship based network, if your not putting in the relationship effort you wont get much out of it. Just a post to accounts that don't read their time line.

Best way to deal with directories is have a play on their site, if you end up buying something from one of their clients or can see yourself using it over Google to solve a problem, then maybe its worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

In general if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

pawnacide wrote: »
    Can anyone with internet marketing expertise tell me if this is too good to be true. I was referred to a new site, I wont mention their name as I think this is against the rules, that claims to reach targeted clients for my business through social networking sites such as facebook, twitter etc. But apparently I just have to sign up to their business directory and not pay for actual adds on these other sites. Is this even possible or just another online business directory with exaggerated claims? .. any ideas?

If your looking for proper targeted traffic then you could set up ads on facebook yourself. You can choose exactly who sees them... ie: men between 18 and 35 who are married and own their own home.... Altho that might be a good market for selling power-washers, but you should get the picture from that example.. you can also market by geo too. Its pretty easy to set up too, I had a few ads on facebook last year and got quite a lot of hits on my sites directly from those ads.

Advertisement