Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question on driving in an emergency

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

Firstly, Good job those of you in the emergency services.
    Secondly, Spilling over from Learning to Drive. What are your opinions of how learner drivers react to the lights and sirens. By this I mean the real learners, who are clearly in the early stages of learning as opposed to cars with L plates.
    Thirdly, Do you think the testers should immediatly interupt a test to help the learner out of your way quicker, during their driving test.
    Forthly, Purely as an anicdoted. My uncle used to work for the ambulance service in Belfast. He (rightly I believe) drove straight over a large roundabout with a lovely floral display celebrating Belfasts centenary, to avoid very heavy traffic. Recieved an official slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭donkey balls

bluetop wrote: »
    If you remember not long ago Prime Time done an article on taxi drivers double jobbing it, one Bus Driver from P/Boro was driving a bus by day and by night was driving a taxi, he was working something like 20 hrs a day. Hence he no longer drives Buses any longer, he was sacked, just pure luck he did not kill anyone, there are lots of them doing it, only a matter of time before someone is killed in and around the city.):

That guy did not get fired from Dub bus :eek: I was talking to some people who work in that depot Dub bus did some investigation and he was reinstated,As for people not looking in their mirrors and surroundings me thinks it boils down to poor spacial awareness of the driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fire lanes. Get some. Problems solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Corcioch

Whats gets in your way?? Nothing.

What do you meet . . . . .Hazards.

They are many and varied. You negotiate them. According to the system :)

Advertisement