Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call of duty black ops 3

• 20-08-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi just like to know which edition would be best to get the standard edition or the hardened edition any opinions on this would be helpful thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Get the standard, just in case it's Ghosts level of terrible. I got burned with the Season Pass for Ghosts (Hardened Edition) as i never even played more than a few weeks online, it was that bad. With AW, i ended up buying the Season Pass once the first DLC came out. For the €10 you might save between getting the hardened edition, or buying the season pass after a while, i don't think it would be worth the risk anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ciaran2000

Tbh I think it's worth getting the season pass now as I've been playing the beta for the past few days and trey arch have blown aw and ghosts out of the water with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

If you're a big fan of COD, just wait a few days after launch for the reviews to come in & if it's all good just get the hardened ed. it's only a few days and it's not as if there'll be any shortage or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dman93

If youre a big fan the hardened. I played the beta on ps4 and it so much better than aw and ghosts, it's like black ops 2 and aw mixed but the movement feels so much better than aw because they have taken out the super high verticality of aw, you cannot go as high in black ops 3 and it just feels right. First cod since black ops 2 where I wasn't done after just a few mins of playing. Plus the new special ability are so fun and feel so good to use and honestly it looks really good from what I played of it, graphics wise. I think making them for new gen and pc then porting to last gen consoles after really shows the maps in the beta looked really good and played and flowed really nicely especially with the swimming mechanic, lots of hidden ways to swim places. I would recommend getting the hardened edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Standard edition to give you enough time to work out whether you want the bonus features. No point wasting money on a game that you might not enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

If you played the beta and you loved it (which I did) and you're going to get the season pass, you might as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AdiDashery

As others have mentioned get the standard version and see if you enjoy it.
    You can always buy the season pass at a later date.

Advertisement