Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ugh, that new trailer really dashed any hopes this would be something great. Seems to have the most generic post-apoc plot there is:

-"Your de best hunter we got Aloy"
    -"Actually, yer not me little one, found ya in a box out back one day"
    -"You have to go find your real family/homeplace"
    -She leaves, encounters Dinobots none have seen before
    -Only humans she meets are either savages that kill everything on site and the group that worships Grimlock & Co. as gods
    -Oh, she was from before the fall of civilization, she is the "CHOSEN ONE"
    -Can either somehow turn off all the bots or make them docile

And only coped she is named Aloy......oh wow we get it, metal joke since she hunts big robots....hurhur.

Calling her Ahoy from now on!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is her name Mary Sue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Here's a preview of the collectors edition, €120:

13403351_1304954089534624_3782475598295186759_o.jpg

Dodgy dialogue aside, I'm tempted to get it, I've never actually bought a collectors edition before.

If they did a cheaper version with just the Art Book I'd probably buy that instead though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Give in 6 months and the likes of Gamestop while be selling the LE cheap to get rid of stock.

Outside of genuine LE editions from small publishers and Nintendo I've not seen a LE that can't be picked up for peanuts down the line.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I got an Assassins Creed Black Flag super duper statue edition for €25 in Gamestop - DURING A STEAM SALE - and it was cheaper than the sale :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I really like that steelbook.

tok9 wrote: »
    I really like that steelbook.

Fortunately there's a Limited Edition with the Steelbook and Art Book on their own:

horizon-zero-dawn-two-column-le-01-ps4-eu-02jun15?$TwoColumn_Image$

There's also a Digital Limited Edition with digital copy of the Art Book.

Here's a developers commentary of the footage shown at this year's e3:

Also Guerilla will be doing a live playthrough of Horizon and Rigs tomorrow at 5pm on Twitch:

http://twitch.tv/guerrilla

No idea if they'll be showing a new location, I wouldn't say so but at least we'll see the game being played live.

Some screenshots of new locations just up:

xR6lgWI.jpg

KJMZGnA.jpg

3ZvLrva.jpg

pfhfgwF.jpg

Stream is now live folks:

http://twitch.tv/guerrilla

• Advertisement

4 new screenshots today:

13247836_1195894880443571_5935357477196211488_o.jpg

13418528_1195894883776904_5611841974609478893_o.jpg

13475206_1195894877110238_373642165773644150_o.jpg

13483231_1195894950443564_2057349584937377244_o.jpg

Also members of Guerrilla got to meet a real life watcher! :D

The Surprising Depth Of Horizon Zero Dawn's New Gameplay (includes video)

www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/09/07/the-surprising-depth-of-horizon-zero-dawns-new-gameplay.aspx

This looks absolutely insane in 4K. Makes me want to buy a PS4 Pro now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I was looking forward to this after the showing at E3 but the footage last night elicted a groan from me with the Assassins Creed tower climbing bit.

Please don't let it turn out to be a tedious open world map-icon chaser :(

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this after the showing at E3 but the footage last night elicted a groan from me with the Assassins Creed tower climbing bit.

Please don't let it turn out to be a tedious open world map-icon chaser :(

They have said for a long time now that you'll have the ability to climb.

I very much doubt it will end up like Assassins Creed, :pac: one game I never got into either.

Nice interview about the development of Horizon Zero Dawn here from Game Informer:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The more I see of the game the more excited I am for it. Not only does it look stunning, but the gameplay looks absolutely terrific too.

Short trailer for PSX 2016 just out:

Looking forward to playing it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement

Well the story and dialogue does nothing to alleviate my worries that they will be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, it looks amazing and I really like the look of the gameplay but the acting and story seem like garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seems like the same acting and bad dialogue from The 100, which grew on me after a while. I'm looking forward to it, even if it has a bad story.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks good too me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would gladly take a story line like something from "Fair City" if the gameplay is anything like the videos I have seen for it.....game is stunning.

I have not been waiting for a game so much since the current GTA

I'm going to keep my hype in check considering I don't think Guerrilla games have made a good game yet.

Yeah deffo, there are studios a hell of alot better then Guerrilla making absolute trash games and marketing them as AAA titles......I really do hope this comes good. But I would be very very hard pushed to by a game on launch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Have to say the latest trailer looks like a step back to me. Nothing new there I suppose. They always show a more accurate version closer to launch. The lip sync animation looks last gen too.

I'll still buy it but it doesn't look like it'll live up to all the hype it's been getting to me anyway.

I think this one is going to come down to how well it plays.

Another big worry is the framerate on a normal PS4. This is probably going to be optimised for PS4 Pro so I'm hoping it's not a disaster like the Last Guardian performance on the base unit.

• Advertisement

Yeah that would be a killer if it did not perform for the standard unit, Sony would want to kop the **** on. Giving the okay for a "PS4 exclusive game" that does not run at the 60fps or whatever the minimum is on the base unit if it is the case. Its a pure kick in the bollocks to all the people who bought the machine. Hopefully its just propaganda hype in an effort to get people to buy an new PS4 Pro unit and it runs fine.

Advertisement