Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

So looks like Smyths is the way to go? Hardly going to be cheaper than that in the next 3 months? or should I wait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Cormac... wrote: »
    Their 8.8 review is doing it's job.

We're talking about it, it's generating clicks.

Well, exactly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Metro Gamecentral gave it 9/10 and gave it high praise in claiming its the best mix of cinematic and action game since Resident Evil 4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So many words for the type of person who gets in any way emotional about a 0.2 in a review score. Hell, there's so many words to describe anybody who gets emotional about a review score in the first place, but 'ignorable' is the one of the kinder ones I tend to gravitate towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can't quantify a review. He wrote a review, and then felt out a number; game was great it get's a 9 but there was a better game that got a 9 so is this a 8.5 and so on.

Best thing to do is go by your gut
    That's where the truth lies, right down here in the gut. Do you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than you have in your head? You can look it up.

Now, I know some of you are going to say, "I did look it up, and that's not true." That's 'cause you looked it up in a book. Next time, look it up in your gut. I did. My gut tells me that's how our nervous system works.

• Advertisement

So many words for the type of person who gets in any way emotional about a 0.2 in a review score. Hell, there's so many words to describe anybody who gets emotional about a review score in the first place, but 'ignorable' is the one of the kinder ones I tend to gravitate towards.

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here, but I hope that isn't aimed at me. I raised the issue of IGNs score but in a completely different context.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I can't imagine why anyone would give two ****es about a review score. Its a person subjective opinion at the end of the day, we are allowed to like different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here, but I hope that isn't aimed at me. I raised the issue of IGNs score but in a completely different context.

I think it's more aimed at the saps flaming the IGN site over their score of a game that none of the commentators are even able to play at the moment.

I think it's more aimed at the saps flaming the IGN site over their score of a game that none of the commentators are even able to play at the moment.

Oh right. My mistake.

Jesus that IGN comments section is gone off the rails. Over 5000 comments on a review!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There is a free mobile game out called Uncharted: Fortune Hunter for ios and android that can unlock multi-player rewards in the game. Looks very similar to hitman go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I tried that app and found it awfully boring, not even worth it to unlock a top hat for sully.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Might try and pick this up in argos.

Might try and pick this up in argos.

Yeah gonna do the same. It's on the UK site for the equivalent of 62.99 euro so would say it will be the same. The digital version for 60 quid is very good for a change but with a 12-15 hour story, I'd say I'll be trading it once done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I can't imagine why anyone would give two ****es about a review score. Its a person subjective opinion at the end of the day, we are allowed to like different things.

I do, at times, it gives a good indication of the quality of a game. What if all the scores were around 40-50, surely it's a turkey and to be avoided. And I'm sure all of the reviewers have different personal tastes. Although I was always getting this regardless, same goes for Doom.

C'mon next week!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah gonna do the same. It's on the UK site for the equivalent of 62.99 euro so would say it will be the same. The digital version for 60 quid is very good for a change but with a 12-15 hour story, I'd say I'll be trading it once done.

Do you just ask behind the counter for it or how does it work?

Do you just ask behind the counter for it or how does it work?

If it's like usual new releases, it will be added to their site early Tuesday morning for reservation. If not I'll still drop in at opening time and ask if they have it. Should hopefully hear more over the weekend.

Ah sure if it goes balls up, I'm sure Gamestop will have plenty of copies for 75 quid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Man.. it really is incredible how people see a score to a game whether it be a 10 or an 8.8 and instantly argue that person is wrong without having played the game at all.

I just saw the general review scores and thought good, I'm probably going to enjoy this.

Also, they even state it's not the final score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Review scores need to go away. They simply do not serve a purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Thoughts on the best place to get it? Seems amazon and zavvi work out as around €55 but I'm tempted to just get the digital for €60 seeing as it'll mean I have it on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭jones

Cina wrote: »
    Thoughts on the best place to get it? Seems amazon and zavvi work out as around €55 but I'm tempted to just get the digital for €60 seeing as it'll mean I have it on release.

Smyths?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

jones wrote: »
    Smyths?

Nah, €64.99 there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cina wrote: »
    Nah, €64.99 there!

Try preordring and adding the code UNCHART10 at checkout to get 10 eur off, not sure if still valid but worked for me earlier in week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭jones

Try preordring and adding the code UNCHART10 at checkout to get 10 eur off, not sure if still valid but worked for me earlier in week.

Exactly! Someone posted it earlier in the thread so I cancelled my amazon order and ordered with smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Like I was saying earlier in the thread, it was priced at €57.99 instore in Smyths which I thought was strange due to online price being different. Might ask tonight when I'm down that way to see what price it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

base.com through Rakuten just shipped mine to Parcelmotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mine shipped from the game collection! Hopefully get it for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

anyone ordered games from smyths online before? any idea when they ship and what kind of packaging they use, thinking about getting the limited edition

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I did this last week :D , however this code is no longer valid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mine shipped from the game collection! Hopefully get it for Sunday.

same here with game collection, and hope Parcel Motel gets it to us before the weekend is over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

£42 on Amazon

Advertisement