Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Satellite Reign - Syndicate Wars "Spiritual Successor"?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

sooooooo anyone left the game running unpaused over night to become a billionaire ?

also i was just screwing around in downtown before i start the army area missions, and you can hack any guard from behind with out alerting the patrole if they are facing away and you can walk around undected with one in any red area on a map ! i had no idea about that oh well should come in handy also upgraded my clones with some decent patrole guy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm about 3 hours in maybe.

Gunfights all the way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Gave this a good go over the weekend, I'm pretty much finished downtown but one more Pass to go (I think for Grid District).

I'm really enjoying it and loving how you can either rob banks directly or Siphon money from them overtime, and also doing the same for ATMs. The music is very reminiscent of Syndicate Wars, I miss hearing the " Move along " that gets played randomly across the area like it did in Syndicate Wars.

However I do find I'm mostly going solo for alot of the missions using the hacker. I gave him the Stealth Generator Mk I and pretty much doing the missions with him only. Using the cloaking and then silently executing guards with silenced pistol, hijacking the drones if they are in the way. I feel like they've made one or two classes too overly important over the others, unless they change that up in the later areas.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    patrole if they are facing away and you can walk around undected with one in any red area on a map ! i had no idea about that oh well should come in handy also upgraded my clones with some decent patrole guy ones.

I thought I found the answer to my woes by hacking a guard and then getting him to disable security terminals (e.g like trying to get into the Armory via disabling 3 terminals), unfortunately when you try using terminals with hacked soldiers they start getting shocked half way through the action and can die. I find they're only useful for getting more clones or as an extra soldier, they don't provide much in the way of a stealth option except for shooting out cameras without getting your guys involved.

• Advertisement

its fun also finding i tend to go in with either the hacker or infiltrator, and leave the rest outside, unless i just run in and shoot **** up but i still have the default guns im low money all the time, can you rob that bank in downtown more than once ?

Im low money all the time, can you rob that bank in downtown more than once ?

Yep you can, I don't know the rate of which the money replenishes but you can definitely re-rob the same banks, I think if you siphon money out of the ATM's the rate of which the money replenishes in the bank is also less. You might have to wait a while to get any decent payouts from it again. Bring the infiltrator's Master Thief skill up when you rob the bank you'll get more money.

I feel like this game is too open ended. There doesn't seem to much variety to the missions unless you make it difficult for yourself.

HOw does respawning work? Does it cost me money every time?

that armory mission was bloody hard, took so many attempts ended up going in with silencer equipped machine guns hijacked a guard to open the doors so i could just run and gun my way through and then legged it out.

• Advertisement

HOw does respawning work? Does it cost me money every time?

Yeah I think it costs you money everytime. I think Lone Stone said earlier in the thread that your clone also starts to degrade stats like health/energy etc. It's way you should hijack a few citizens/guards and send them for cloning to have a better batch just in case.
    that armory mission was bloody hard, took so many attempts ended up going in with silencer equipped machine guns hijacked a guard to open the doors so i could just run and gun my way through and then legged it out.

I solo'd Armory with hacker & silenced pistol. Gave him the MkI Stealth Generator and was doable, but requires a ton of patience. Slipping up the slightest in this game while doing stealth can undo a whole bunch of work! Took me a good few tries.

I don't have a stealth generator and I've done all the missions in downtown, have to get back into thst poxy armory for a pass to a new district ughh

I don't have a stealth generator and I've done all the missions in downtown, have to get back into thst poxy armory for a pass to a new district ughh

Hmm you definitely should have gotten it from one of the buildings. It may have been the storage and docking area in the same compound as the Armory. Maybe the game randomises the prototypes you get per game? Or I've noticed that if you purchase information in regards the missions, they sometimes tell you which Agent to use when entering the building. I think you get more/better rewards if you use the right agent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So what's the consensus here? I'd honestly forgotten about this game after the initial giddy excitement over a 'proper' new Syndicate game. After all the hubbub, is Satellite Reign any good, whether or not you take its heritage into account?

pixelburp wrote: »
    So what's the consensus here? I'd honestly forgotten about this game after the initial giddy excitement over a 'proper' new Syndicate game. After all the hubbub, is Satellite Reign any good, whether or not you take its heritage into account?

It's interesting enough. I love the sci-fi setting with upgradeable cyborgs. I don't like the open nature of the game. I would have preferred linear missions on completely new maps (that's my general opinion on sandbox games though). The missions seem somewhat repetitive. You have so much choice yet I end up doing same approach every time. Getting caught while trying to do a mission stealthily doesn't matter, you can just kill everyone nearby and hide for a while. I am not engaged by the plot so far after finishing the first "zone". The music is grating on me to be honest. Some aspects of the gameplay aren't fully explained, which is okay, I don't like for my hand to held.

Its a bit of fun but I am not blown away by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

If you die on a mission is it better just to reload a save file or ressurect? i see that it doesn't cost you anything but heard you lose some items, like fancy weapons

KilOit wrote: »
    If you die on a mission is it better just to reload a save file or ressurect? i see that it doesn't cost you anything but heard you lose some items, like fancy weapons

This is something that wasn't explained properly or passed me by. I still am not sure. Nor am I sure what the red spawn counter means. I know you lose whatever prototype you were carrying.

Ah right so each part of the city has the same objectives to to slow down cctv and guard back up etc, and everything else is like story missions you can try do which ever way you like, you get different story info when you go to a new part of the city, but i thought i would have gotten some story dialog or some thing when i finished everything in downtown, in the industrial estate area now its fairly big.

New update is out that includes Iron man mode!

There's also a new ultra damage mode where you give and receive tons more damage. And also a new Slow down time ability.

1.03v changelog:

Bug Fixes
    • Various navigation improvements
    • Various mission fixes including VIP respawning
    • Various fixes to buggy vehicles and traffic
    • Fixes for ziplines dropping agents out of the world
    • Fixes for looping sounds persisting after game loads, fixed various sounds not being affected by volume controls and sounds which should be localized but were infinite.
    • Fixes for billboards not breaking correctly
    • Various other minor fixes

Additions
    • Iron Man Mode
    • Ultra Damage Mode
    • Slow Down Time Ability Unlocked
    • Added achievements for hacking data terminals and ATMs
    • Added option to invert mouse panning, panning speed also decreases when zoomed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone else turn this off and just.... not feel like turning it back on? :o

• Advertisement

I haven't played it in a while as I've been stuck on the Witcher 3 for a good while now (amongst other games). Definitely going to get back to it once the backlog clears a little.

yea i did like 3 areas of the city and just felt like i was repeating myself and not even getting any story info or seeing any change in the world after apparently taking down big corp gangs or what ever the feck they are, just felt a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Near the end of it now, i'm enjoying it but its very repetitive and once you got your infiltrator geared there's no need to use another character.

It's looks and sounds like syndicate but feels nothing like it if that makes sense. The story is pants, i still remember aspects of the story of the original it was that good.

If they make another sequel i think they should cut out the open world and make each level

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Finished it just now; great little game. Personally I found the infiltrator the one I used the least for killing (but scouted around to hack terminals etc.) but used the full team to have general massacres. I agree it got a big repetitive in what to do etc. but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit. The ending stage was annoying until you figured out a decent set up and I simply steamrolled it.

Advertisement