Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is the new breaking bad

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Cant recommend "Deadwood" enough.
    Fantastic writing, acting, sets, story-lines, etc etc. Its got everything.
    They only ever made 3 seasons of it...but 3 seasons of pure quality.

Writing and acting, I agree is superb, but the sets were very cheap looking, and it could have done with the odd outdoor episode.

Still quality though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

I love deadwood. listen to the 'cornish' miners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ormus wrote: »
    Writing and acting, I agree is superb, but the sets were very cheap looking, and it could have done with the odd outdoor episode.

Still quality though.

Ahh i though the sets were brilliant. Really felt it re-created how sh*t it must have been to live in a mining town like that. Mud and squalor everywhere. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

Saw a good program on netflix called Community (not the new breaking bad by any means) Chevy Chase is in it. sort of a sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

Im watching Entourage at the moment and altho its nothing like breaking bad its the first time both myself and the wife are properly hooked on the same show.
    The characters are fantastic and most episodes have a real laugh out loud moment. Ari Gold the agent is one of my favourite characters from any show ive watched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Daredevil

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Sorry but I was very disappointed with Entourage. Can't figure out what the fuss is about. The characters are odious and didn't think there was much of a plot either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Sorry but I was very disappointed with Entourage. Can't figure out what the fuss is about. The characters are odious and didn't think there was much of a plot either
    The plots are very hit and miss alright but the way some of the characters bounced off each other is very well done. Drama and Turtle in the first 4/5 seasone were pure gold when together. E, Aris wife and Lloyd were all pretty dull but when in a scene with Ari winding them up it was pure Gold if you pardon the pun.
    Jeremy Piven won loads of awards as did Kevin Dillon. I dunno how they had Piven as supporting actor tho as he was the main man for anyone i spoke to about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

THE LEFTOVERS THE LEFTOVERS THE LEFTOVERS THE LEFTOVERS

Seriously, THE LEFTOVERS!

Best television show I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen a lot of tv in my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

London Spy
    The Americans
    Homeland
    Fargo
    The Last Panthers
    Narcos

Lots of quality TV around at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ahh i though the sets were brilliant. Really felt it re-created how sh*t it must have been to live in a mining town like that. Mud and squalor everywhere. :)

Agreed. I don't know how one could think it was cheap, given the effort they made to make it look/feel authentic and gritty/dirty.

Mind you, it was out well before Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sporter1

Fargo, Mr Robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I'd go with Fargo as the new Breaking Bad but lots of good shows around.

I have only seen the first series of Fargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Elmo wrote: »
    I'd go with Fargo as the new Breaking Bad but lots of good shows around.

I have only seen the first series of Fargo.

Second season is turning out to be excellent too, after a slowish start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Fargo - in particular series 2 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Not sure if anyone mentioned Longmire or Justified, probably not as good but certainly worth a look.

Advertisement