Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

kn wrote: »
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/prime-tralee-town-centre-site-bought-by-multi-national-supermarket-chain/

I am assuming this is Lidl. M&S could hardly be described as multi-national.

Lidl were touted.. I knew it had been bought.. Whoever did buy paid well over the reserve anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

oeb wrote: »
    It's even better than that. I read in the news that he had been wearing a balaclava, so I was curious as to how he was identified so quickly. I asked a staff member.

She said he was not wearing a balaclava, he tried to conceal his identity by wearing a pair of boxer shorts on his head covering his face. His face was so visible through the leg hole that he was easily identified.

Our criminal of the year was also using a pair of socks as gloves.

Please tell me that either of the paper's have a photo of him! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Please tell me that either of the paper's have a photo of him! :)

Facebook might be your friend there?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/prime-tralee-town-centre-site-bought-by-multi-national-supermarket-chain/

I am assuming this is Lidl. M&S could hardly be described as multi-national.

I know Lidl were sniffing around this a while back so I'd be fairly certain it is them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Quackster wrote: »
    I know Lidl were sniffing around this a while back so I'd be fairly certain it is them.

It is Lidl, REA North's have confirmed it. Personally I think 1 Lidl and 1 Aldi is enough for the town, can't see the need for them both to have 2 stores! I don't like either shop, rarely go to them. Then there's Iceland on the way! Can you imagine the traffic in that whole area??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    It is Lidl, REA North's have confirmed it. Personally I think 1 Lidl and 1 Aldi is enough for the town, can't see the need for them both to have 2 stores! I don't like either shop, rarely go to them. Then there's Iceland on the way! Can you imagine the traffic in that whole area??

It's just one trying to get the jump on the other all the time!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It's just one trying to get the jump on the other all the time!

yeah, that's what I was thinking earlier. Did Aldi & Dunnes object at any point I wonder?

can someone recommend a good plumber in Tralee area?

Basically, we fitted a new kitchen tap a few months ago, and when removing the old one (which was sort of falling apart!), we found that there was a bit of the marble cut out, presumably it had been cut out too far forward, and the Belfast sink sat directly beneath it, so they seemed to have cut the hole further back, but managed to stick back in the old bit of marble & the base of the tap was a bit wider than the new one which we bought, so now we have a little problem of where there is now a hole to the front of the tap, and the washer won't connect properly to keep it from moving, so you can turn the tap from the base, when it should be very firm and not able to move. The man who installed it, didn't have any idea how to solve the issue, so we are now left with the hole and a loose fitting tap! We really need to find someone who can come up with a solution!

I am not using this other 'plumber' again as he really didn't seem to want to know. We bought the house with the previous fittings in it, so didn't know about this issue!
    Sorry its a bit off-topic, but if anyone knows someone who could help, I'd really appreciate it!! PM if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/christopher-doona-plumbing-and-heating-faha

Used this guy for various bits and pieces. Really knows his stuff, he is not based in Tralee though.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

When I was a little lad, we used to get our coleslaw in Mannix's Centra at Clash Cross - for us it was the nicest one in town, made my someone in Ballymac I believe, over the years it changed but I do like my coleslaw, so:

Where is the nicest Coleslaw in town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

bobdcow wrote: »
    When I was a little lad, we used to get our coleslaw in Mannix's Centra at Clash Cross - for us it was the nicest one in town, made my someone in Ballymac I believe, over the years it changed but I do like my coleslaw, so:

Where is the nicest Coleslaw in town?

Con Leen Salads is the guy your talking about ............ YUM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

can someone recommend a good plumber in Tralee area?

Basically, we fitted a new kitchen tap a few months ago, and when removing the old one (which was sort of falling apart!), we found that there was a bit of the marble cut out, presumably it had been cut out too far forward, and the Belfast sink sat directly beneath it, so they seemed to have cut the hole further back, but managed to stick back in the old bit of marble & the base of the tap was a bit wider than the new one which we bought, so now we have a little problem of where there is now a hole to the front of the tap, and the washer won't connect properly to keep it from moving, so you can turn the tap from the base, when it should be very firm and not able to move. The man who installed it, didn't have any idea how to solve the issue, so we are now left with the hole and a loose fitting tap! We really need to find someone who can come up with a solution!

I am not using this other 'plumber' again as he really didn't seem to want to know. We bought the house with the previous fittings in it, so didn't know about this issue!
    Sorry its a bit off-topic, but if anyone knows someone who could help, I'd really appreciate it!! PM if you want.

You need to get two "washers" specially made. The new wider washer will sit between the bottom of the tap and the hole on top of the sink.

But the new washer will be wide enough to cover the width of the hole. And then you'll be able to tighten up your tap properly!

You'll need to do the same to the other tap aswell, so they both look the same!

Clab mor wrote: »
    Con Leen Salads is the guy your talking about ............ YUM

He was indeed for lot of the time... Ex employee here ;)

You need to get two "washers" specially made. The new wider washer will sit between the bottom of the tap and the hole on top of the sink.

But the new washer will be wide enough to cover the width of the hole. And then you'll be able to tighten up your tap properly!

You'll need to do the same to the other tap aswell, so they both look the same!

now to find someone who can do such a thing!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Come on Michael !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The guy I mentioned will drive out, only problem is that he could charge a call out fee. Worth a shot anyway.

Anyone hear bout the alleged sex pest picked up in the 'wild place' this morning??

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Anyone hear bout the alleged sex pest picked up in the 'wild place' this morning??

Could you be anymore cryptic? Are you talking about the Pakastani lad there was an alert about?

what's the wild place?

what's the wild place?

It's "where the wild things are" of course!

• Advertisement

kn wrote:
    Could you be anymore cryptic? Are you talking about the Pakastani lad there was an alert about?

I could have just come all out with it, so for fear of backlash I decided twas better to keep some bit cryptic... Comprende?

Could have been. Dunno yet...
    This morning it's clear, it wasn't him..

Tralee is continuing to do well on keeping the town litter free! Ranked 3rd litter free towns in Ireland in a survey carried out by the Irish Business Against Litter Group (IBAL)! Well done to everyone who helps to keep the town clean and especially the volunteers!

http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-in-top-three-most-litter-free-towns-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

I could have just come all out with it, so for fear of backlash I decided twas better to keep some bit cryptic... Comprende?

What backlash would there be? It's not like it's racist to say some Paki rapist got picked up. Just come out with it already.

Eh, no. Just stating the facts are in no way racist. And how is Dublin Airport 'the wild place'? I certainly would not have made the link.

The individual picked up in Dublin Airport lastnight was not the person I was referring to.

I heard a rumour and I and didn't have any
    facts, hence my initial post.

Cmon folks... A quick browser search tool will inform you of the 'wild place'...

Cmon folks... A quick browser search tool will inform you of the 'wild place'...

If you mean a certain pub with a reputation in the centre of town then I know the place - but its pure guesswork on my part that is the place your referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is "the wild place" across the road from a pub with the same name as well known fictional pub?

• Advertisement

Is "the wild place" across the road from a pub with the same name as well known fictional pub?

Wild place = Fenit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement