Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think the Gremlins got into the Boards.ie servers and have been having the craic for the last 24 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

ForeRight wrote: »
    If he goes he goes. I'd like to see him show what he is capable off as last year he was gutless and spineless but I know he's world class. More than likely if he wants out of England he will be shocking again but I'd take the chance and see how he goes.
    Be great to get Cavani as part of the transfer.

Utd will challenge for trophies next season.

I think we can draw a line through that again until next year!!!

A few to many sweets and fizzy drinks for me means one less tooth in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Just back from dentist me self. Cracked up in waiting room when that song can't feel my face when I am with you" came on and me having enough annistetic to knock a horse out.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Seve OB wrote: »
    A few to many sweets and fizzy drinks for me means one less tooth in my head!

While this could be read as a cautionary tale, as soon as I read it I noticed the drinks machine a couple of yards from my desk and ended up getting a Coke, have sat at this desk for 18 months and had not given in until you put it into my head

• Advertisement

Anyone looking for transfer deadline day updates on the QT in work.

http://www.transferdeadlinedaydisguise.com/

Some people have way to much time on there hands.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for transfer deadline day updates on the QT in work.

http://www.transferdeadlinedaydisguise.com/

Some people have way to much time on there hands.

thats class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

All-Ireland Sunday, I feel today is going to be galways day, after the character they showed against Tipperary and their response to callanan's goals I think they are a different more focused more clinical team than any Galway team before. First All-Ireland I've missed in last 8 years, very jealous of all the people up in croker today while I'm here just finishing my lunch at work!! Hoping for a quiet afternoon and I'longer to throw the eye on the tv a few time during the next few hours!! Hon Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

shaunac93 wrote: »
    All-Ireland Sunday, I feel today is going to be galways day, after the character they showed against Tipperary and their response to callanan's goals I think they are a different more focused more clinical team than any Galway team before. First All-Ireland I've missed in last 8 years, very jealous of all the people up in croker today while I'm here just finishing my lunch at work!! Hoping for a quiet afternoon and I'longer to throw the eye on the tv a few time during the next few hours!! Hon Galway

Pity Galway forgot about having to play in the second half

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Jaysus, watching the Irish football team is not good for my health

• Advertisement

Anyone going to U2?

Got myself 2 of the cheap seats for Friday night in the Point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

Seve OB wrote: »
    Anyone going to U2?

Got myself 2 of the cheap seats for Friday night in the Point :D

Hoping too. how you manage that? There not on sale till Monday!

Like the way you don't get a ticket but you have to swipe your credit card in which you bought the tickets at the door and limited to 2 tickets per person or card.

Seemly to stop the Touts good idea if it works :D

benny79 wrote: »
    Hoping too. how you manage that? There not on sale till Monday!

Like the way you don't get a ticket but you have to swipe your credit card in which you bought the tickets at the door and limited to 2 tickets per person or card.

Seemly to stop the Touts good idea if it works :D

Pre sale

Ticketless is for standing only. Tickets given for all seats

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Well - strange plan by u2

- I know this is an event to pear it back.

But U2 dublin 02 - was never going to work.

NO tickets.

Must of selling out quick no joy myself although I did forget and tried at half 9. Sick ! Thats what I get for been hung over!

Well - strange plan by u2

- I know this is an event to pear it back.

But U2 dublin 02 - was never going to work.

NO tickets.

Got two sitting for the Friday night last Thursday in the Pre-Sale. €77.60
    Got 2 standing for Saturday night this morning (actually could have gotten 4 as I was trying in two different browsers!) €155.10

Is it sold out now.
    Was told is ?

Is it sold out now.
    Was told is ?

looks like it

Sold out in a couple of Min's!

Apparently they reckon they might do a few extra gigs on the Weds & Thurs as the venue is free so maybe :D weekday is no good for me though unfortunately

Maybe ......... Captains Prize winner gets a ticket, a night out with the Captain :D

• Advertisement

Now that be some prize! ;)

That was an easy AI win.

I think they are going to win "5 in a row now"

Apparently McCaffery was sick all week - what a performance. Speed of him with ball - unreal .

You know what .

The Irish are class.

That was an easy AI win.

I think they are going to win "5 in a row now"

Apparently McCaffery was sick all week - what a performance. Speed of him with ball - unreal .

Great control of the game from the Dubs.

I couldn't see 5 all Ireland's passing without Kerry winning at least 1.
    They were talking about "5 in a row" in 2011 and they haven't even won 2 in a row yet. Wishful thinking id say.

Great game from McCaffrey in fairness. Bernard Brogan was immense again. Id have him to pip McCaffrey for footballer of the year.

Philly McMahon left himself down in a big way. Had great respect for him before yesterday. Absolute scumbag stuff of the highest order. Hopefully a decent ban is imposed. (but wishful thinking and the GAA will most likely turn their backs to it)

Was only joking about 5 in a row in reference to last 5 in a row talk that fell flat on face.

The good thing was how low key celebrations were.

A good sign.

Now in the gaa pubs and areas. Lads still drinking.

Basically they were 4 days at it.

Trad bands at lunchtime stuff.

So low key on day, nationally etc . But big in local GAA areas. In fairness , they can party well the dubs.

Up the Dubs!!! :D

@ Kiers haters going to hate...

Up the Dubs!!! :D

@ Kiers haters going to hate...

Hardly hating.. haha. Everything i said was pretty accurate.

I stand by what i said about Philly McMahon. Scum!

I also congratulated the Dubs was a great performance. Great year!

Yea but my point his its always the Dublin players that are called scum never the Country Folk ;) And he gave a good statement after saying out of all the challenges its funny how his is picked up! Same as Connolly's against Mayo.

It wasn't intentional even the panel agreed & the Kerry players for that matter.

Yea but my point his its always the Dublin players that are called scum never the Country Folk ;) And he gave a good statement after saying out of all the challenges its funny how his is picked up! Same as Connolly's against Mayo.

It wasn't intentional even the panel agreed & the Kerry players for that matter.

The Panel avoided the question because of the day that was in it. It was ignored. Donnaghy accepted the apology as he couldnt care less after losing and tbh you'd respect him for that.

But come on pulling a lad off a ball by the eye socket is not accidental and if you truly believe it is then we have a very different outlook on the game. Foul play is unacceptable at any level and any team including the "country folk".

"The gougers" in the big city seem to think the rest of the country is against them all i want to see is a nice fair game.

The Argentina Lock got a 9 week ban for less the other day and rightly so.
    http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/galarza-banned-from-world-cup-after-eye-gouging-retallick-2015092406#axzz3ml52gFrs

Anyway dont have much more to say than that.
    Well done to the Dubs. The best team by far won and won well!

• Advertisement

We leave it at that so. As it only open a can of worms.But I think the weather had alot to do with it and all the bad challenges imo. Slipping, not been able to see, balance etc.. On both teams by the way ;)

Advertisement