Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica/8337835

This is also a contender for Dreamer of the year too.
    This ad.....doesn't mention anything of significance. Is it a 190 or 140? Mileage? Amount of owners?

Whoever buys this car deserves it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That whole kit on that celica (bar the headlights) is toyotas factory trd body kit for japanese models. Personally i wouldn't be a huge fan but it wouldn't be half as bad if it was all the one colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

That whole kit on that celica (bar the headlights) is toyotas factory trd body kit for japanese models. Personally i wouldn't be a huge fan but it wouldn't be half as bad if it was all the one colour.

I cannot believe Toyota would put their stamp on something that made the car look so bad! (not saying I don't believe you just shocked!)

As you say, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it were all silver or all black

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Including the bonnet scoop(s)?!

The spoiler doesn't look too bad, but those side skirts...

Yeah even the bonnet scoop and weird bonnet spoiler thing are both toyota items, believe it or not.

The kit kind of ruins a car that was born with really nice lines to begin with imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The colour makes a huge difference.

featured_trd_celica.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Looks really aggressive and racey in all that colour!
    I'm a fan of the trd kits for it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

No it still looks like a background car in the fast and the furious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

CianRyan wrote: »
    The colour makes a huge difference.

featured_trd_celica.jpg

Let's not forget the choice of alloys. The alloys on the car in the car are absolute mank.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Let's not forget the choice of alloys. The alloys on the car in the car are absolute mank.

100%
    They look like some kind of DOTZ and Wolf Face love child, not a pretty one either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Quazzie wrote: »

And the cheaply tinted tacky silver side windows dont help matters either. Are them wheel arch surounds that dont go the full way around really stock Toyota items as I'm really doubful. Ditto re the sideskirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Are them wheel arch surounds that dont go the full way around really stock Toyota items as I'm really doubful. Ditto re the sideskirts.

Yes trd genuine kits.
    Can't quite see if its painted or vinyl wrapped etc. but some tacky.Muppet has ruined it with all the black patches that were only ever intended to be coloured the same as the rest of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Even that red one up there looks too busy to me, those Celica's looked great straight out of the box. A little bit of magic here and there can make them look great though.

EDIT
    Here's a couple of pics of my old Celica 190, I wish I'd never sold it!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/84994099

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Even that red one up there looks too busy to me, those Celica's looked great straight out of the box. A little bit of magic here and there can make them look great though.

EDIT
    Here's a couple of pics of my old Celica 190, I wish I'd never sold it!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/84994099

Edit again.
    Damn link won't work! There are pics on my second ever post here on boards. I don't know how to post them though, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

trd its more like TURD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Its not the worst (though not for lack of trying..) but the "hood spoilers" would have to go. They confuse me a little..

And the cheaply tinted tacky silver side windows dont help matters either. Are them wheel arch surounds that dont go the full way around really stock Toyota items as I'm really doubful. Ditto re the sideskirts.

google 'celica trd overfenders', they are a toyota item. Japanese quirky weirdness, they love stick on car stuff.

google 'celica trd overfenders', they are a toyota item. Japanese quirky weirdness, they love stick on car stuff.

Here's the same car, same kit, fully silver. Much less offensive in fairness http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/8794553

I think the Celica 190 is the new bargain.

And i am ahead of trend for once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

:pac:

I sold one in showroom condition for €3300 4 years ago!

Stupid me!

She was back up for sale not long ago for €2400 i think.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-passat-estate-highline/8708738

i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you do have to wonder sometimes, who could fit this kit and genuinely think it looks better than before. the car actually looks very well maintained.

i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you do have to wonder sometimes, who could fit this kit and genuinely think it looks better than before. the car actually looks very well maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Poor thing looks like it's melting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Might be a cow catcher! :rolleyes:

38078222.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I don't mind kits bit this stuff should be illegal. What is people's obsession with gaudy massive fake audi grilles on golf and passats!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

for the mhasssive intercooler shur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

obviously couldnt afford an audi A4/A6 and put this GUNK to make one hell of a SH1TEBOX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It does look like a good car. Fookin ugly,but good. He must think the grill and front bumper will sell the car for him:eek:. No pics of anything else except the horrid grill:confused:. Thank god he doesn't want any time wasters. Prob because he has problems mixing with his own kind !

Advertisement