Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI Grant application

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

lertsnim wrote: »
    They told me nothing except I have been awarded the full award rate and I will be receiving a breakdown of this in the post. I have been waiting almost three weeks since they first mentioned this letter. I've not even had the previous months back dated.

So they told you are getting the full rate. Thats not nothing!

So your total grant is either

Full Maintenance €3,025 €1,215

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

lertsnim wrote: »
    I want a full breakdown on what that weekly payment is and the previous months back dated. That's why I'm battling with them

Look at the award letter you received and divide the maintenance amount by 9.
    This will be your monthly payment.

You may have qualified for 100% fees/contribution (paid directly to the college and not you) but only part maintenance, thus the small amounts.
    For Example : 25% maintenance is only €305 / 9 = €33.89 at the adjacent rate.

All this information is available on the award letter.

If you were awarded recently, back payments are made and sometimes paid at different intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

hey , it now says "awarded" on the online tracker , dose anybody know where i can finf out how much i have be awarded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

hey , it now says "awarded" on the online tracker , dose anybody know where i can finf out how much i have be awarded

You will get a letter in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

You get fees covered for this year, does that mean for next year you don't have to prove independent residency from before entering degree because it's already on file?

ronano wrote: »
    You get fees covered for this year, does that mean for next year you don't have to prove independent residency from before entering degree because it's already on file?

It means you've have been classed at your point of entry and you cannot change class until you take a break of 3 years from your studies.
    However, if you have been incorrectly classed at your point of entry or re-entry due to an error or insufficient documents overlooked, then further evidence maybe required in future applications.
    SUSI can request this at at stage of an application or a post award review.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whats the calculation done to determine the rate of grant awarded? A family member was awarded Student Contribution + €405(3x135 payments). Letter stated it was at an allocation of 3/9s, which suggests the means test put them in the €1,215 band, but why was that reduced to 1/3 of the sum?

ED E wrote: »
    Whats the calculation done to determine the rate of grant awarded? A family member was awarded Student Contribution + €405(3x135 payments). Letter stated it was at an allocation of 3/9s, which suggests the means test put them in the €1,215 band, but why was that reduced to 1/3 of the sum?

AN equivalent period of study. They may have already done 6 months of their current course at the same PLC/Undergrauate level previously.
    They would be best to contact SUSI for a review if the do not think a period of study applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hmm, think SUSI have made an arse of it so. Will pass on your advice. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I got a letter last week approving my grant, after wjat seemed like endless back and forth with SUSI. The thing is, I am a bit confused as to what type of grant I have received.. Maybe someone here can understand the jargon in my letter.

"You have been awarded the follow grant amount calculated on the basis of a nine month academic year:
    Undergraduate fees Student Contribution of 2750 or Tuition fees re[rresenting the full amount of the rate of grant awarded above and payable to your college."

I gather my student contribution is being paid for but am I getting maintenance? Thanks for any help.

buyer95 wrote: »
    I got a letter last week approving my grant, after wjat seemed like endless back and forth with SUSI. The thing is, I am a bit confused as to what type of grant I have received.. Maybe someone here can understand the jargon in my letter.

"You have been awarded the follow grant amount calculated on the basis of a nine month academic year:
    Undergraduate fees Student Contribution of 2750 or Tuition fees re[rresenting the full amount of the rate of grant awarded above and payable to your college."

I gather my student contribution is being paid for but am I getting maintenance? Thanks for any help.

It doesnt seem so

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Byrnesy919

Hi, I was informed by a relative that you may be able to receive a separate grant for accommodation prepossess and that you have to visit your colleges student services office in order to get get the forms. Is this true, can I receive a accommodation grant if everything is in order?
    Thanks.

Byrnesy919 wrote: »
    Hi, I was informed by a relative that you may be able to receive a separate grant for accommodation prepossess and that you have to visit your colleges student services office in order to get get the forms. Is this true, can I receive a accommodation grant if everything is in order?
    Thanks.

There isnt a separate accomodation grant that Im aware of. Perhaps your relative is referring to the student assistance fund.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement