Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Estate Agents - stressing me out!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

I can't go into specifics, but I encountered some very dodgy dealings with an apartment Castle Estates were selling a few months ago. I would steer clear of any property they are involved with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

If you are dealing with the stillorgan office beware absolute cowboys. Tried to bully Mrs Luzon on more than one occasion to increase our offer on a place. Sale fell though in the end but the bull they came out with was a joke.

Agreed . Had dealings with the Stillorgan office recently. Horrendous experience. Agent never even bothered phoning us back even though we bid the asking price and viewed the property 3 times. Very unprofessional crowd. Told us a lot of personal information about sellers circumstances. Turns out we knew the sellers through a friend of a friend. Our offers had never been passed on to them and they weren't one bit happy to hear the agent had been disclosing personal information about them

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marie rosanna

tricky D wrote: »
    In this day of mobile phones, off playing golf or bowls is a bit less than credible. Viewing with another couple, is that normal? I'd be thinking of putting in the original lower offer.

That's what I would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Penalty

When we were looking I viewed a house with castle that had been up for a while but the price was reduced dramatically.

We viewed and were seriously interested and told the agent we would look again in a few days.

2 days later it was sale agreed.

It then appeared on the register as sold at 25% less than the new asking price which we would have been prepared to go beyond.

Strange does no come close to describing this.

We also know of someone else in the same boat who was putting an offer in and couldn't find anyone to take it before it went sale agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

On the other side of this a lot of sellers, myself included, are holding out in the possibly misguided belief that prices are going to rise. This couple don't sound like they're pushed to sell. There are also people being forced by their lenders to put their house on the market. I'd watch estates agents like a hawk myself but I do think naming them in an initial post is unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Penalty wrote: »
    When we were looking I viewed a house with castle that had been up for a while but the price was reduced dramatically.

We viewed and were seriously interested and told the agent we would look again in a few days.

2 days later it was sale agreed.

It then appeared on the register as sold at 25% less than the new asking price which we would have been prepared to go beyond.

Strange does no come close to describing this.

We also know of someone else in the same boat who was putting an offer in and couldn't find anyone to take it before it went sale agreed.

There are also people who are offering a cash lump sum, say 50k, and the remainder is what is registered in PPr. Don't mean to be defending estate agents but there is a lot going on out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eileenf99

Anyone care to PM me of the dodgy dealings they have with this crowd? I have some issues on a property we were bidding on recently with some very questionable practices...

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Folks if you consider the estate agents to be acting in an unethical manner lodge a complaint with the regulator. You cannot come on here and make libellous statements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement