Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    I cant help but think that Riot really ****ed the jungle up so much now, they keep talking about versatility but now it has had the opposite effect.

If you gave me a euro for every year a few million Internet Game Balance Professionals said this i'd have about 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Thing is Warwick has always been able to do that, as could Fiddle. The reason they are stronger now is because other jungler's can't clear the way they could before. If they weaken the jungle camps and more junglers could clear without having to back after the 3rd-4th camp then Warwick and Fiddle will be "weaker"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I would have thought it's offset by taking them longer to clear no?

I know fid takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

The point Im making is that there was more balance before the changes, you had more choice in what jungler you could realistically pick. Now you have a situation where one jungler (Warwick) has a 58% win rate in solo-queue. So the jungle is empirically ****ed.

I'm also not sure exactly what was dramatic about my post... Riot have failed with their changes and in a very grand way - this is the preseason and it wont have a significant effect as stated, but it is still is a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

The point Im making is that there was more balance before the changes, you had more choice in what jungler you could realistically pick. Now you have a situation where one jungler (Warwick) has a 58% win rate in solo-queue. So the jungle is empirically ****ed.

I'm also not sure exactly what was dramatic about my post... Riot have failed with their changes and in a very grand way - this is the preseason and it wont have a significant effect as stated, but it is still is a failure.

Is this your first LoL pre-season? Try to treat it as essentially a live beta.
    They have written a lot of good blog posts about their reasoning behind the changes so I would suggest reading them.
    Nothing has failed. They have created a new starting point from which they have more levers to pull when it comes to balance. Yes, one champ is significantly stronger than before but they will address that. The effect has been exaggerated because the jungle is a much tougher place for those junglers that have no way to sustain or mitigate damage (Fiddle, Xin, Panth and Udyr are all also doing very well for themselves currently).

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I've only seen my mate play so far but I like the changes. the jungle needed to be tougher. I'd like if they went in a direction which stopped the boring 1-1-1-2 lineups though, LoL is still to rigid when it comes to how it plays out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What's the optimal path through the jungle now and which smite buff is best to be used when clearing ?
    Are people doing Gromp or the Krugs early....to get the poison / stun buff ?

Am I correct in assuming you can only have 1 of these smite buffs active at a time ? (not had a real chance to play yet)

Supposedly it is start krugs, smite for stun, then red, skip raptors, do wolves and then blue with smite.

Krugs or Gromp start with a smite skipping the large camp. Depends on the champ and side your playing on. If i was red side i wouldn't want my top laner helping me with Krugs and going late to lane and being at an XP disadvantage. I would start Gromp in that case and get the leash from my bot lane. If i was playing Warwick or Fiddle i would just start on blue since as mentioned above, they can do that and sustain well thus the reason they are strong at the moment.

On a champ that can't sustain pathing would be...

Krugs(S) > Raptors > Red(S)
    Gromp(S) > Wolves > Red(S)

Smite enemy wolves
    Smite your own raptors

Unless i am on a mana hungry champ I put less emphasis on blue since all camps give the same XP. Plus after a 3-4 camp start plus a gank or two your gonna be backing anyway, then you can take your blue i suppose, or donate it

Raptors seem to do the most damage early game compared to others, well that's what I've found anyways since playing last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

You sound like someone that has just started playing LoL last week. Its always like this when there are radical changes, in all online games, with time and some adjustments it will slowly become more balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I don't understand how anyone can say they failed really, it's the preseason and if everything stayed the same the game would be so stale and boring, I for one am delighted they changed it as I actually find myself wanting to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

n1ck wrote: »
    I don't understand how anyone can say they failed really, it's the preseason and if everything stayed the same the game would be so stale and boring, I for one am delighted they changed it as I actually find myself wanting to play it again.

i completely agree, there will still be big changes in the future, they are already looking at changing how smite works, and the different buff from the large monsters. So give it time, to be honest i think it is a lot more interesting now.

People can optimize their play styles, counter jungle, defensive jung etc. what i don't want to see happening is one style of jungling come out on top. as we will see limited champs in the role, and a lot less diversity. So lets hope this doesn't happen, and what they set out to do is actually pulled off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CrillyRules

come on unite!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone watching IEM ? UOL are unreal.

Just like M5 were back in the day.

Very strange seeing Bjergsen getting rekt. Although I suppose in fairness they did a very good job in pick and bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Second pre-season patch and it's pretty big: 4.21

Includes Warwick nerfs and devourer nerfs ;)

Sej buffs :D:D:D:D:D:D

Starting a normal draft game with her now. The dream

Blood....Moon....Thresh.....want...so bad !

But I only got his Championship skin recently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Sej buffs :D:D:D:D:D:D

Starting a normal draft game with her now. The dream

Any better at clearing the jungle? I wasnt sure those changes were buffs to be honest... I would need to do the math. I think it is a buff to tank Sej and a nerf to AP Sej.

I really like Sej but her clear in the old jungle was atrocious and she was so easily counter jungled early game that she wasnt worth the risk. With the jungle being even harder to clear now I would have thought that she would still really struggle even with a buff. If you figure it out let me know what runes/masteries and what you max first, items etc because I'd love to start playing her again!

• Advertisement

I didn't try her in the new jungle till after she was buffed but she clears decent. With Smite on first camp its just about to come off cooldown at the third. Feels like her W is doing more damage now, and it also counts as an auto attack for proc'ing the Krug stun faster. In truth most junglers that don't have sustain or a shielding effect "struggle" in the jungle at the moment, or atleast on their first clear. Her mana sustain before buffs i felt was really bad but its so much better now. Her base mana was increased by close to 90% and i think machete or the upgrade to it give's mp5 while in combat with creeps. I donated every blue buff in both games i played.

On both games I ran
    AS Quints
    AS Reds
    Armour Yellows
    Scaling MR Blues

Only because of my rune pages it was the best set up i could pick from for both games. Could make a case for Movespeed quints as once you land her Q its very hard to shake Sejuani off. Would stick with AS reds because the Krug buff is just so good for jungle survival.

Mid tier jungler imo.

Actually as i look at my mastery page now i went 28/2/0 :pac: An old-jungle Diana build. Was decent enough though. No wonder her clears where better than i expected.

I didn't try her in the new jungle till after she was buffed but she clears decent. With Smite on first camp its just about to come off cooldown at the third. Feels like her W is doing more damage now, and it also counts as an auto attack for proc'ing the Krug stun faster. In truth most junglers that don't have sustain or a shielding effect "struggle" in the jungle at the moment, or atleast on their first clear. Her mana sustain before buffs i felt was really bad but its so much better now. Her base mana was increased by close to 90% and i think machete or the upgrade to it give's mp5 while in combat with creeps. I donated every blue buff in both games i played.

On both games I ran
    AS Quints
    AS Reds
    Armour Yellows
    Scaling MR Blues

Only because of my rune pages it was the best set up i could pick from for both games. Could make a case for Movespeed quints as once you land her Q its very hard to shake Sejuani off. Would stick with AS reds because the Krug buff is just so good for jungle survival.

Mid tier jungler imo.

Actually as i look at my mastery page now i went 28/2/0 :pac: An old-jungle Diana build. Was decent enough though. No wonder her clears where better than i expected.

Played a couple of games with Sejuani last night and did well. Struggles to clear at the start but about 10 mins in she begins to clear really really quickly, like Shyvana quickly. First game I went with tank Jungle item and the aoe smite for mobs, second game I went AP jung item and chilling smite for the extra slow. Think the tank item is better on her tbh. I liked the chilling smite though as found it hard to catch targets without the movement quints. Like you I went AS quints and Marks. Masteries I went 10/10/10 and not sure if that was the best setup. I wanted some CDR some dmg, some tankiness and then the benefit of CDR on smite and increased buff and potion duration. Will keep tweaking to see what works best. Let me know if you find a great combination.

Cheers

On-Hit Diana Jungle?!!?

I played jungle AP Diana last season and enjoyed it but it wasn't strong by any stretch of the imagination. Very weak 1-5 and i would have to stay in the jungle and farm to stack the AP jungle item. But discovered On-Hit Diana this season. Her first clear is very strong. Taking very little damage with the shield from W and her increased AS and AoE damage from her passive works so well in the current jungle. Obviously again a very weak 1-5 but considering her clears and sustain level 6 comes faster than most that cant sustain the jungle.

In my game before posting this i finished the game 25/5/10. I got to a point where i didn't need to land my Q to engage. I just used R and went ham. Super fun, super strong. Move over Vi! I got a new jungle main! :pac:

And Cassiopeia! Reached 1378 AP in my last game. She does some serious damage mid to late game. Some hard match ups against mids like Xerath and Syndra but I found vs Zed and Kat to be in my favor. Don't have to build CDR on my items because I get 30% from passive plus mastery so I can focus on more tanky AP items like RoA, Rylias, Archangel and Zhonyas. Thus makes her a good duelist because of the tanky stats, the heal on E, the stun from the ult and the insane damage output. Sleeper OP imo

On-Hit Diana Jungle?!!?

I played jungle AP Diana last season and enjoyed it but it wasn't strong by any stretch of the imagination. Very weak 1-5 and i would have to stay in the jungle and farm to stack the AP jungle item. But discovered On-Hit Diana this season. Her first clear is very strong. Taking very little damage with the shield from W and her increased AS and AoE damage from her passive works so well in the current jungle. Obviously again a very weak 1-5 but considering her clears and sustain level 6 comes faster than most that cant sustain the jungle.

In my game before posting this i finished the game 25/5/10. I got to a point where i didn't need to land my Q to engage. I just used R and went ham. Super fun, super strong. Move over Vi! I got a new jungle main! :pac:

How do you build her in term of items, masteries and runes? Was thinking of trying her myself as I'm going to try some non fotm picks this year in jungle.

My Sejuani experiment is still going well. Have played her in ranked 13 times, won 7 and lost 6. Even in the games I lost I did pretty well to be honest and lost about 3 to afk and troll. Stuck with the AS quints and Marks in the end as found them better than AP and Hybrid Pen. Building her 9-21-0 and find that once you get past level 6 then you can have a real impact but up to then you are massively prone to counter-jungling. Just ward smartly and start the opposite side you are expected and you can usually get away with it.

I build full tank now with tank jungle item and chilling smite, Frozen heart for CDR and mana mainly, Spirit Visage, Randuins, Warmogs and Merc Threads. I sometimes swap the Spirit Visage for Banshee and sacrifice the the CDR for the shield if the enemy has particularly bursty mages. Your ult is up approx every minute and imo is stronger than Amumu's ult but harder to hit. Trick is not to use it to engage, wait till the fight has started and people have started to bunch before using it or use it to take the enemy carry out of the game. Sej can build so tanky and is so sticky that she is a carry's worst nightmare. Have won the team the game a number of times with a well placed ult or by just by focusing the fed champ on the other team. With all the health in that build I can still pump out a lot of dmg with my W (scales with health) and with max CDR it is up every 4 secs at max rank (I max first) and with merc threads and the passive you have a lot of tenacity so it very difficult to lock you down. With your passive you get free armor, tenacity and a stack of frost to slow your enemy and with your q as a gap closer and knock up it is next to impossible to get away from Sej. She is really fun to play and has excellent mobility to get around the jungle and escape over walls or steal in for a baron or drake steal. Q over the wall into the pit, ult and then smite or ult then q over wall and smite. Think to be honest she is bordering on op and will get a lot of play once people realise how strong she is again. The changes to her mana costs have transformed her.

21/9 mysteries. I take the CDR mastery instead of the AS one. And the first spell mastery. I think it's called spell weaving. Rest is basic AP.

AP quints
    AS reds
    Armour yellows
    Scaling MR blues.

I take devourers as my jungle item and the trailblazer. I could see a point being made for taking the chilling smite so you can better land your Q when you gank but haven't tried it yet. Against mobile champs if I miss my Q I just ult them anyway. Cool down is short enough and in most cases the enemy laner is going to be fleeing so I won't have to worry about not actually having the damage from the Q and the second ult since its gonna be a 2v1 in most cases. It's also good pressure to help my laner go ahead in CS.

Item build varies a lot depending on the enemy team comp or if I am ahead or not. Nashor into Lichbane if I'm ahead. Nashor into Zhonyas or abyssal if even. Or rush Zhonyas or abyssal if behind. Maybe even randuins if I need to be the one to initiate team fights. Sorc boots also.

At the moment I'm playing normal draft with a roulette of champs I don't play in order to expand my pool for ranked next season. So atm Sej is on the bench since i'm comfortable with her. She will be played in the new season for sure. Very strong with lots of CC, mobility and tankyness.

-Edit-
    Phone auto correct OP

Seeing alot more Cassio being played in normal draft, and discussion about her on various forums. My ticket to plat next season is gonna be nerfed :( Atleast i still have Diana.

Actually i made it to Gold 1 promo's last season and just gave up when i failed them and lost 3 more games in a row after that. Could make a run for Diamond next season! Or mid plat atleast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Seeing alot more Cassio being played in normal draft, and discussion about her on various forums. My ticket to plat next season is gonna be nerfed :( Atleast i still have Diana.

Actually i made it to Gold 1 promo's last season and just gave up when i failed them and lost 3 more games in a row after that. Could make a run for Diamond next season! Or mid plat atleast:D

Not being bad but the difference from gold -> mid plat is quite large.

n1ck wrote: »
    Not being bad but the difference from gold -> mid plat is quite large.

Easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

So dfg is being removed, I wonder how that'll work out..

Advertisement