Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

attempt to hijack my email acc

Options
  • 16-12-2014 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭

hi folks there has been two unsuccessful attempts to hijack my email acc with outlook.com, according to microsoft they were made from lituniana, they gave a map with the position of the ip addy and the ip addy also, can i blame anti virus my firewall or was this outside of my control, tanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Could be either but I have limited experience here. Not sure if Microsoft do two step verification for their e-mail? If so get this enabled now so that you can log in using both a password and a code that's sent to your mobile phone. Tiny bit of hassle but well worth it. If Microsoft don't do this maybe consider Gmail or similar?

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

they have that, password has beeb changed, i will go pack to a freeware firewall again never had a prob with one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Your firewall has nothing to do with an attack on your email account which is hosted on a server over which you have no control.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

They got his password by either shared password or via keylogger.

OP do you use same password on loads of sites? If one gets compromised they will try using same password on other sites.

No antivirus or firewall will help you if you have bad habits.

Advertisement