Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S & Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Picked up a Galaxy Tab S in the states recently, if anyone is considering one go for it... great bit of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

unklerosco wrote: »
    Picked up a Galaxy Tab S in the states recently, if anyone is considering one go for it... great bit of kit!

Looked at it in Power City and thoght it was fab. There was talk on another forum about it overheating. You found any problems with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

That site just crashes safari on my ipad. Not a good way for Samsung to convince apple users to buy their products

Just tried chrome and it's the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

the_pod wrote: »
    That site just crashes safari on my ipad. Not a good way for Samsung to convince apple users to buy their products

Just tried chrome and it's the same!

You know due to apples walled garden approach theres only one web browser available. Chrome on the ipad like all alternative browsers on ios is just a uiwebview so its the same rendering engine.

Its as likely to be an issue with ios7, extensions such as adblock, cache, profile etc. than a repeatable issue with samsungs code.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Many thanks, TheInspector, just bought a TAB S for delivery to ParcelMotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

what is tcb 5.05%?

any idea how long this deal will last?hoping to get one in 3 weeks ish time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

vienne86 wrote: »
    Looked at it in Power City and thoght it was fab. There was talk on another forum about it overheating. You found any problems with that?

Nope, none at all... It's stupidly thin and light and very very fast, everything is instant on it. Anyone that gets one wont regret it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My friend got the Tab Pro 8.4" for €275.99 a few days ago, it was on sale on PixMania but has since gone up.

Really considering getting the Tab S but I think I might just wait for the next Nexus Tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

That Tab S is a beautiful device and if I can convince myself that I actually need a tablet, that will be the one to go for. What you really want is that AMOLED screen though, what would be brilliant would be a Google Play Edition of the Tab S, just pure Android without Samsung's bloat.

I;m looking forward to the new Nexus 8" tablet and it'll no doubt be a great device but it won;t have an AMOLED screen like the Tab S unfortunately..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Was going to hold off for the new nexus but like that it won't have an amoled display.

I reckon I should have it by tomorrow night. I order last night. So not long waiting.

Tcb is top cash back, it's an online website that when you use them they give you money for buying through them. Google it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

I have a note 10.1 2014. Interface is awful coming from nexus 5.

Install Google now launcher, problem solved ;-)

I have Chrome set to continue where I left off when I open it so when I opened it a while ago it went back to the Samsung page and they thought I was closing their tab so they offered 5% off anything! :pac:

Pitty offers can't be stacked.

I was playing with the Tab S today in SmartSpot and wow is it thin.

Beautiful display but I still think it'd be best to wait for the next Nexus Tablet!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

Was going to hold off for the new nexus but like that it won't have an amoled display.

I reckon I should have it by tomorrow night. I order last night. So not long waiting.

Tcb is top cash back, it's an online website that when you use them they give you money for buying through them. Google it.

Just wondering did you receive your Samsung Galaxy Tab S? I ordered one on Monday Night and have not received it yet through Parcel Motel.

lafpat wrote: »
    Just wondering did you receive your Samsung Galaxy Tab S? I ordered one on Monday Night and have not received it yet through Parcel Motel.

Let us know how ye get on?

Even a picture of it or two would be nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

I got it yesterday through parcel motel it came weds at half 12 but only go it yesterday.

Oh holy lamb it's beautiful.

Even better than I thought and the 8.4 is perfect.
    Dont get me started on the screen it's everything its hyped to be. So happy I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Just took the plunge. Great bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Just a heads up, ordered the Tab S 8.4 wifi and using Quidco got £14.35 cashback tracked in addition to the discounted price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Note PRO 12.2 for £479.20 (WiFi)

Nearly buying this but decided to have a look around
    expansys.ie has it for approx £424.38
    http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-galaxy-note-pro-12-2-wi-fi-32gb-black-258159/

expansys uk has it for £414.99
    http://www.expansys.com/samsung-galaxy-note-pro-12-2-wi-fi-16gb-white-258026/

Edit: pricespy found a cheaper one... damn it :)
    http://pricespy.ie/product.php?p=2427700

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

Ordered the Tab S 10.5 4G

Looking forward to getting it now!

Would anyone mind taking a few pictures of the device in action?

All I can find online are professional photos of it, no amateur ones :pac:

• Advertisement

Would anyone mind taking a few pictures of the device in action?

All I can find online are professional photos of it, no amateur ones :pac:

Surely all the youtube demonstration videos should be sufficient.

One thing a video or pic wont really show you is how and thin this is. Its incredible how thin it is. I tried one in pcworld and decided to then pull the trigger. Check out the amazon and hkud reviews from end users too. There is no bettwr tablet on the market right now

zarquon wrote: »
    Surely all the youtube demonstration videos should be sufficient.

One thing a video or pic wont really show you is how and thin this is. Its incredible how thin it is. I tried one in pcworld and decided to then pull the trigger. Check out the amazon and hkud reviews from end users too. There is no bettwr tablet on the market right now

I just like seeing the device in action haha :rolleyes:

I was playing with one in SmartSpot and the thinness is actually unreal, I'd actually be worried I'd break it it'd be that thin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

The Wifi-only Tab S 10.5 seems to be sold out :( Some other devices (like the 4G model and some 8.4's) have the 'add to basket' option but this one only has the 'where to buy'.

I'll keep an eye on it though! The Tab S 10.5 is the only recent tab with AMOLED screen that doesn't use that pentile layout (which I hate because I can see the graininess instantly)

Thanks for the tip on this one!

The Wifi-only Tab S 10.5 seems to be sold out :( Some other devices (like the 4G model and some 8.4's) have the 'add to basket' option but this one only has the 'where to buy'.

I'll keep an eye on it though! The Tab S 10.5 is the only recent tab with AMOLED screen that doesn't use that pentile layout (which I hate because I can see the graininess instantly)

Thanks for the tip on this one!

Offer runs until the end of the month so just keep checking back. Stock is replenished every few days but they run out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Seems like Amazons prices are only marginally dearer than price with CODE and free delivery and the luxury of amazon taking it back if anything goes wrong (as opposed to finding a repair centre....)

EDIT just realised they are all 3rd party sellers......

TheDriver wrote: »
    Seems like Amazons prices are only marginally dearer than price with CODE and free delivery and the luxury of amazon taking it back if anything goes wrong (as opposed to finding a repair centre....)

EDIT just realised they are all 3rd party sellers......

Not really, the Amazon 3rd party prices include UK VAT. If you buy then the VAT rate is changed to 23% so for the TAB S 8.4 alone the difference is approximately £24 (€30)which is quite substantal.

Fast shipping from Samsung. Ordered Sunday night, delivered to Parcel Motel already so should be here tomorrow a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

I ordered mine Saturday... still no sign of it shipping yet!

Ordered the 4g 10.5 bronze.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

what happens if one goes wrong??

TheDriver wrote: »
    what happens if one goes wrong??

Comes with a full Samsung warranty so can just return directly to Samsung. No problem there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I ordered mine on friday. Order is on step 3 of 6.........

Order Processed Product shipment has been requested. You may able to edit your order details through online, or by contacting VoC Centre.

Edit: Just got an e-mail to say that delivery will be delayed. Status of order on website didn't change and no expected delivery date.

Advertisement