Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Registering with ABA - Graduated in the Philippines 4 years ago

• 25-07-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

My wife graduated from Nursing in the Philippines 4 years ago and she's now living with me in Ireland. Unfortunately she was never able to practice nursing in the Philippines because lack of employment options. Now here, she got a job as a Care Assistant in a nursing home and she's now interested in getting registered with ABA.

Reading through ABA's website, it says that non-eu who graduated outside of the EU will have to go through an educational assessment. Does anyone have more information about that assessment? She really lost some of her knowledge due to lack of practice.

Are there any courses she can take to get up to speed or something similar?

Lastly, because she never had a nursing job and ABA requires some hours of real work time, what do you think would be the best way to proceed?

I know these are a lot of questions, but if you've gone through ABA's website you'll know its a pain and they are very unresponsive as well from what I've read in other forums.

Any help you can provide me with is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement