Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-02-2014, 21:49   #196
FHFC

I have Brown of Sunderland and probably be keeping him as I've other transfer priorities and seems silly to transfer out a player who has three DGWs coming up, and whose fixtures are just about to ease up. But two of the DGW fixtures they have couldn't be much worse for a defender.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-02-2014, 22:28   #197
dahat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHFC View Post
I have Brown of Sunderland and probably be keeping him as I've other transfer priorities and seems silly to transfer out a player who has three DGWs coming up, and whose fixtures are just about to ease up. But two of the DGW fixtures they have couldn't be much worse for a defender.
Cuellar is back from injury I think and he impact on Red card Wes Browns game time.
Thanks from:
16-02-2014, 23:11   #198
qwabercd

If West Ham - Hull goes ahead I should be able to field 4-5-1, if not it will be 3-5-1 (with a goalkeeper). Toure, Koscielny, Bennett and Bony to be phased out.
16-02-2014, 23:40   #199
Neoulous

Heard on French radio that the FA 1/4 have already been drawn.

Arsenal - Everton
City - Wigan
Brighton or Hull - Sunderland
and maybe a Sheffield derby (but we don't really care for it here )

So, if I'm reading iroced giant post right, we could expect City, Arsenal and Sunderland (granted they win their FA 1/4) to have a blank in GW 34 (so no DGW there) and certainly a DGW in GW 37 right ?
17-02-2014, 00:11   #200
iroced

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroced View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not THAT concerned about GW 29 blank chaos. It's more the timing of the DGWs to follow that concerns me.

It looks like the potential DGWs are GW 31, GW 34 and GW 37.

Here's the current list of games to be rescheduled:
Man City - Sunderland
Everton - CP
Sunderland - West Brom
Arsenal - Swansea
Man City - AV
Newcastle - Everton
Liverpool - Sunderland
[...]

Hmmm...

Just saw this updated picture on totalfpl.com and from what they say, some games could be re-arranged at the same time than "European" games (e.g. midweek GW 29). Apparently that happened in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoulous View Post
So, if I'm reading iroced giant post right, we could expect City, Arsenal and Sunderland (granted they win their FA 1/4) to have a blank in GW 34 (so no DGW there) and certainly a DGW in GW 37 right ?
Yes for the "blank" in GW 34 if they progress to the FA semis. Not so sure about DGW 37 now from the picture posted above. Hopefully we shall now soon enough if midweek PL games can happen at the same time than "European" ones.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-02-2014, 00:38   #201
iroced

I'll leave you with this last picture before going to bed...

If you plan on stockpiling Man City players at some point, have a look at this:

(4) thanks from:
17-02-2014, 09:16   #202
Shedite27

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroced View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not THAT concerned about GW 29 blank chaos. It's more the timing of the DGWs to follow that concerns me.

It looks like the potential DGWs are GW 31, GW 34 and GW 37.

Here's the current list of games to be rescheduled:
Man City - Sunderland
Everton - CP
Sunderland - West Brom
Arsenal - Swansea
Man City - AV
Newcastle - Everton
Liverpool - Sunderland
The "big" teams involved for a DGW are Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton. The good point is their postponed games are all very favourable fixtures (home to bottom table teams).
  • City already have a DGW for GW 31 but the second game is away to United. Not the best fixture for a DGW.
  • If the replays are set for GW 31, the normal GW 31 games see Arsenal go away to Chelsea, Liverpool away to Cardiff and Everton home to Swansea. So in that case, Arsenal may not be a good option to follow.
  • If the replays are set for GW 34, the normal GW 34 games see Arsenal host WH, Liverpool host Man City and Everton away to Sunderland. So in that case, Liverpool may not be the best option. Also, if City second DGW happens that very GW it's a tough away game for City and not an ideal DGW scenario, unless their trip to Anfield turns into a goal fest.
  • Though it's important to note that the FA Cup semis are on during GW 34 so potentially some of these teams may have a blank for the normal GW 34 games which would make the potential DGW turn into a single GW.
  • If the replays are set for GW 37, the normal GW 37 games see Arsenal host WBA, Liverpool go away to CP and Everton host Man City. So in that case, it's all Arsenal and Liverpool!
  • To sum this up,
  • Man City have the worst possible scenario for their DGWs since the potential/probable rescheduling will see their postponed games added to 2 of 3 tough away games (MU gw31 - already rescheduled -, Liverpool gw34 or Everton gw37). So, if you add the potential/probable rotations that they will experience, loading up City players may not be the best idea. That being said they showed they can score big against pretty much everyone.
  • Like Man City, Everton should have 2 DGWs. If they don't happen for GW 37, Everton have very favourable fixtures.
  • For Arsenal and Liverpool it is really dependent on the DGW timing. On paper, it could be either fantastic or poor.
Maybe going for "smaller" teams fighting against relegation (Swansea, AV, CP, WBA, Sunderland) could pay off nicely. There is a major con though, it's that their postponed game is a very tough one (away to a top of the table - most fighting for the PL title - team). The only exception is the Sun-WBA game.
  • If the replays are set for GW 31, the normal GW 31 games see Swansea go away to Everton, AV host Stoke, CP go away to Newcastle, WBA go away to Hull and Sunderland go away to Norwich. Bar Swansea (and to a lesser extent CP), all good fixtures.
  • If the replays are set for GW 34, the normal GW 34 games see Swansea host Chelsea, AV go away to CP, WBA host Tottenham and Sunderland host Everton. CP-AV sounds the most promising game. Sunderland at home may be a good prospect too.
  • Again it's important to note that should some of these teams progress to the FA semis they would not have a DGW for this GW 34.
  • If the replays are set for GW 37, the normal GW 37 games see Swansea host Southampton, AV host Hull, CP host Liverpool, WBA go away to Arsenal and Sunderland go away to Man U. Only Swansea and AV sound appealing.
  • To sum this up,
  • CP players don't loook like worth it.
  • AV is noteworthy.
  • Sunderland should have 3 DGWs. So we may think it'll be GW 31, 34 AND 37 for them. Problem is not only 2 of their postponed games are very tough (away to City and Liverpool) but their GW 37 fixture is another tough away game (Man U).
  • Then Swansea and WBA could be good depending when the DGW will happen.

Finally, there is Newcastle...
  • GW 31: home to CP
  • GW 34: away to Stoke.
  • GW 37: home to Cardiff.
Not only their postponed game is not too bad (home to Everton) but each possible DGW sounds very appealing for them. Problem is they are absolute sh*te at the moment....

Can't wait for the rescheduled games to be announced !!! Considering the huge difference fixtures-wise regarding the teams affected by DGWs, there's not much planning we can do now...
GReat post, but still far too many mentions of the word "if" for my liking. BEst advice, bank this week's transfer and be ready for when it all clears itself up.
(2) thanks from:
17-02-2014, 09:34   #203
CSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedite27 View Post
GReat post, but still far too many mentions of the word "if" for my liking. BEst advice, bank this week's transfer and be ready for when it all clears itself up.
There are definitely some safe transfers for this week, mine is Dzeko to Adebayor.
17-02-2014, 09:53   #204
FHFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF View Post
There are definitely some safe transfers for this week, mine is Dzeko to Adebayor.
Yeah, I'll be doing Bendonkey to Ade too.

Then its probably Silva to Zaha/Ince/Adams/AN Other for GW28&29 but after that will prob try to bank a transfer and have two from GW30.
Advertisement
17-02-2014, 10:34   #205
Lemlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHFC View Post
Yeah, I'll be doing Bendonkey to Ade too.

Then its probably Silva to Zaha/Ince/Adams/AN Other for GW28&29 but after that will prob try to bank a transfer and have two from GW30.
That's my plan exactly.

GW27 - bank transfer.
GW28 - Yaya out.
GW29 - Mert out.

I'll then have a banked transfer for GW30 onwards. The next few weeks are going to be all about just ensuring that you have 11 starters. At present, I will have ten for GW29 following those two transfers so I'm more than happy with that.

I will have 11 if Hull do me a favour and lose.

Edit: I'm 90% sure Nolan would be my transfer in for Yaya if West Ham lose too. They play Everton away and Hull home.

Last edited by Lemlin; 17-02-2014 at 10:44.
17-02-2014, 10:45   #206
Lemlin

Site now updated to show the three missing games in GW29.
Thanks from:
17-02-2014, 11:06   #207
CSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemlin View Post
Site now updated to show the three missing games in GW29.
BOOOOOO. The longer that went without being updated the more people would make GW 27 transfers for players who have no GW 29 game.
17-02-2014, 11:15   #208
CSF

Looking at bringing in a 2nd Chelsea midfielder (along with Hazard who I already have) for GW 28 and 29. Willian or Oscar? Oscar the more likely points scorer IMO but Willian the more certain starter and these are weeks I can't afford anyone dropped or rested.

Fulham away and Tottenham at home the fixtures.
17-02-2014, 11:25   #209
roryc

Those results yesterday destroyed my team. Worst possible outcome, although I'm sure there's a few others in the same boat. F**king Arsenal! They just turned a big advantage into a big disadvantage. Left with just one defender (Ward) going into GW29, six players overall. Didn't want to have to use a transfer this week on Sagna when he has a home tie against Sunderland but looks like I've no choice now. Banked a transfer last week and it's a use it or lose it situation. Would be great if I could carry over and have 3 FT's next week!

So this week I'll bring in Azpil and hope they can hold Everton for a CS, then use my 2 FT's next week to dump Yaya and Zab. My plan of not doubling up on Chelsea defenders may be out the window, there are few other teams to choose from! Nolan looks like he'll be my Yaya replacement, Ozil was a possibility but not after last night. Oscar could be a decent shout. Would be looking at fielding 10 for GW29 in a 5-3-1 formation
17-02-2014, 11:28   #210
Lemlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF View Post
BOOOOOO. The longer that went without being updated the more people would make GW 27 transfers for players who have no GW 29 game.
I doubt that many casual players check two GWs ahead when making their transfers anyway tbh.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion