Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-07-2013, 22:01   #16
socratesden

Prize bonds and pps numbers

I got a letter today from the prize bonds company wanting to update my details with them. They want my pps number.

Did anyone else get that letter?

I have a monthly direct debit with the Prize Bond company. Are they only looking for pps numbers for regular bond purchasers?

What happens if a person withdrew their savings from the bank and put them into bonds. Will they also be asked for their pps number?
Advertisement
12-07-2013, 21:19   #17
ravima

I also buy regularily, but by cheque. I got a cheque returned recently that I could get my ID proved. I've been buying for years with no problem, so perhaps they are tightening up on checking ID's
15-07-2013, 08:29   #18
ScottStorm

I buy intermittently online and have never been asked for my pps number nor would I be impressed were they to ask me.
15-07-2013, 10:28   #19
gordongekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStorm View Post
nor would I be impressed were they to ask me.
why?
16-07-2013, 11:52   #20
ScottStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordongekko View Post
why?
In order to loan money to our government at very little and recently diminished chance of any return I have already proved them with more than enough personal information.
Advertisement
16-07-2013, 12:15   #21
gordongekko

Quote:
In order to loan money to our government at very little and recently diminished chance of any return I have already proved them with more than enough personal information.
im sure if you heard drug dealers or mafia or a terrorist group were laundering money through prize bonds you would be ask why did they not at least look for some id.
16-07-2013, 12:48   #22
ScottStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordongekko View Post
im sure if you heard drug dealers or mafia or a terrorist group were laundering money through prize bonds you would be ask why did they not at least look for some id.
That wouldn't concern me in the slightest, what concerns me is further intrusions upon my freedoms.
23-07-2013, 23:11   #23
ozzie3032

A raffle ticket is a purchase that CANNOT be exchanged once bought with a view to winning a prize of some kind, a prize bond can be cashed in after a 3 month waiting period and YOUR ORIGINAL SUM OF MONEY RETURNED.

ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE
24-07-2013, 10:10   #24
Qualitymark

Quote:
That wouldn't concern me in the slightest, what concerns me is further intrusions upon my freedoms.
I'd be concerned about the same, ScottStorm, but I can't *really* see the Government wanting to know who's saving money in Prize Bonds as a huge incursion.

How would you feel if, for instance, you discovered that the Loyalist Hatred Force and Kill-the-Taigues Secret Brotherhood had stashed their arms-buying millions in Prize Bonds, and nobody knew because it was utterly anonymous?

(I know this is a bit of a whataboutery, but really, why *shouldn't* the Government be able to know who's investing with it?)
Advertisement
24-07-2013, 18:50   #25
adr1984

Does anybody know where u can find out what prize bonds are worth if they were bought over 20 years ago its only a £50 cheque but I know its in my name? The thing is the flipin thing got misplaced on me.
24-07-2013, 21:45   #26
RayCarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr1984 View Post
Does anybody know where u can find out what prize bonds are worth if they were bought over 20 years ago its only a £50 cheque but I know its in my name? The thing is the flipin thing got misplaced on me.
I'd say if you filled out this form with as much detail as you can and post/email it into the address at the bottom, they should be able to tell you what you have:
http://www.statesavings.ie/Downloads...equestForm.pdf
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion