Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

09-06-2013, 18:26   #2176
paulboland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wush06 View Post
Hi all is there any way of resetting the password for logging into the box. On the old router there was a reset button on the back.

I've used the same user name and password on every router I ever owned. I was logging in to this box no prob at the start but over the last two days I can not log in no matter what I try.
I'm in the middle of factory resetting to see will that revert to admin admin as log in. Something tells me that won't work read the manually but noting in it.

Anybody any ideas
Did you already change the login password if you did you will have to remember it as you cant change settings if you forget you will need to contact UPC for them to rest the router to factory reset if user and password still admin admin then do below note only password change be changed user will always be admin
http://192.168.192.1/
USER admin
Password admin
Click System
you can change the password to one you want to use
There is also option to reset the router to Factory Reset and also save Details if you want to and restore from saved back up
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-06-2013, 23:43   #2177
Synode

Getting a whopping 7MB (150MB wired) on wireless less than 5 feet away from the box. Does anyone know how I can go back to my old router as the source of broadband but use Horizon for phone and TV?
10-06-2013, 02:11   #2178
KenH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synode View Post
Getting a whopping 7MB (150MB wired) on wireless less than 5 feet away from the box. Does anyone know how I can go back to my old router as the source of broadband but use Horizon for phone and TV?
Don't think so. I was using the old router, but when they consolidated the Horizon box, it stopped working. Maybe the old router could join the horizon box network though?
10-06-2013, 02:14   #2179
KenH

@wush06 I'm sure if you ring UPC, they could remotely reset the modem. It's strange there's no reset button on the box.
Thanks from:
10-06-2013, 12:09   #2180
who_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH View Post
You should be getting at least over 120mb on wifi. Is the box near any cordless phones, a nest of wires, microwave....and other such things? What do you get when connecting via ethernet cable?
120Mbps would be pretty exceptional, even on N Wifi. You're doing very well if you're getting that - most devices/setups would max out at around half that.
Advertisement
10-06-2013, 12:16   #2181
who_me

While I think it's a great box, I really hope it's not going 'live' any time soon, or they'll be murdered by the reaction.

Still lots of new issues popping up: guide appears but is empty, box freezing, picture playing but remote control unresponsive, crash in apps so I can still see the video but the rest of the screen is black (and can't exit out). Still have to reset the box every single morning to get a picture & sound, LOTS of sound blips, some picture breaking up. Audio cuts out on recording (assuming it's a problem with the recording and not original programme as there was no on-screen message apologising for the lack of sound). Reminders never work.

On the plus side, the radio channels are now working!
10-06-2013, 14:30   #2182
MrVestek

Has anybody else's box just refused to record shows lately?
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2013, 16:07   #2183
totallegend
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
It seems that when UPC updated the software, it deleted the recording settings so you need to go back in and re-do them.
10-06-2013, 16:31   #2184
PacificRooster

Quote:
Things have settled down on my setup. Recording and playback working ok.

I'm getting use to the setup - was verging on going back to old one but will stick it out for now.
Advertisement
10-06-2013, 16:32   #2185
wush06

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
Did you already change the login password if you did you will have to remember it as you cant change settings if you forget you will need to contact UPC for them to rest the router to factory reset if user and password still admin admin then do below note only password change be changed user will always be admin
http://192.168.192.1/
USER admin
Password admin
Click System
you can change the password to one you want to use
There is also option to reset the router to Factory Reset and also save Details if you want to and restore from saved back up
Thanks Paul boland once you said the user name stays the same I got it first go.
I swear you could change the user name as well sorted now.
10-06-2013, 17:08   #2186
MonkstownHoop

when i get the twonky key where do i input it?
10-06-2013, 18:39   #2187
Deep Thought

Quote:
yes and trying to re set them and its telling us no information available , so cant do it...another reboot required
10-06-2013, 19:48   #2188
Synode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkstownHoop View Post
when i get the twonky key where do i input it?
When you download the program on a PC or Mac. I didn't have to enter it on my iPhone
Thanks from:
10-06-2013, 20:14   #2189
macker22

i have mine about 3 weeks and the only problems i've had is the remote is a bit unresponsive and sometimes the aaps crash other than tat everthin works perfect . . i asked on twiiter today aswell about some hd channels replacin the sd channel was told tat soon enough tat all the hd channels will replace the sd ones
10-06-2013, 21:21   #2190
e21man

Just in reply to anyone having the hanging/freezing problem

what do you have connected to your router as in wired straight in .

i have a NAS(Dlink DNS-323) a Popcorn media player, xbox 360 and a PC

I unplugged the media player and put it staight into the NAS and i have had no freezing/hanging issues
I than placed only my media player back in and back came the freezing i have no uPNP server set up on the media player so its not that
i have a static ip address now on my Media player to see if DHCP is causing an issue
I have also ticked the Multicast and upnp checboxes on Horizon page(192.168.192.1) see if this helps.

What i have noticed is that i am getting the issue always between 3AM and 4AM and between 5PM and 7PM

hopefully tonight the changes i have made work if not im not sure whats going on between the media player and the horizon box
unless its just 2 media players not getting along

Oh this is my 2nd box now first one had the freezing/hanging problem too but did no troubleshooting on
my own equipnment until i got the second box and it started the same way.
Thread Closed