"Trust Rating" pop-up how can I remove? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2013, 20:30   #1
Wanderer2010

"Trust Rating" pop-up how can I remove?

I have a very annoying pop up message that appears on the end of my screen when I visit almost every website from forums to news sites. It says Trust Rating and a percentage next to it, I have to close it down manually each time. Any idea what this is and how to get rid of it? Bear in mind Im in no way a computer expert, have a very basic knowledge of laptops. For what its worth I have McAfee security and AdBlock installed but Im not too failiar with advanced setting etc.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance
Advertisement
31-05-2013, 20:15   #2
ni@ll

Surprised nobody responded to you, sounds like site adviser!

This might help:
http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100162
31-05-2013, 20:21   #3
tagday

Annoying pop up ads

Lately I have been getting pop up adds, I never go into them but when you click to close them down it will take you to some other site selling something. At the bottom right hand cornor is "ads by adorkia" does anyone know how to stop them from popping up. I have McAfee anti virus installed on my PC.
31-05-2013, 20:31   #4
ni@ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagday View Post
Lately I have been getting pop up adds, I never go into them but when you click to close them down it will take you to some other site selling something. At the bottom right hand cornor is "ads by adorkia" does anyone know how to stop them from popping up. I have McAfee anti virus installed on my PC.
By any chance are these sites you can stream videos on? If so they're designed to get you to click as many ads as possible - they're taking a risk putting copyrighted material online so they want to benefit as much as possible..... Try the plugin adblock plus, can't guarantee it will work
18-04-2014, 10:13   #5
Plumpynutt

Bump, just removed mine there, it was part of something called "Mega-browse deals". No idea how it got onto my pc, but by un-installing it , it fecks off!
Advertisement
02-10-2014, 19:10   #6
powerlove

I just registered to HELP. I have been TORMENTED by this Trust Rating window at the bottom that I had to manually close EACH time OMG!
I removed an application called "FindRight" and FINALLY IT WAS GONE!!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion