Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Trust Rating" pop-up how can I remove?

• 26-05-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭

I have a very annoying pop up message that appears on the end of my screen when I visit almost every website from forums to news sites. It says Trust Rating and a percentage next to it, I have to close it down manually each time. Any idea what this is and how to get rid of it? Bear in mind Im in no way a computer expert, have a very basic knowledge of laptops. For what its worth I have McAfee security and AdBlock installed but Im not too failiar with advanced setting etc.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

Surprised nobody responded to you, sounds like site adviser!

This might help:
    http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100162

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tagday

Lately I have been getting pop up adds, I never go into them but when you click to close them down it will take you to some other site selling something. At the bottom right hand cornor is "ads by adorkia" does anyone know how to stop them from popping up. I have McAfee anti virus installed on my PC.

tagday wrote: »
    Lately I have been getting pop up adds, I never go into them but when you click to close them down it will take you to some other site selling something. At the bottom right hand cornor is "ads by adorkia" does anyone know how to stop them from popping up. I have McAfee anti virus installed on my PC.

By any chance are these sites you can stream videos on? If so they're designed to get you to click as many ads as possible - they're taking a risk putting copyrighted material online so they want to benefit as much as possible..... Try the plugin adblock plus, can't guarantee it will work

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Bump, just removed mine there, it was part of something called "Mega-browse deals". No idea how it got onto my pc, but by un-installing it , it fecks off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 powerlove

I just registered to HELP. I have been TORMENTED by this Trust Rating window at the bottom that I had to manually close EACH time OMG!
    I removed an application called "FindRight" and FINALLY IT WAS GONE!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement