OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread - Page 57 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-05-2013, 17:29   #841
gregers85

I'd agree with FoxyVixen on that one too, if its a case of nervous aggression, challenging the dog or making a loud noise could spook him and cause the dog to react defensively and lunge forward!! definitely work speaking to a professional to see what is triggering the aggression!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-05-2013, 17:35   #842
Killer_banana

Thanks guys for the info. I don't know if it is sudden, I was away for six and a half months. I thought first he might be uncertain of me but I've looked after him a good bit since I've been back. He acts the same around my parents and he would have seen them while I was away. I know more than once his owner's son had people over and threw house parties when she wasn't there so there is a chance that could have affected him (she's since taken the key off him after he trashed the house). Went up later and he seemed nervous but didn't react aggressively, just waited for me to open the door and went straight out.
21-05-2013, 17:44   #843
FoxyVixen

House parties with the dog inside?! Could explain his uncertainty towards anybody other than the owner coming indoors. Poor dog. You'll have to build your relationship up with him again. He needs to know you're not something to be afraid of.

Ignore him completely on entering the house, going about sorting his feed and opening the doors. Don't make a fuss of him or acknowledge him snarling. You've entered his safe home and he has nowhere else to go to feel safe, hence appearing aggressive towards you. Fluid, soft but quick movements on your part. Nothing sudden or challenging!!

He does sound very uncertain poor fella. Just be careful with him and leave his feeding as the last job. He does sound like he's become food aggressive which could have something to do with the house parties - you never know what drunk people would find funny!!

Mention it to the owner all the same. They should know anything different in their dogs behaviour and be careful yourself that he doesn't catch you with his teeth. Sounds more nervous than a vicious dog, but that doesn't mean he won't nip/bite if he's uncertain in his own home with nowhere to run
(4) thanks from:
21-05-2013, 18:12   #844
Killer_banana

Thanks a lot for all the advice, really helpful.
21-05-2013, 18:54   #845
Marty McFly

Stupid sky drawing me then getting me hooked on The Walking Dead, then I realize 3 seasons have aired not jut the 2 sky have up on there on demand, I want more Im on a mission to find out why season 3 isn't up but sky website can be a nightmare to navigate.
Advertisement
21-05-2013, 19:06   #846
Hellrazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
Stupid sky drawing me then getting me hooked on The Walking Dead, then I realize 3 seasons have aired not jut the 2 sky have up on there on demand, I want more Im on a mission to find out why season 3 isn't up but sky website can be a nightmare to navigate.
Ahem Torrents ahem!!!!

Use eztv.it to download them.

We`ve watched every season of Supernatural in the last 16 weeks.Thats scary.23 eps per season and 8 seasons.Thats averaging 2 episodes per night every night....Ok some Saturdays we`ve watched 6/7 episodes while having a few beers.

Im running out of things to watch.Hannibal is the current favourite.Along with Bates Motel.
21-05-2013, 19:09   #847
Orim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazer View Post
Ahem Torrents ahem!!!!

We`ve watched every season of Supernatural in the last 16 weeks.Thats scary.23 eps per season and 8 seasons.Thats averaging 2 episodes per night every night....Ok some Saturdays we`ve watched 6/7 episodes while having a few beers.

Im running out of things to watch.Hannibal is the current favourite.Along with Bates Motel.
Have you watched banshee? Only 10 episodes so far but it's awesome.
21-05-2013, 19:16   #848
Marty McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazer View Post
Ahem Torrents ahem!!!!

Cheers I might look into that I'm useless when it comes to that stuff plus being Eircom they normally block a lot of that behaviour , but I am hooked and want more.

My favorite shows on TV at the moment would be the Following, Breaking Bad and now The Walking Dead.
21-05-2013, 19:20   #849
Orim

You should check out the comics Marty. They were awesome.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-05-2013, 19:23   #850
Marty McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orim View Post
You should check out the comics Marty. They were awesome.

Oh really might take a look so , is that were it originated? Im a newbie to The Walking Dead, only started watching last week because it was on Sky Demand and had heard so many people talking about it, I now get the hype.
21-05-2013, 19:28   #851
Orim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
Oh really might take a look so , is that were it originated? Im a newbie to The Walking Dead, only started watching last week because it was on Sky Demand and had heard so many people talking about it, I now get the hype.
Yeah it comes from the comics. It's a similar story but obviously it's been tweaked for TV. I watched the first season of the show and tbh it didn't sell me. The characters are fleshed out better in the comics.

You can pick up the compendium which is the first 50 odd in one book in Easons. Well worth a read.

EDIT : FYI Daryl is not in the comics. This appears to be a big deal for people that have watched the show first.

You also check the Telltale game. It's set in the same universe but has it's own story. It will cause tears.

Last edited by Orim; 21-05-2013 at 19:57.
(2) thanks from:
21-05-2013, 20:26   #852
FoxyVixen

Was going to say the same thing bout Daryl. He originally auditioned for the Sheriffs part I think and they liked him so much, they created a character for him Something which I am VERY thankful for
21-05-2013, 21:11   #853
Please Kill Me
Closed Account

Evenin' all. Jaysus that was some day. Went to check about a part-time job, was in the yard walking around for about half an hour, me feckin head and shoulders are burned!!

On another note, watching Silent Hill. I recorded it last night. I'm about half an hour or so into it. Weird...
(3) thanks from:
21-05-2013, 22:29   #854
Orim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Kill Me View Post
On another note, watching Silent Hill. I recorded it last night. I'm about half an hour or so into it. Weird...
Is it any good? I've never watched it because I always heard how crap it is. But I only ever heard about from gamers so I don't know how accurate the reveiws really are.

Someone needs to bottle motivation so I can have little shot when I get into my not doing anything funks.
21-05-2013, 23:05   #855
Marty McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orim View Post

Someone needs to bottle motivation so I can have little shot when I get into my not doing anything funks.

Ah I hate them funks and so easy to fall into aswell, once ya get that lazy buzz going on it's so hard to get out of it. I used to be the king of couch potatos .
Thread Closed