Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-04-2013, 17:42   #211
JP Liz V1

So is Aidan really Victoria's son?
Advertisement
02-04-2013, 17:47   #212
Raf32

Too long of breaks between episodes! Next episode isnt for weeks!
02-04-2013, 17:52   #213
Raf32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
So is Aidan really Victoria's son?
No I dont think soSpoiler: . I think its Nolan!
02-04-2013, 18:29   #214
tipp_Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf32 View Post
Too long of breaks between episodes! Next episode isnt for weeks!

Very true. Gas thing is its more compressed then series 1.

32 weeks between the start and finish of the series vs 35 weeks span in season 1.

It drives me mad to watch a US series tbh having all the stop-starts and tbh i was having trouble staying with Season 2 up to now.

Ive a feeling Spoiler: David Clarke is probably part of this initiative when all will be revealed whenever this show will end AND he'll be still alive
12-04-2013, 21:08   #215
Richard Dower
Banned

MAJOR SPOILERS for the season 2 finale - YOU ARE WARNED!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/rev...r-spoiler.html

Guaranteed a third season btw, its down on last season but still pulls in strong numbers.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2013, 23:09   #216
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dower View Post
MAJOR SPOILERS for the season 2 finale - YOU ARE WARNED!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/rev...r-spoiler.html

Guaranteed a third season btw, its down on last season but still pulls in strong numbers.
Spoiler: Ashley or Daniel to die would be my guess
23-04-2013, 09:19   #217
Richard Dower
Banned

showrunner/creator/producer stepping down......i think alot of people have said this about Revenge, 22 episode seasons are way too much and season 2 has suffered alot:

I hear Kelley, who created the cult CBS drama Swing Town before taking a crack at a female-driven contemporary take on The Count Of Monte Cristo with Revenge, had been lobbying for shorter seasons for the heavily serialized drama. From the get-go, he had argued with ABC and ABC Studios that Revenge was much better suited for cable-style orders instead of the standard broadcast 22-episode seasons. After a fast start, Revenge was moved into the high-profile Sunday 9 PM slot last fall though it has been uneven creatively. I hear the pressure to churn out 22 episodes a season while maintaining the quality has taken a toll, sometime causing tension on the set and ultimately leading to Kelley’s decision to move on. He just informed ABCS and the Revenge cast of his decision. “Mike Kelley created a distinctive series for our studio and network with tremendous passion and dedication,” said ABC Studios EVP Barry Jossen. “We wish him all the best as he moves on to his next television achievement.”

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/reve...ving-show-abc/
(2) thanks from:
23-04-2013, 17:09   #218
cats.life

thought i would never say this but im finding Revenge boring now. there was more action last season, now its like more of the same.
Thanks from:
25-04-2013, 07:20   #219
Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

This show has definitely jumped the shark at this stage. It should have been a one season show. Woman shows up, systematically destroys rich family. It would have worked well.
But in an effort to draw it out, we have ridiculous shadow organisations, magic computer programs that work on anything, mysterious syblings popping up from nowhere.etc.. I mean emily has been farting around at this stage. Whens the last time she actually DID somethinto the graysons?

Somebody that bitter and seething wouldnt just stay living there indefinitely having tea with these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dower View Post
showrunner/creator/producer stepping down

From the get-go, he had argued with ABC and ABC Studios that Revenge was much better suited for cable-style orders instead of the standard broadcast 22-episode seasons.

Posts feelings on show. Finds out show creator agrees with him. Mind is blown.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2013, 07:36   #220
aSligoDub
Closed Account

I think they overestimated how much folk care about these caracters.

Last season, you were getting bang for your buck each episode. It was that brainless payoff that i tuned in for.
This season is more like a day time soap where nothing really happens.
I couldnt care less about obvious time filler; Jack and his vendetta, Nolan and his angst re Padma, Eli and his revenge, the falcon, the initiative, aidan and his dead sister (got over that sharpish)
25-04-2013, 13:45   #221
FouxDaFaFa

The show creator bailing is a really big deal. I understand completely where he's coming from and wish him well. American networks are brutal for putting longevity and profits before the writer's wishes.
Thanks from:
25-04-2013, 13:52   #222
Richard Dower
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSligoDub View Post
I think they overestimated how much folk care about these caracters.

Last season, you were getting bang for your buck each episode. It was that brainless payoff that i tuned in for.
This season is more like a day time soap where nothing really happens.
I couldnt care less about obvious time filler; Jack and his vendetta, Nolan and his angst re Padma, Eli and his revenge, the falcon, the initiative, aidan and his dead sister (got over that sharpish)
Th eoriginal takedown-of-the-week was brilliant tv!....they way Emily took down those guys in those first few episodes was brilliant. But then it got a back order.....they changed the killing of Daniel, first mistake....then stretched things out.

I think many us said at the start it should have ben a one season and done deal.
(3) thanks from:
25-04-2013, 21:44   #223
aine1980

Agree with everyone re s2, it seemed like it took more of an effort to watch, even now I don't think it would bother me if I didn't see the last few episodes of the season
25-04-2013, 22:14   #224
JP Liz V1

Yes it is becoming more far fetched this season like Prison Break as another poster pointed it out but yet I'm still watching
Thanks from:
29-04-2013, 12:12   #225
Raf32

great episode last night, similar to season 1! Looking forward to season finale in two weeks now!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion