AvantCard - MBNA - Page 35 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

17-04-2013, 13:38   #511
BuffyBot
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardbaby101 View Post
Hello, I am just looking for some advice. I am haing a night mare with avant card since they took over for mbna! My boyfriend made a cash payment into their account of AIB on Dame Street for me 2 weeks ago and the payment is now missing. I have been on to them numerous times and getting nowhere. Their website wasn't working properly at the time, and I'm still missing an online payment to them from yesterday but that could just be a delay, I'm more worried about the cash payment 2 weeks ago. Is anyone else having trouble with them? I'm getting nowhere with the call centre, and the AIB told me to email Avant Card with the details, I can't get an email address from them, I don't suppose anyone would know an email address I could contact? The lady is AIB said she was advising everyone making counter payments to email Avant, and a lot of people had to make cash payments as nothing else was being accepted at the time. I'm so frustrated, any help is apprieciated.
It's probably a little soon for the payment yesterday to be reflected. Payments via the AvantCard/ex-MBNA details have worked fine so far for me however.
Advertisement
17-04-2013, 14:18   #512
boardbaby101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyBot View Post
It's probably a little soon for the payment yesterday to be reflected. Payments via the AvantCard/ex-MBNA details have worked fine so far for me however.
It was over two weeks ago and they were saying they had no record of it! I think that's unacceptable and they had no urgency about them at all. Even though it was a cash payment they kept saying are you sure the payment was taken from your bank account... Cash at at counter?

Another guy I spoke to kept shouting over me, and I'm in a really quiet office so I had to let him rant on, and it was like he was reading from a sheet or something, ah basically he just wasn't listening to me at all.

Long story short, Avant Card only get one shot at this and they've definitely blown it with me, I'm lucky enough to not have to rely on my card, so I've paid the balance off now and ill just be cancelling and switching to a new provider.
Thanks from:
17-04-2013, 14:20   #513
boardbaby101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyBot View Post
Apologies I just read your reply properly, yes too soon for yesterday's payment, when that goes thru and they find the missing payment I'm cancelling my card.
17-04-2013, 15:45   #514
dobsdave

I think theyre great, I had a MBNA a/c which I short settled 3 years ago.
AVANT has just sent me a statement saying I'm in credit for 1.07euro
17-04-2013, 17:20   #515
anydroid

I'm waiting for a call back on what an "issuer markup assessment" (of 63 cent) is all about.

Flicking through the earlier discussion on this thread, I think we need to remind ourselves why Avant bought BoA/MBNA's Irish loan book in the first place... to sweat marginally distressed loans to the greatest extent possible. I don't view their business as anything other than an asset sweat and ultimately a wind down...
Advertisement
17-04-2013, 17:36   #516
ainiseoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
I had reason to call them the other day to get them to fully outline in simple terms how they apply interest to my account because I was confused by "interest added daily".

The person who I dealt with could not have been politer, friendlier and couldn't have been more helpful. This is odd because I never had the same experience with MBNA(same staff I'm sure) but wholly different in their approach this time.

As soon as my balance is paid down I will not be continuing business with them and will stick with my BOI €1,000 limit. (My AVANT card is blocked by my request so I don't pay stamp duty and pay a low interest rate).
It would appear that if your query has absolutely nothing to do with their IT setup you'll be grand! If you're happy with a cc company that can't seem to get it's IT act together, that is!
17-04-2013, 17:47   #517
ainiseoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadooby View Post
Hey guys,

My mother just got a Credit Card Statement from AvantCard which has her limit on it but she has no clue what this card is, after doing some googling, I found this thread and that they used to be MBNA or something to that affect.
The statement mentions that she has €4,500 available to spend, I assume this is he limit
The problem is, my mother never had an MBNA card of any type, she's always been with AIB.
She's rather confused as to why she is recieving this as am I.
Can we just ignore this statement?

Cheers
If nothing else there's a story there.
Possibly ill-advised to ignore for all sorts of reasons.
Might need professional advice on how to proceed though.
I would see if it's worth while contacting the Financial editors of any of the Irish papers.
If I remember rightly The Irish Times has a lady who acts as an Agony Aunt in these sort of things, surname Reddan, is all I have.
Good luck.
17-04-2013, 18:56   #518
Red About Town
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainiseoir View Post
If nothing else there's a story there.
Possibly ill-advised to ignore for all sorts of reasons.
Might need professional advice on how to proceed though.
I would see if it's worth while contacting the Financial editors of any of the Irish papers.
If I remember rightly The Irish Times has a lady who acts as an Agony Aunt in these sort of things, surname Reddan, is all I have.
Good luck.
I think they need to contact the credit card company before any newspaper. I would be highly surprised if my suggestion in a previous post isn't correct. They should also have a copy of the application on file.
17-04-2013, 19:09   #519
krankykitty

I'm in the same boat. Got a "statement" of 0.04c credit sent to my mother's house, where I haven't lived for about 10 years. Haven't had an MBNA card in even longer than that. It says I have a credit limit of 2,300 eur on this card that doesn't exist. I wonder what they are at - are they trying to lure in people who now can't get approved for a credit card due to bad ratings?

I certainly hope there won't be a bill next year for the Govt Stamp duty on this non-existent card! Going to call tomorrow.
Advertisement
17-04-2013, 21:42   #520
BuzzG

At least your getting statements .. no sign of mine. This messing around has gone on far too long ... inability to view transactions online, delayed statements. Time the regulator took AvantCard to task and gave them a timeline to get their act in order or else face penalties for inability to run their business affairs and serve their customers in an effective and efficient manner.
17-04-2013, 22:18   #521
Sheep Shagger

Received a paper ststement today, shoes the government stamp duty fm going through.

Will try and register for online banking as used to get e statements with MBNA.
18-04-2013, 09:25   #522
anydroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anydroid View Post
I'm waiting for a call back on what an "issuer markup assessment" (of 63 cent) is all about.
Confirmed: issuer markup assessment means foreign exchange fee (obviously...)
Thanks from:
18-04-2013, 15:21   #523
MurdyWurdy
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
Received a paper ststement today, shoes the government stamp duty fm going through.

What month was the statement from? I haven't received any statements since January and the statements are still not online. I'm getting really pissed off. I want to pay off what is outstanding on the card but I'm not doing that until I know exactly what is on it.

I suppose I better go call them. *sigh*
18-04-2013, 16:02   #524
Thraxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdyWurdy View Post
What month was the statement from? I haven't received any statements since January and the statements are still not online. I'm getting really pissed off. I want to pay off what is outstanding on the card but I'm not doing that until I know exactly what is on it.

I suppose I better go call them. *sigh*
You can call them to get the info, they provide it all over the phone and tis automated. I know not that great but only way I can do it. I just got my statements last night.
18-04-2013, 16:50   #525
ainiseoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post

Whatever you signup to, I would suggest that you don't give up your paper statement.
For me it could only be taken from my cold dead hand, to quote Clint.
In the long run being able to produce them if necessary could prove to be to your advantage.
The IT end of things seems to be a bit flimsy at the minute.
Little point in relying solely on the on-line account if you suddenly find that you can't do something as simple as logging in and apparently nothing much can be done about it!
Thanks from:
Thread Closed