Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,744 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Thinking of turning some polished ss items into a brushed finish. Was going to attach the item onto a variable speed drill(somehow) and turn it slowly, then hold some fine wet and dry sandpaper against the item. Any ideas anyone?
    Secure the drill properly (get a stand for it, if you can) and don't wear any loose clothing, especially shirt or sleeves. DAMHIK, IJD, OK? Eye protection would be good, too.
    Such diy setups work ok, but keep it under control.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

grindle wrote: »
    No vids, they've just described to people who've asked how they got the brushed finishes on whatever mod was being talked about/shown.

Here's the post on UKV where he shows it off.

And I falsely attributed something to sej016 up there, it was the guy above him in this thread right here.

Nice one, thanks.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Secure the drill properly (get a stand for it, if you can) and don't wear any loose clothing, especially shirt or sleeves. DAMHIK, IJD, OK? Eye protection would be good, too.
    Such diy setups work ok, but keep it under control.

Cheers Dan, dont worry, I have a workshop with all the gear, besides, I have 10 fingers, I can afford to lose 1 or 2 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...I have a workshop with all the gear...

Ooh, you might have your first customer. Shiny Drawtube can go suck a fat one.

How do you fancy your atty modding capabilities? A Nimbus seems a longshot for me at this stage so I was thinking of planting another negative post into an iGO-L and drilling a second airhole, but I'm workshop-deficient.

Ooh, you might have your first customer. Shiny Drawtube can go suck a fat one.

How do you fancy your atty modding capabilities? A Nimbus seems a longshot for me at this stage so I was thinking of planting another negative post into an iGO-L and drilling a second airhole, but I'm workshop-deficient.
    Yea sure, no problem, send me a drawing or something of what u want done, Im no expert but I can drill holes and sh*t, pretty good at breaking things to, just so you know :-P pm me if you want it done.

• Advertisement

Yea sure, no problem, send me a drawing or something of what u want done, Im no expert but I can drill holes and sh*t, pretty good at breaking things to, just so you know :-P pm me if you want it done.

I'll be receiving an iGO-L tomorrow and will proceed to harass you via PM post-haste.

Woo-Hoo! Cheap, available Nimbus!

Do you have teeny-tiny drill-bits and threading...yokes? And where the hell am I supposed to find a post connector?

Next week, on Grindle's Gamble...

I have tiny drillbits but the smallest threader I have is 3.5ml, ill check with someone tomorrow if they have any smaller, I actually got an IGO l today so ill check it out.

Holy shít, the iGO-L is airy but phenomenal. So much tasty vapour.
    Only downside is I don't want to tax an 18350 with a dual-coil so I'm gonna have to buy a couple more now for "long-mode/power-mode".

Fantastic atty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Can you put a dual coil into the Igo-L, one either side, without the need for an additional negative post, trap both wires under each screw?

Drill out another hole on the far side of the existing hole in the cover then?

Yes to the dual coil.
    Airhole on opposing side: You could do that, but if you put a hole in the other side are you gonna be vaping it held perfectly vertically? Because it will gurgle and leak out of whichever hole is facing down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

True, I got one in the post from ESI during the week, but haven't had a chance to set it up yet, strikes me that the holes might be high up enough not to leak, with the coils at the top of the posts.

I'll have a go over the weekend and see if it works out.

Really? The hole's where the base stops for me, very low down. Definitely leaks if it's tilted in anyway towards me.
    Even the RDA (which has the hole on the top half of the chamber) would leak if it was airhole down for me.
    Just put one coil on top of the post and one in the front and drill a hole to hit the top one (or that's what I'd do if I wasn't gonna get mine Nimbusfied).
    Maybe it wouldn't be a problem if you used more wick for soakage, but the less wick the better for me.

Crackin atty alright, hits like Tyson, made a 1.8ohm(3.5 wraps) coil and at 4.2v it was actually a bit much for me. So I made a 2.1 ohm(4.5 wraps) and its nice at 4.2v. Thats with the air hole directly in front of the coil. I could drill it out but I find the draw just perfect.
    Just wish they made the drip well a bit deeper, anything over 15 drops max. and its flood city. I have to top it up after every 25ish drags.
    Grindle, cant get a smaller threader but I checked my negative post and it is only a push fit, you can pull it out with a bit of force, its slightly tappered so that keeps it tight. If you got another post I'd say it could be done but as you said, you would be vaping like a flamingo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Yes to the dual coil.
    Airhole on opposing side: You could do that, but if you put a hole in the other side are you gonna be vaping it held perfectly vertically? Because it will gurgle and leak out of whichever hole is facing down.

Here's a good dual coil video. I even managed to build one, but couldn't power it :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7HXx0ZQ0E

If you got another post I'd say it could be done but as you said, you would be vaping like a flamingo!!

Well, with another post installed the two coils can be set up on the same side, so the airholes are on the same side (like the Nimbus) as well, so no leaking unless you're holding it upside-down..

The only thing is the draw would be ridiculously airy with two of the size that's currently there (I find it amazingly loose already - maybe it just seems too smooth because I've been vaping Chocolate Donut in it. Hmmph).
    jamie72 wrote: »
    Here's a good dual coil video. I even managed to build one, but couldn't power it :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7HXx0ZQ0E

Go off and get a mech mod for yourself, the possibilities are... Endful, but still extreme.

In theory you could try catching the wire on the side wall, when you put on the air chamber it would act as a negative post, and leave the air hole between the two coils, just as an experiment like. Might not work but if it did then you would have an idea of where is best to put the negative post and air hole. Just a thought.

Oh, I know exactly where they're gonna go, just a mirror of the current setup, neg-post on the opposite side of the chamber to the current one. It's the least leaky, most Nimbus-like way to go.
    The vapour is mad enough off the stock airhole, two airholes and the avalanche of vapour might make me look a total a-hole. Quick, somebody talk me into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Found it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

There's a poster that frequents this forum and his boards name is 'vaperus'.....might be him? Maybe not but seems possible? Could pm him I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Has anyone ever ordered from VapeRUs.ie and can help me find a contact email or contact form?
    I got my order this morning but there's a bottle missing and 2 are the wrong size :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=607501

• Advertisement

Thanks Green! :D

And HeliGuy :D

Got it sorted already! Thanks lads :)
    VapeRUs gets a huge thumbs up from me. Angela was awesome and very chatty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,744 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Cheers Dan, dont worry, I have a workshop with all the gear, besides, I have 10 fingers, I can afford to lose 1 or 2 ;-)
    That's why you've got spares :)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Got the volts on a natural from 3.54v to 3.8v under load with a 2.1ohm coil. Pretty chuffed with that. Just sanded down the contacts to brass. Afaik the lower you go with the ohms, the worse the voltage drop gets but for now Im happy :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Heres a battery of tests, on a battery or batteries.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/18650-battery-comparison-sanyo-2600mah-vs-ultrafire-4000mah-64339.html

Efest not listed, are they inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

That list is two years old. AW aren't even on the list and they're easily the most hyped batteries.

Efest, MNKE and Torchy's batteries are newbies in the 'Impressive Quality Torch Batteries' scene. Oh, what a scene it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Thanks Grindle, I couldnt find a more upto date list (anyone have?)

Does anybody know if this stuff any good for wicking? Stainless Steel Wire Rope
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl4t6gZE-z5w7_OsFZwfYrfyH74iUfDdbCSYiFoKk24ozBZnwG

Im praying it is, no more cutting and fiddling with sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

platinums wrote: »

Does anybody know if this stuff any good for wicking? Stainless Steel Wire Rope
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl4t6gZE-z5w7_OsFZwfYrfyH74iUfDdbCSYiFoKk24ozBZnwG

Im praying it is, no more cutting and fiddling with sheets.

How big is it?

It looks like the stuff they use for hanging picture frames, doubt there would be any capillary action with this stuff.

• Advertisement

platinums wrote: »

The site heliguyheliguy linked to is the most comprehensive, you can sort by brand or size.

Other than that, you could google 'budgetlightforum <whatever specific battery>' and you'll probably get a result.

Advertisement