The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread! - Page 68 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-03-2013, 12:06   #1006
rovert

Total Non-Stop Talking this show.
Advertisement
29-03-2013, 22:15   #1007
CastorTroy

What's so special about Corpus Christi for the big matches being announced?
Is it because of the reduction in PPVs and this would be about the time of a PPV?
29-03-2013, 23:43   #1008
Machismo Fan

I'm going through old iMPACT!'s and god iMPACT! in 2004 totally sucked, I've watched more squash matches in the last week than my brain can stand.
29-03-2013, 23:58   #1009
rovert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo Fan View Post
I'm going through old iMPACT!'s and god iMPACT! in 2004 totally sucked, I've watched more squash matches in the last week than my brain can stand.
TOTALLY AND UTTERLY forgot Marc Mero's run with TNA in 2004 until a couple of months ago.
30-03-2013, 00:01   #1010
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
Is it because of the reduction in PPVs and this would be about the time of a PPV?
It'll be roughly the mid point between PPV's. If they still do Championship Thursday, thats the perfect time for it.
Advertisement
30-03-2013, 00:22   #1011
GTR63
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
TOTALLY AND UTTERLY forgot Marc Mero's run with TNA in 2004 until a couple of months ago.
I had forgotten DDP was there too until Machismo posted the double pounce vid.
Looking forward to that upcoming impact but the 2 impacts taped this week seem very chat heavy(its ok when Bully speaks but I don't want to hear a preachy James Storm) which is not the way i'd go early days out on the road.
30-03-2013, 00:38   #1012
rovert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR63 View Post
I had forgotten DDP was there too until Machismo posted the double pounce vid.
Looking forward to that upcoming impact but the 2 impacts taped this week seem very chat heavy(its ok when Bully speaks but I don't want to hear a preachy James Storm) which is not the way i'd go early days out on the road.
Raw can that way at times but imagine taking a casual fan mate to one of the shows and asking you where was the Wrestling.
30-03-2013, 05:31   #1013
Machismo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
Nearly everybody was in TNA at one stage or another. Especially in the Weekly PPV days they'd drag everybody and anybody in.

They got the layout of the show this week quite badly wrong. The wrestling that was there was quite good (and I'd much rather take quality over quantity) but the gap between Kaz and Daniels/Chavo and Hernandez and the six man was far, far too long. Though, and I'm basing this off nothing but a gut reaction to the last couple of shows, they seem to be moving forward for the first time since last summer.

Last edited by Machismo Fan; 30-03-2013 at 05:36.
Thanks from:
30-03-2013, 12:44   #1014
rossie1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
that and hoping to get a big ratings boost coming a few days off mania i would suspect
Advertisement
30-03-2013, 16:49   #1015
Machismo Fan

Full preview for next week:
Quote:
Preview the Thursday, April 4 edition of TNA's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV at 8/7 from Jonesboro, Arkansas! If you can't watch the action on Thursday, make sure to set your DVR!

- In the main event of Thursday's broadcast on SpikeTV, it will a 10 Man Tag Team War as The Aces and Eights (Devon, D.O.C., Wes Brisco, Garett Bischoff and Knox) battle the TNA team of Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Magnus, Eric Young and Joseph Park! The battle for power between The Aces and the TNA roster continues!

- World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray is coming to IMPACT on a mission! The President of Aces and Eights wants to speak to his wife Brooke Hogan on Impact, after she has ignored his calls and texts. What will happen if Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan come face-to-face on IMPACT for the first time since Lockdown? In perhaps the biggest hoax in wrestling history, Bully Ray conned Brooke into marrying him in order to help The Aces and Eights gain power in TNA. Will Bully Ray force a confrontation with Brooke? Will her father Hulk Hogan get involved? No doubt, Thursday's IMPACT will be emotionally charged and potentially volatile.

- Taryn Terrell makes her in-ring wrestling debut on Thursday night, teaming with TNA Knockouts champion Velvet Sky to battle Gail Kim and Tara!

-Before they meet for the TNA Tag Team Titles on April 11th on Spike, the teams of Bobby Roode and Austin Aries and Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez will come face to face for the official contract signing.

- The evolution of TNA's X Division continues with a three-way Contender's Match: Sonjay Dutt vs. Mason Andrews vs. the returning Petey Williams!

- Plus, the monthly "Gut Check" returns as two newcomers will get a shot at earning a spot on the TNA roster: Adam Pearce vs. Magno

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast at 8/7c on SpikeTV as the road to June's "Slammiversary" continues!
30-03-2013, 17:15   #1016
gnfnrhead

Didnt Bully and Brooke come face to face on the last show?
07-04-2013, 13:17   #1017
gnfnrhead

Holy crap Velvet Sky could kill you with a dirty look.
07-04-2013, 14:37   #1018
gnfnrhead

Think Magno blew his shot with two moves. The leapfrog from the corner was bad but could be forgiven. The landing on your head from a moonsault however would really put me off wanting to sign him to a contract. Not only did he land on his own head, his shoulder landed on Adam Pearce's face. Could have badly injured himself and his opponent.

I'm not sure AJ Styles fits with Aces and Eights, but he damn sure has no reason to help Hogan. When he needed help there was no sign of anyone. Hogan needs help now and suddenly wants to be best friends. I'll be disappointed if Styles goes and helps Hogan now. He should just be on his own, not aligned with anyone.

Also, couldnt help but laugh at Roode, Aries and Chavo all dressed up in suits while Hernandez is in his wrestling gear. Guess he missed the memo?
Thanks from:
07-04-2013, 17:30   #1019
CastorTroy

Yeah I'll be very surprised if Magno gets the contract. That botch when he landed on my head made me wince and I was sure he was injured. When he kept doing similar moves, I just thought he was really chancing his arm.
But with the last one who got the contract being the Barabarian's neice, clearly they aren't worried about talent and may want to go with a masked wrestler since they don't have one.Unlee they count the guys who sometimes appear for X Division
07-04-2013, 17:37   #1020
sockmo

That sequence of botching was funny. He blew it. Adam Pearce deserves a shot,I saw quite a lot of him on NWA hollywood he's awesome.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion