Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[WIP] RTE Player for Enigma2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tried flashing the latest PLi image and it loaded up the bouquets without giving any option to restore settings.

Not quite sure where you are going wrong. Im guessing your image settings are stored on your harddrive. You could try the following:

Disconnect your harddrive, then reflash your box. If your system settings are stored on your hd, they will not be restored if Hd is not connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Great stuff. Many thanks to RogerThis for doing this. I've confirmed it works on my GigaBlue HD800 SE running OpenVix 3.0. It also works on my Vu+ Duo but we knew that already. This will be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

nice! thanks Rodgerthis

have to wait until tomorrow though to give it a shot on my VU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

givecredit wrote: »
    Not quite sure where you are going wrong. Im guessing your image settings are stored on your harddrive. You could try the following:

Disconnect your harddrive, then reflash your box. If your system settings are stored on your hd, they will not be restored if Hd is not connected.
    Thanks.
    I disconnected the hard drive and usb drive and loaded the newest version of Open Pli.
    I got the setup screen this time as you suggested.
    It gave the exact same green screen issue with Rte Player and 1channel.
    It worked well apart from that but as soon as I enabled the wifi it froze up .
    I needed to restart it but it wouldn't boot properly anymore.
    Its either back to the older version of Open Pli and forget about RTE Player or else find a different image .
    Anyone recommend a decent image for a Dm800 ?

Thanks.
    I disconnected the hard drive and usb drive and loaded the newest version of Open Pli.
    I got the setup screen this time as you suggested.
    It gave the exact same green screen issue with Rte Player and 1channel.
    It worked well apart from that but as soon as I enabled the wifi it froze up .
    I needed to restart it but it wouldn't boot properly anymore.
    Its either back to the older version of Open Pli and forget about RTE Player or else find a different image .
    Anyone recommend a decent image for a Dm800 ?

Sorry that didnt work out for you. I dont use wifi myself, so hadnt come across that issue. I inserted a dongle into dreambox to see if I could repeat your result, and yes the box froze and would not reboot without taking dongle out.

Give this image a try. Again its openpli, except this is their final build without gtstrooms enigma2 updates.

Good luck!

http://www.multiupload.nl/OOA5HH9UP0

• Advertisement

Sorry that didnt work out for you. I dont use wifi myself, so hadnt come across that issue. I inserted a dongle into dreambox to see if I could repeat your result, and yes the box froze and would not reboot without taking dongle out.

Give this image a try. Again its openpli, except this is their final build without gtstrooms enigma2 updates.

Good luck!

http://www.multiupload.nl/OOA5HH9UP0
    Thanks givecredit.
    I tried that image ,no luck I'm afraid ,same crashing.
    I then tried Nemesis 2.6, Newenigma 3.2 and Dbuk image and they all green screened on 1channel and RTE Player .
    I think there is a minor hardware issue with the unit .
    I'll try the Open Pli image on my other 800 tomorrow,my main one and I'll definitely know then if its a hardware issue.
    I hope I havent dragged this thread too far off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

RogerThis thanks a lot this is working perfectly in BH 1.79. I had to run my Clone Uno via Meoboot to get it onto BH1.79. It gets you around the houses.

@Zardoz if that helps you in anyway with your DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

I posted the original post from roger this on the openazbox forum and a member on there has modified it to an ipk file. here is his post:
    I've created an ipk for easy installation of RTE player Beta 1 - IPK, and inserted re-arranged icon in Plugins menu, too
    After the installation, enigma will restart automatically. Then look for RTE player in Plugins menu.
    -THIS WORKS ON ALL AZBOX RECEIVERS-

NOTE: Prior to installation, make sure you've deleted the folder:
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/rteplayer

DOWNLOAD (click on a smaller download button of blue color):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/gmP9amK_/enigma2-plugin-extensions-rtep.html

I see the Rte Player is now in Plugin feeds in Vix current image. So now you can install it directly from vix. Well done RogerThis.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

### New Plugin ###
    3player alpha 2

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31328853/3player%20Alpha%202.zip

Tallafornia doesn't work, but the rest should.

• Advertisement

RogerThis wrote: »
    ### New Plugin ###
    3player alpha 2

You are on a roll!! Well Done. Next 4od?? :)

Just checked the tv3 website. The Tallifornia program requires user to confirm they are over 18. I guess this is why your player is not playing it.

4od is a non running, they have started using encrypted stream, so it broke the xbmc addon :(

I cant' get the 1024k rte streams either, they are block too. Only the 512k streams, that's why the rte stream look a bit fuzzy.

tg4 player uses brightcove, which is hard to crack. So that's out too.

I'm going to work on cleaning up the two, until I'm happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I see the Rte Player is now in Plugin feeds in Vix current image. So now you can install it directly from vix. Well done RogerThis.

i dont see it whats its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

I use Azbox premium +, OpenRSI 3.0 and it installs fine, gives the categories but it hangs after a few mins playing. It doesnt green screen but I have to quit out of it. I wonder if its buffering. I have 20mb broadband.

Well done creating this plugin. I will try the tv3 one as well

STB wrote: »
    RogerThis thanks a lot this is working perfectly in BH 1.79. I had to run my Clone Uno via Meoboot to get it onto BH1.79. It gets you around the houses.

@Zardoz if that helps you in anyway with your DM.
    I just cant get it to work ,hair is almost all gone .:(
    I tried so many different images and they all green screened on 1channel and RTE player .
    Python2.6/urllib errors.
    I tried adding extra python sub process files ,changing file attributes but all to no avail.
    I tried manual plugin installs,ipk installs ,installing from TSPanel but all gave the same result.
    I tried the images on my older Dm800 and that caused the same green screen issues ,the only image that 1channel seems to work with is the one I had on it Dream Elite Phoenix 2.

I loaded that Dream Elite Phoenix image onto the newer Dm800 and 1channel works on that but RTE player opens the selected programme but the time stays at 0.00,it wont play.
    So its not a hardware fault with the newer unit,which is only a week old btw.

I thought it could be an ethernet issue so I replaced the wifi with a direct cable to the router but that made no difference.
    Bar it being a modem issue I dont know what more I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Both Rte player and 3 player still not working on my
    DM800se and DM800 clones.
    Rte player green screens when I select a program and 3player doesn't
    Even show in plugins, when I restart enigma 2 it says plugin could not be installed.
    Both boxes are on TS Image.
    Does it have to a PLI based image to work?

iggy wrote: »
    Both Rte player and 3 player still not working on my
    DM800se and DM800 clones.
    Rte player green screens when I select a program and 3player doesn't
    Even show in plugins, when I restart enigma 2 it says plugin could not be installed.
    Both boxes are on TS Image.
    Does it have to a PLI based image to work?
    Does 1channel work for you ?
    I think some receivers are running Python 2.6 and others 2.7 so if the plugin is 2.6 it wont work on 2.7 units and vica versa.

I loaded that Dream Elite Phoenix image onto the newer Dm800 and 1channel works on that but RTE player opens the selected programme but the time stays at 0.00,it wont play.

Did you install etlivestreams when you had above. Without etlivestreams on my openpli image I get the same as above with Rte Player.

### New Plugin ###
    3player alpha 2

Just reporting that this plugins plays fine on Duo with Vix image. Not playing on my Dreambox 800SE, even though the RTE player works on this receiver. When i go to plugins I get message as follows:
    "Some plugins are not available: Extensions/3player (No module named sgmllib)"

Did you install etlivestreams when you had above. Without etlivestreams on my openpli image I get the same as above with Rte Player.
    No I didnt load etlivestreams onto the Dream Elite Phoenix image ,only the PLI ones .I will try that now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Does 1channel work for you ?
    I think some receivers are running Python 2.6 and others 2.7 so if the plugin is 2.6 it wont work on 2.7 units and vica versa.

Cheers
    My DM800se clone is running python 2.6
    So these plugins won't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

I couldn't get it going on my azbox premium plus until I installed the 'et-livestream' plugin. It is working perfect now.

Thanks. The plugin is below as it wasn't in the downloadable plugin list on the az. My azbox is running the latest azboxmod of pli.

iggy wrote: »
    Cheers
    My DM800se clone is running python 2.6
    So these plugins won't work?
    They should work with python 2.6 allright.

On a positive note I finally found why I couldnt get the plugins to work on my receivers.
    After ruling out almost everything bar a modem issue I took one of them to a neighbours house connected then up to the internet there and voila ,they worked perfectly .:mad:
    TSPanel downloads worked,RTE Player worked and so did 1player.

My router was somehow blocking the plugins ,and hence crashing the software.
    Why it was doing this I have no idea as the receivers were definitely online ,mytube player worked and I have never had any real issues with the router before .
    I'm pretty stumped but I will probably buy a new router,I have been meaning to buy a really good one for a while now.

RTE Player worked perfectly anyway ,very smooth and really fast ,great work RogerThis.

They should work with python 2.6 allright.

On a positive note I finally found why I couldnt get the plugins to work on my receivers.
    After ruling out almost everything bar a modem issue I took one of them to a neighbours house connected then up to the internet there and voila ,they worked perfectly .:mad:
    TSPanel downloads worked,RTE Player worked and so did 1player.

My router was somehow blocking the plugins ,and hence crashing the software.
    Why it was doing this I have no idea as the receivers were definitely online ,mytube player worked and I have never had any real issues with the router before .
    I'm pretty stumped but I will probably buy a new router,I have been meaning to buy a really good one for a while now.

RTE Player worked perfectly anyway ,very smooth and really fast ,great work RogerThis.

Who is your broadband provider and your neighbours?
    Have you tried restarting router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

tv3 & rte keeps stopping for me after 6.5 mins
    20mb UPC
    OpenRSI3
    Azboxhd premium +

Is there anyway I can debug it?

Who is your broadband provider and your neighbours?
    Have you tried restarting router?
    Yes ,I tried restarting the router ,no difference I'm afraid
    I have replaced the router ,it was a Motorola 2247-62-2EIr,an old Eircom one,to be honest I was only using that as my previous TP-Link one died recently (well actually someone stood on it ,lol)
    I have a new Edimax one working now and RTE Player works fine on it .:)
    I always have a spare modem/router at hand in case of emergencies.

I worked with digidude to make BBC iPlayer - It's UK only unless you use a VPN
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php/23337-New-File-Added-Enigma2-BBC-iPlayer?p=29691

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Do the BBC radio programmes work on an Irish isp?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

For me too the playback stops from 3-5 mins in.
    It happens on every program on both DUO and SOLO with VIX 3.0 with all updates.
    Playback on laptop is fine...

Anyone else have this issue ???
    morana wrote: »
    tv3 & rte keeps stopping for me after 6.5 mins
    20mb UPC
    OpenRSI3
    Azboxhd premium +

Is there anyway I can debug it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Oadbylad

No I didnt load etlivestreams onto the Dream Elite Phoenix image ,only the PLI ones .I will try that now .

Works a treat thank you for the tip

Advertisement