Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo - Page 43 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-07-2012, 00:13   #631
FoxyVixen

Must check that out.

Does it do what the pub in Strandhill does. If you take the book home, you've to at least replace it with another one?
Advertisement
02-07-2012, 19:39   #632
magnumlady

Mod: Sligo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyVixen View Post
Must check that out.

Does it do what the pub in Strandhill does. If you take the book home, you've to at least replace it with another one?
Not that I know of.
02-07-2012, 20:29   #633
fillefatale

Send a message via AIM to fillefatale
Was in Chapters today, friends had sandwiches I had the soup. Soup was watery and salty, I'd rather pay another couple of euro for a bigger, thicker bowl of soup, didn't give the impression that it was homemade tbh. My friends weren't keen on their sandwiches, one had her order mixed up, both said the sandwiches were small and dry. Was disappointed because a few twitter people are keen on it, probably due to the free wi fi. Friendly service though.
04-07-2012, 21:26   #634
magnumlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillefatale View Post
Was in Chapters today, friends had sandwiches I had the soup. Soup was watery and salty, I'd rather pay another couple of euro for a bigger, thicker bowl of soup, didn't give the impression that it was homemade tbh. My friends weren't keen on their sandwiches, one had her order mixed up, both said the sandwiches were small and dry. Was disappointed because a few twitter people are keen on it, probably due to the free wi fi. Friendly service though.
That's a shame, I've been in there a good few times and never had a bad lunch.
04-07-2012, 22:08   #635
Mint Sauce
Full of minty goodness.

Have had lunch in Hargadons a few times recently. Usally go for one of the Daily Specials, every time I have found them amazing, and a very good price. But unfortuatly not been able to quite finish every them time due to the size of the porton, and if you have met me, you'll know I can put away allot of food.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-07-2012, 20:24   #636
UrbanSea
Closed Account

I never had that problem stew, though I do love a good sized portion.
08-07-2012, 21:48   #637
Mint Sauce
Full of minty goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSea View Post
I never had that problem stew, though I do love a good sized portion.
We are still talking about Sligo Restaurants aren't we?

09-07-2012, 23:05   #638
Radharc na Sleibhte

Ooooh-er
10-07-2012, 08:59   #639
Plazaman

Went to Paprika, the Indian Restaurant on Pearse Rd, last week. Maybe it was a once off or we caught them on a bad day but just wondering has anyone else being there and found the service very slow?

5 of us went in at 6.10pm and got out at 8.55pm. They seemed to prioritise take outs and there must have been only one chef. Even the one of the waiters disappeared to do a delivery. Food was lovely though but might stick to takeaways if thats the way it is all the time.
Advertisement
11-09-2012, 18:37   #640
PickledLime
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plazaman View Post
Went to Paprika, the Indian Restaurant on Pearse Rd, last week. Maybe it was a once off or we caught them on a bad day but just wondering has anyone else being there and found the service very slow?

5 of us went in at 6.10pm and got out at 8.55pm. They seemed to prioritise take outs and there must have been only one chef. Even the one of the waiters disappeared to do a delivery. Food was lovely though but might stick to takeaways if thats the way it is all the time.
Never sat in there but their takeaway service has always been prompt and the food is consistently fantastic.
11-09-2012, 18:54   #641
wolf99

Have sat in there with a group once before and didn't have any problems, were very accommodating. The service didn't seem overly slow. There was time between courses that, while slightly lengthy for Indians I'd normally sit in at, it was less than a what lot of other non-Indian restaurants pull.

Have been in restaurants before, cannot recall exactly which ones, but have had waits of up to 40-45 mins between some courses! Needless to say that was not something I'd call "slightly lengthy"
13-09-2012, 12:26   #642
scarlet43

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumlady View Post
That's a shame, I've been in there a good few times and never had a bad lunch.
To fillefatale - I've eaten in Chapters loads of time since it's opened. Have never had bad food in there. Soup has always been fab and definately homemade and I don't think I have every had a "small" or "dry" sandwich in there. Service excellent as well. Give it another go. Definately worth it.
(2) thanks from:
18-11-2012, 23:49   #643
John_Rambo

I spent (another) week in Sligo.

Source is still the best when it comes to food quality and ingredients by a long shot.

Weirdly, there was a load of teenagers punching the heads off each other outside the restaurant.
19-11-2012, 10:18   #644
fillefatale

Send a message via AIM to fillefatale
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet43 View Post
To fillefatale - I've eaten in Chapters loads of time since it's opened. Have never had bad food in there. Soup has always been fab and definately homemade and I don't think I have every had a "small" or "dry" sandwich in there. Service excellent as well. Give it another go. Definately worth it.
I'm afraid I have and the soup is as watery as ever. Pot of tea was quite watery too. I'd go there for the free wi-fi though.

Has anyone been to Streetcart? Their burritos aren't bad! Definitely would recommend.
19-11-2012, 19:03   #645
PickledLime
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillefatale View Post
I'm afraid I have and the soup is as watery as ever. Pot of tea was quite watery too. I'd go there for the free wi-fi though.

Has anyone been to Streetcart? Their burritos aren't bad! Definitely would recommend.
Do you mean the tea is weak?

And yes, everyone should go to Strretcart, the burritos are delicious and seriously filling, and the folks working there are probably the nicest that i've dealt with in nearly any shop in Sligo.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion