If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SAMSUNG T22B350EW

Options
  • 16-08-2012 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

You have this on your website, but I cant find any info on the DVB-T tuner to see if it will work with soarview, can you find out please?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

WillyFXP wrote: »
    You have this on your website, but I cant find any info on the DVB-T tuner to see if it will work with soarview, can you find out please?

Hi Willy,

This isn't listed on the Saorview approved listings so I dont think it is Saorview approved. :(

I've got a 22" Toshiba LED that is Saorview approved. We're offering this for just £169.95.

HD ready, 2 HDMI inputs, USB input for music, pics and video playback, 3,000,000:1 contrast ratio and a built in DVD player.

Very nice screen. :)

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

I dont need it to be saorview approved, I just want to know what DVB-T standard it uses, if its mpeg4 then it will work with saorview.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I dont need it to be saorview approved, I just want to know what DVB-T standard it uses, if its mpeg4 then it will work with saorview.

Hi again,

Looked into this and it doesn't have an MPEG 4 tuner.

Chris

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jpc28

Hi There,

Not sure how true this is:
    Hi again,

Looked into this and it doesn't have an MPEG 4 tuner.

Chris

According to the manual:

Functionalities related to Digital TV (DVB) are only available in countries/areas where DVB-T (MPEG2 and MPEG4 AVC) digital terrestrial signals are
    broadcasted or where you are able to access to a compatible DVB-C (MPEG2 and MPEG4 AAC) cable-TV service. Please check with your local
    dealer the possibility to receive DVB-T or DVB-C signal.

Manual found here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LT22B350EW/EN

• Advertisement

jpc28 wrote: »
    Hi There,

According to the manual:

Functionalities related to Digital TV (DVB) are only available in countries/areas where DVB-T (MPEG2 and MPEG4 AVC) digital terrestrial signals are
    broadcasted or where you are able to access to a compatible DVB-C (MPEG2 and MPEG4 AAC) cable-TV service. Please check with your local

Good job Kenny, sterling work, you just lost a customer for life.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jpc28 wrote: »
    Hi There,

According to the manual:

JPC,

Apologies for the inconvenience and I understand your irritation - however to be fair to Chris and Kenny they actually checked with Samsung UK and that's where the information came from.

I'm happy to sell you one and if it's unsuitable I'll give you a full refund.

Again to be fair to the guys Boards is full of horror stories of retailers selling TVs that are not fully Saorview compliant - we tried to check and not take chances - possibly the information we received was incorrect and if this is true, again apologies.

Best regards and as ever drop me a line if I can assist in any way..

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jpc28

JPC,

Apologies for the inconvenience and I understand your irritation - however to be fair to Chris and Kenny they actually checked with Samsung UK and that's where the information came from.

I'm happy to sell you one and if it's unsuitable I'll give you a full refund.

Again to be fair to the guys Boards is full of horror stories of retailers selling TVs that are not fully Saorview compliant - we tried to check and not take chances - possibly the information we received was incorrect and if this is true, again apologies.

Best regards and as ever drop me a line if I can assist in any way..

John Mc & crew

Hey,

Not an irritation for me :) I was just trying to help.

Anyway, I had ordered one elsewhere, which is on the way. I'm not bothered about Saorview, but I'll let you know if it works.

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You really are an ignoramus!

testicle wrote: »
    You really are an ignoramus!
    Yeah ok, whatever you think boss.

• Advertisement

Yeah ok, whatever you think boss.

Guys,

Let's keep the handbags on our shoulders..

It probably was our mistake, hands up and I'm happy to take the blame and again all I can do is apologise for any inconvenience to WillyFXP and thank jpc (would love to get the Saorview info JPC ;))

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Guys,

It probably was our mistake, hands up and I'm happy to take the blame and again all I can do is apologise for any inconvenience to WillyFXP and thank jpc (would love to get the Saorview info JPC ;))

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    I was a tad hacked off when I made the post directed at Kenny as I had already spent more money ordering another TV before jpc posted the info about the tuner, and maybe was a little harsh, so apologies for that, BUT, I asked a legit question which I thought you guys at richer sounds would be best qualified to answer, you got it wrong, and fair enough took it like pros and admitted your mistake, but telling me to cool it when I get personally attacked by some random fvckwit isnt on, especially when you and your crony thank the wanker for doing it.

Guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    I was a tad hacked off when I made the post directed at Kenny as I had already spent more money ordering another TV before jpc posted the info about the tuner, and maybe was a little harsh, so apologies for that, BUT, I asked a legit question which I thought you guys at richer sounds would be best qualified to answer, you got it wrong, and fair enough took it like pros and admitted your mistake, but telling me to cool it when I get personally attacked by some random fvckwit isnt on, especially when you and your crony thank the wanker for doing it.

Mods - I have nevers asked this before but I think now may be the time to lock this thread before anyone else insults anyone else - I cannot see any advantage in keeping this open.

Willyfxp if you have an issue that you would like me to address about my attitude or how my colleagues may have unintentionally given you incorrect information please feel free to email me personally at johnmc@richersounds.ie.

Regards to all,

John mc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Dont take it personally John. One look at Willys previous posts and you see how much of a keyboard warrior he is.

I have just apologised for my attitude and explained the reason why i wasnt happy. I take it my apology is not accepted and you are supporting tesitcles insult towards me? Nice.

This discussion has been closed.