Grafton Street Buskers - Page 7 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-08-2012, 08:52   #91
Giblet

The best part of the new "performers" code is that The Riptide Movement will finally f*ck off.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-08-2012, 11:09   #92
WhiteRussian
Banned

The buskers aren't that annoying, I usually have my iPod in or only hear the mediocrity for no more than a few seconds. The worst are the idiots who are afraid to stand within 50 metres of the busker and create this 'no man's land' in front of the busker; they annoy me to no end! And then you have the even bigger fools trying to squeeze past the OUTSIDE of this no man's land in order to pass the crowd when there is a perfectly clear patch of the street directly in front of the busker!
Thanks from:
13-08-2012, 11:16   #93
Spideog Rua

Somebody needs to put that wanker in the tiger costume down
Thanks from:
15-08-2012, 15:15   #94
Max___Power

The best thing about Grafton was The Riptide Movement u plonker giblet!!! Get that stuffing outa ur ears ya giblet!!! And for the record, anyone who calls themselves "Giblet", can hardly go around takin the piss outa anyone, especially thee hardest working band in the country!! I'd actually have a little bit of respect 4 u if u changed ur name to " Gob****e"!! At least then everyone would no who their dealing wit!!

Last edited by The Hill Billy; 20-08-2012 at 16:49. Reason: Poster banned for a week
15-08-2012, 20:12   #95
Giblet

Good to see you reusing your insults (you PM'd me this earlier?) the same way RM reuse stale blues songs.
Advertisement
15-08-2012, 20:15   #96
dearg lady

I concur, the Riptide movement=booooring!
15-08-2012, 23:59   #97
Max___Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giblet View Post
Good to see you reusing your insults (you PM'd me this earlier?) the same way RM reuse stale blues songs.
Just letting the public know ur ignorance gibby, RM playing Olympia Nov10, 1600 people I think might disagree with u!! If u tag along, u never know, u might be converted??
20-08-2012, 00:01   #98
solas111

Violin on Henry Street

Listened to beautiful classical violin music on Henry Street yesterday afternoon (Saturday 18th August) while the other half was shopping. I have no knowledge of classical music and would love to know what piece the guy was playing.
20-08-2012, 00:35   #99
Pandoras Twist

They are part and parcel of the city, the good and the bad. No tourist will have their opinion of Dublin ruined by a 15 year old kid singing wonderwall.

Also, why should we delegate the responsibility for vetting acts to the Dublin City Council (who excel oh so well in so many other fields). Technically buskers are put to a public vote as it is. The crap ones dont make money and don't return. The great ones like the quartets mentioned, make more money and come back again and again. Plus, what guarantee have you that the council would be open to unusual acts, things that break the mould which is one of the great things about buskers and street performers
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-08-2012, 00:56   #100
newmug

Remember the Diceman? Sometimes he dressed up as a can of fanta or some other such crap. As kids, we used to run up behind him and kick the daylights out of it as hard as we could. Then, when he was on that ad for AIDS, I used to think I caught AIDS off him because I kicked him.
20-08-2012, 02:13   #101
BopNiblets

I like the old guy with the slide guitar.
20-08-2012, 10:14   #102
Kooli

I think there are some great buskers from time to time, but lately everyone's being drowned out by big bands with huge amplification.

I remember going into Marks and Spencer one evening and on my way in there was this fabulous male choir just outside. Older fellas, fabulous tight barbershop-style harmonies. Loved it. Went in and picked up a few bits in M&S and by the time I left, a big rock bank had set up 20 metres away at a massive volume, so the choir had to go.
So basically that whole half of Grafton Street was now drowned out by a band.

The other thing I HATE is those sand dogs, don't know if they've been mentioned (didn't read the whole thread). How come they are always just finished, with just the finishing touches being added? Has anyone seen them being started off, or even half-way done? I always want to kick it as I'm going past, to reveal the dog-shaped plastic casing underneath!
20-08-2012, 15:23   #103
Larianne

He did a pig with piglets in the sand on Saturday.
20-08-2012, 15:49   #104
The Hill Billy
Up the junction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max___Power View Post
The best thing about Grafton was The Riptide Movement u plonker giblet!!! Get that stuffing outa ur ears ya giblet!!! And for the record, anyone who calls themselves "Giblet", can hardly go around takin the piss outa anyone, especially thee hardest working band in the country!! I'd actually have a little bit of respect 4 u if u changed ur name to " Gob****e"!! At least then everyone would no who their dealing wit!!
Take a week off to calm down & read the forum charter. Personal abuse is not tolerated on this site. Carry on like this & your access privileges may be removed permanently.

tHB
20-08-2012, 15:51   #105
Kooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larianne View Post
He did a pig with piglets in the sand on Saturday.
When you say he did it, did you actually see him do it? Or was he just smoothing the corners and adding the finishing touches while you were there?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion