nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!* - Page 223 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-08-2012, 09:41   #3331
Pythia
Registered User
 
Pythia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,143
Bought myself some basics on ebay.

CND Stickey which is a base coat I have read good reviews on:



and another bottle of Seche Vite as a quick dry top coat:



Also purchased Essence Irreplaceable (in the new shaped bottle) (not my photo):



Finally, I got my Shellac done yesterday. Rubble with a gold glitter topcoat on the ring fingers. It's a nice mushroom brown colour (not my photo):

Pythia is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-08-2012, 10:38   #3332
shanna83
Registered User
 
shanna83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Midlands
Posts: 720
Irreplaceable is in the new bottles?! I need it!!!

Does anyone use OPI Nail Envy? I'm saving my Boots points to buy it, it's really dear and I'm wondering if it's worth the expense.
shanna83 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
19-08-2012, 10:43   #3333
dudara
Category Moderator
 
dudara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 19,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythia View Post
Finally, I got my Shellac done yesterday. Rubble with a gold glitter topcoat on the ring fingers. It's a nice mushroom brown colour (not my photo):
Got that colour done recently - it's lovely one. I even went and bought an OPI colour in a similar shade afterwards.
dudara is online now  
19-08-2012, 12:08   #3334
musical.x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanna83 View Post
Irreplaceable is in the new bottles?! I need it!!!

Does anyone use OPI Nail Envy? I'm saving my Boots points to buy it, it's really dear and I'm wondering if it's worth the expense.
Same! I heard they discontinued it! need a back up asap
musical.x is offline  
19-08-2012, 12:28   #3335
Belle Morte
Registered User
 
Belle Morte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 190
That Essence in Irreplaceable is gorgeous! MUST find this!

I seriously love Essence and Catrice nail polishes - I always come out with 7 or 8 at a time!
Belle Morte is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-08-2012, 12:51   #3336
Pythia
Registered User
 
Pythia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical.x View Post
Same! I heard they discontinued it! need a back up asap
Gah, it's actually 'Cookie Love'. I thought I was buying Irreplaceable, just went by colour.

This is cookie love (from google images):

Pythia is offline  
(2) thanks from:
19-08-2012, 13:08   #3337
ladypip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pacific playland
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanna83 View Post
Irreplaceable is in the new bottles?! I need it!!!

Does anyone use OPI Nail Envy? I'm saving my Boots points to buy it, it's really dear and I'm wondering if it's worth the expense.
Im using it, I bought the original and got the matte free, I use the matte as a base coat. My nails have improved a little bit but they were in a really bad state so im giving it time. Ive been using it properly for about two weeks now.
ladypip is offline  
Thanks from:
19-08-2012, 14:07   #3338
shanna83
Registered User
 
shanna83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Midlands
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypip View Post
Im using it, I bought the original and got the matte free, I use the matte as a base coat. My nails have improved a little bit but they were in a really bad state so im giving it time. Ive been using it properly for about two weeks now.
It'l be a while before I have enough points, I'd love to know how your nails are in another few weeks if that's not being too nosy?!

Ah irreplaceable, too good to be true! Just had a look at the website and they've actually discontinued a truckload of color & gos, one of my stockists is selling the old bottles off at 65c a pop, have bought most but definitely going back for back-ups of stuff like A Lovely Secret, Sure Azure, Galactic Black, Rich & Pretty, You Belong to Me, & Blue Addicted, gutted they're being discontinued.
shanna83 is offline  
19-08-2012, 14:09   #3339
musical.x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanna83 View Post
It'l be a while before I have enough points, I'd love to know how your nails are in another few weeks if that's not being too nosy?!

Ah irreplaceable, too good to be true! Just had a look at the website and they've actually discontinued a truckload of color & gos, one of my stockists is selling the old bottles off at 65c a pop, have bought most but definitely going back for back-ups of stuff like A Lovely Secret, Sure Azure, Galactic Black, Rich & Pretty, You Belong to Me, & Blue Addicted, gutted they're being discontinued.
We don't even get the sale ones! they just get rid of them

oh and here's a mani just to brighten up all the gloom

Models own Hedonist from the Hed kandi collection


Last edited by musical.x; 19-08-2012 at 14:13.
musical.x is offline  
Advertisement
19-08-2012, 22:05   #3340
dudara
Category Moderator
 
dudara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 19,363
I found another of the OPI Grand Slam collection in TK Maxx this afternoon. That means I have 3 of them now. Don't like the 4th one, so this will be it.

dudara is online now  
Thanks from:
19-08-2012, 22:28   #3341
Twee.
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Palmerstown
Posts: 7,388
Essence "The Huntsman"



Barry M "Strawberry Ice Cream"

Twee. is offline  
19-08-2012, 23:00   #3342
Angel8ie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 116
For anyone who lives in Dublin, just to let ye know, I was in clearys in o Connell street yesterday and they have loads of the standard essence
Polishes for half price. I couldn't resist and picked up about 12 of them for a bargain of €7. They have loads of browns and purples and then there's a few others aswell but I'd day they're going quick.

Last edited by Angel8ie; 19-08-2012 at 23:41.
Angel8ie is offline  
(2) thanks from:
20-08-2012, 00:05   #3343
anniehoo
Registered User
 
anniehoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,303
Ehhhh i SWEAR this wasnt intentional, kinda embarrassed how freaky matchy matchy it is but did the nails earlier on this aft so thats the first pic. Had a cuppa in my PJs when my flatmate came in and she breaks her heart laughin..took me awhile to cop.

anniehoo is offline  
20-08-2012, 01:03   #3344
Luno
Registered User
 
Luno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,468

My lines were a bit too wonky but overall I'm happy enough with this.
Luno is offline  
(4) thanks from:
21-08-2012, 03:17   #3345
chickenbutt
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 575
I saw a tutorial on Nailside for these easy clouds and thought I'd give it a shot..


I used China Glaze Kinetic Candy, Revlon Buttercup, and Sonia Kashuk Smoke and Mirrors.
chickenbutt is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet