BEER REVIEWS - Page 9 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-06-2012, 21:57   #121
MyStubbleItches

Well's Waggle Dance.

A 5% honey beer. Got it in Super Valu. Was expecting it to be really sweet obviously but its not at all sweet. Very refreshing, would drink it again but not necessarily buy it again. Decent beer though.
Advertisement
04-07-2012, 15:52   #122
sheesh

Canadian

Keats pale Ale: lovely would be my drink of choice if it was in Ireland.
rickards red is good too

Last edited by sheesh; 04-07-2012 at 15:55.
05-07-2012, 20:00   #123
Chief_Jack

If you go to Amsterdam get Heineken, obviously not as 'different' or anything as most of the beers on this list but I was over there a few months back and it is amazing how nice it is. It's worth noting that here I never ever drink Heineken and would say I don't like it. But over there it's like a different beer, probably because they make it there.

Also, if you do happen to be in Amsterdam go to the Heineken factory. It sounds kinda boring but it is actually really awesome and was one of the best parts of our trip there. Its like €12 or that but you get about 3 pints during it and its so fun.
07-07-2012, 15:00   #124
Manc-Red
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyStubbleItches View Post
Having read through this thread a few days ago I decided to buy me a few bottles of different beers.

First one I'm sipping now - Innis & Gunn (mentioned on here already) - really lovely beer. Its dark and smooth. Can't remember the price but its a 75cl bottle. Got it in Super Valu. Would highly recommend.

Have a few more in the fridge for tasting. One old favourite is Erdinger wheat beer.

Funny and true story about Erdinger. Myself and a mate developed a taste for it and persuaded our local publican to get it in. He proudly told us a few days later that he had gotten in a few cases of it. Grand job, we drank it that night. And the next night. The third night we came in we asked for two bottles of the stuff and he told us he was out of it. We asked who else was drinking it, he said no-one was. We told him he couldn't be out of it so. We kept at him until he admitted that he wasn't out of it but wouldn't serve us anymore of it. When we pressed him on why he told us:

'Ye used to come in here before and drink 8 or 10 pints, now ye go home wheeling after four bottles of that stuff - shur I'm making nothing off ye.'
I first tasted Erdinger Weißbier about 9 years ago & it really was a revelation to me compared to say Heino or Bud - real depth in the taste & a really nice kick off it!

Some off-licences here are selling a bottle of the stuff at near €3 ....

Superb Beer though
15-07-2012, 12:47   #125
Paddy Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-10-20 View Post
3 Monts from Brasserie St-Sylvestre in the Flanders area of North France along the Belgian border. It's named after three mounds which are found on the border, and not after three months of conditioning like I thought it was...!

It's a heady 8.5% and is sold in 75cl bottles, usually for ~€6 or so.

I think it's fantastic. You can find it in Molloys anyhow. I have a bottle on chill at the moment...
Yeah its a nice beer. McHughs offlicence ,malahide rd do have it sometimes.Usually I get a bottle or two whenever they have it in stock.That and my favourite beer......... Kwak.
Advertisement
19-08-2012, 17:50   #126
Paddy Samurai

I'm developing a taste for belgium beers.
Kwak(10/10) my favourite beer is my benchmark.
Yesterday I tried Slober another belgium beer.Its a great beer ,(8/10) for me.

Today I tried Adriaen Brouwer Dark Gold ,and liked it a lot.It's a top notch beer and a close second for me.At the moment it's (9/10) for me,but with more testing I could see this one been a 10 also.
21-09-2012, 14:45   #127
Gweedling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manc-Red View Post
I first tasted Erdinger Weißbier about 9 years ago & it really was a revelation to me compared to say Heino or Bud - real depth in the taste & a really nice kick off it!
This. All of this. I was working in a pub when it first came over to Ireland about 8-9 years ago, a few cases came in about 1pm and of course we had to ahem . . . "sample" some. Was absolutely glorious. Nowadays I'm more of a real ale snob, after living and working in pubs in london for 3 years.
Thanks from:
21-09-2012, 14:50   #128
Zulu

Just got my hands on a few bottles of Milk Stout from Left Hand brewing.

Oh my god, it's incredible. New favourite beer. Smooth, with lovely chocolatey/coffee taste. Fantastic stout.
21-09-2012, 15:58   #129
earlytobed

Have tried most of the German wheat beers but I really like Spaten. It goes down nicely
Advertisement
22-09-2012, 11:09   #130
Manc-Red
Closed Account

Ze Germans have nailed it in it's produce of Beer
22-09-2012, 11:22   #131
Manc-Red
Closed Account

Tescos..... Picked up 5 x Old Crafty Hen Vintage Super Premium yesterday, it is a 6.5% ale - aged for several years & packs a lovely taste.

5 for 10 quid - oh yes indeedy
25-09-2012, 13:27   #132
earlytobed

[QUOTE=Chief_Jack;79579712] It's worth noting that here I never ever drink Heineken and would say I don't like it. But over there it's like a different beer, probably because they make it there.

Aren't the bottles of Heineken that are sold here brewed in Amsterdam?
25-03-2013, 21:30   #133
Paddy Samurai

Blue Moon.....anybody?

Anyone else tried this. Seen it on tap in town and asked for a pint. Got some slagging from the mates when it arrived with a slice of orange on top.
Beer with orange???.
Was ok........not bad,but wouldn't be upset if I never drank it again.
25-03-2013, 22:18   #134
Zulu

Have to say I like it. Needs the orange. Vit beers need the citrus, and I'm partial to orange/coriander.
27-03-2013, 23:30   #135
Paddy Samurai

Guilden Draak

Had a bottle of this tonight, its fairly strong so one to savour.
I liked it big time,Very Tasty . I will be trying this again.eh...............and again
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion