Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-08-2012, 14:01   #16
monalitto

thanks for that, I will get in touch with Mary I & get on the list. Is there any place on Boards that I can put details up about the house?
Advertisement
04-08-2012, 19:00   #17
chrisby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSpice View Post
Hi,

I am hoping to apply to the Post Grad in Primary Teaching in Mary Immaculate for the year 2013/2014. As it does not start until January, I was wondering if the accomodation process is different?

Also, a lot of the time is spent away from the college on Teaching Practice so is it possible to stay somewhere that one only pays for the weeks they are there?

Thank you
Yes you can book for shorter periods of time at City Campus. Also they will have a block which is specifically for 3rd year students and mature students. I think they may also have a bus running from the Campus to the college over the winter months
10-08-2012, 00:59   #18
brid_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSpice View Post
Hi,

I am hoping to apply to the Post Grad in Primary Teaching in Mary Immaculate for the year 2013/2014. As it does not start until January, I was wondering if the accomodation process is different?

Also, a lot of the time is spent away from the college on Teaching Practice so is it possible to stay somewhere that one only pays for the weeks they are there?

Thank you
I started the postgrad in January and the majority of my course moved into City Campus as they normally keep 1 block free for Grad Dip and mature students. Was grand for the Feb-May period and by then you'll know people to move into other places come Sept. You can be lucky to find places around Mary I too if you look on sites like Daft.ie and in the college itself, students can advertise free rooms. With regards to Teaching Practice, the first 3 are normally placed in Limerick itself so you'll still need accommodation for those weeks. There is an option to complete some of these at home but apparently you need a number of people to be based in the same area for it to be accepted.
15-08-2012, 17:40   #19
paul mcnamara77

accommadation

Hey everyone me and a friend of mine have looked into to getting a house its a nice place really cheap and near the college, we are both going into second year but will take people from any year please PM if you are interested and i will reply as soon as possible

Mod note: Do not post email addresses

Last edited by dambarude; 15-08-2012 at 19:47. Reason: Deleted email address
15-08-2012, 20:39   #20
dambarude

Please keep all communication to private messages. It's in your own interest that your email address isn't publicly available.
Advertisement
17-08-2012, 16:25   #21
Talib Fiasco

Does anyone know why the Ashdown website has gone all private and stuff? You can't view any of the pictures anymore or anything.
17-08-2012, 17:30   #22
siobhanod93

If I don't get accommodation on campus, do many house take first years? If not what are my options?
17-08-2012, 18:24   #23
dambarude

I lived in a house in first year! Plenty of first years do. But you'd want to get on to it pretty sharpish - the place will be swarming with students looking for houses on Monday. Some will have secured accommodation after getting their LC results.
17-08-2012, 18:35   #24
siobhanod93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dambarude View Post
I lived in a house in first year! Plenty of first years do. But you'd want to get on to it pretty sharpish - the place will be swarming with students looking for houses on Monday. Some will have secured accommodation after getting their LC results.
Thanks!
Advertisement
18-08-2012, 15:02   #25
nadia53

I've booked to stay in the Res block... could someone give me some more information about it? Is it really as bad as people are saying?! :/ I've seen the rooms etc, just worried about it not being a very "social" place to stay?
18-08-2012, 15:31   #26
dambarude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia53 View Post
I've booked to stay in the Res block... could someone give me some more information about it? Is it really as bad as people are saying?! :/ I've seen the rooms etc, just worried about it not being a very "social" place to stay?
I wouldn't worry about it. The people I know who lived there really enjoyed it. I know some people who stayed more than one year! The cooking/residential facilities aren't great, but the company more than makes up for it.

It must be very unusual to be sleeping one floor about your lecturer's office, in a room the same size!
18-08-2012, 16:22   #27
siobhanod93

What are people's feedback on City Campus? I'd like to know what students views are before I / if I book it
20-08-2012, 15:56   #28
stall_the_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhanod93 View Post
What are people's feedback on City Campus? I'd like to know what students views are before I / if I book it

i booked this on Results Day but I'm not sure what it's like either, I know its further from the college than Courtbrack but Ashdown seems to be booked up..
20-08-2012, 16:28   #29
dambarude

An awful lot of people live in City Campus. It's about a 20 minute walk as far as I know. You'd see streams of people moving between CC and the college on the hour, coming and going for lectures. It involves apartments with 3/4 bedrooms and shared bathrooms. Most people I know who lived there liked it, but it wouldn't be as convenient as the likes of Ashdown. It's very close to the bus/train station though, which is a consolation.
Thanks from:
20-08-2012, 20:43   #30
Talib Fiasco

Hey so now I've accepted the offer, what's the story with accommodation? I've paid a deposit on Ashdown but now what? Will they be notified by Mary I or what will happen?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion