Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

09-08-2012, 20:56   #1
Doom

Whelans bar of denmark st, health inspectors lift ban

Any one know it or even eat there?

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-3194315.html

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland revealed that 12 closure orders and one prohibition order were served on businesses last month -- one of the highest monthly totals in a decade.
FSAI chief executive Professor Alan Reilly said that the figures were very disappointing as there was a legal onus on those running food businesses to ensure the food they served was safe to eat.
"This increase is extremely disappointing and serves as a stark reminder that there continues to be food-safety operators who put consumers' health at risk by not complying with their legal obligations for food safety and hygiene," he said.
Closure orders can apply to all or part of a business and are lifted by inspectors when the problem is rectified.
Royal China restaurant on Railway St, Portlaoise; Daniel's takeaway on Strand St, Kanturk, Co Cork; KK kitchen in Coolmine Industrial Estate, Dublin 15 and Rathnew Chinese Takeaway, Main St, Rathnew, Co Wicklow all had their closure orders lifted within days when the problems were resolved.
Orders were also lifted from Whelans Bar, Denmark St, Limerick; Kebab King, Main St, Millstreet, Cork; New Jasmine House, Aiden St, Kiltimagh, Co Mayo and Zaika, Stephen St Lr, Dublin 2.
Advertisement
09-08-2012, 21:49   #2
xxlauraxxox
Closed Account

didnt even know they done food doubt ill be eating der after that
09-08-2012, 21:56   #3
djdunny

Hmmmm that's why they had so many meal deals on Livingsocial and citydeal.
(2) thanks from:
10-08-2012, 23:18   #4
Raiser

I googled a local Chinese restaurant there 2 weeks ago thinking it might throw up (no pun etc) a few reviews and give me an idea of whether it was worth a try or not.

- The Food Safety Authority of Ireland report knocked that one on the head fairly quickly, was beans on toast that night for me!!!
10-08-2012, 23:44   #5
The Snipe

Hmm, I knew they did food and I'd had it in there a few weeks ago.. But wow!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-08-2012, 23:31   #6
whelan43

Hi Guys i am the owner of Whelans Bar.Yes the bar was closed the Saturday and reopened Sunday.We had a brand new Kitchen put into the bar and were opened just a week so everything just new and our hot water boiler broke the health board told us we had to close until we had hot water back running we got it fixed as quick as we could thats why it reopened so quick.This could happen to anyone,but just shows how the media can do so much damage.
15-08-2012, 07:37   #7
MarkR

Good to see you're back up and running, and that it was only for a minor issue.
15-08-2012, 08:06   #8
The Snipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whelan43 View Post
Hi Guys i am the owner of Whelans Bar.Yes the bar was closed the Saturday and reopened Sunday.We had a brand new Kitchen put into the bar and were opened just a week so everything just new and our hot water boiler broke the health board told us we had to close until we had hot water back running we got it fixed as quick as we could thats why it reopened so quick.This could happen to anyone,but just shows how the media can do so much damage.

Ahh, sorry for the misinterpitation Lloyd.
26-05-2013, 11:46   #9
Mc Love

Did you go to the Guards about their treatment. Also you will probably get people with doubts over your post as you only have one so far!
Advertisement
26-05-2013, 14:35   #10
Kess73

Send a message via Yahoo to Kess73
Mod Post: Just to make it clear to all, any sort of unsubstantiated claim hinting at the breaking of a law against a business is not allowed on here, and will be deleted on sight. Any poster who wishes to test this can expect a ban not just from the foum but from the site as a whole.
(3) thanks from:
Thread Closed