Guild Wars 2 - Page 59 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-08-2012, 17:47   #871
Big Knox
Registered User
 
Big Knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Your Pants \o/
Posts: 2,169
Send a message via MSN to Big Knox
Anyone here play a Guardian for an extended period during Beta?

How do they hold up in pve / pvp?
Big Knox is offline  
Advertisement
10-08-2012, 18:06   #872
Kiith
Moderator
 
Kiith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dublin
Posts: 12,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
Im downloading the client now, im wondering will i be able to path this client up for release?
The client you are downloading now is the full client, bar any patches that will be released between now and the 25th. No need to re-download it.

You also get to play in the stress test tonight if you want.
Kiith is offline  
10-08-2012, 19:53   #873
OctavarIan
Registered User
 
OctavarIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Knox View Post
Anyone here play a Guardian for an extended period during Beta?

How do they hold up in pve / pvp?
Played one to level 11 in a previous beta weekend. They're one of the more well rounded professions, if not THE most well rounded. Really good support abilities but they can also do good damage. The more magical based playstyles (scepter, staff etc) are also surprisingly effective and fun.

The important thing is, if you decide you want to be supportive, you never feel 'useless'. They visually change the battlefield with their various shields, boons etc. For example they have one skill that creates a large blue dome around the Guardian and pushes everyone back, really impressive looking when used in the middle of a group of players!

I mean it's too early to tell obviously (I'm sure some diehards will figure out some uber-combinations after release) but the professions are really balanced right now and no matter which one you pick the only excuse you'll have for losing/sucking is because you were outplayed. If a profession appeals to you just go for it.
OctavarIan is offline  
11-08-2012, 00:36   #874
Dcully
Moderator
 
Dcully's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
The client you are downloading now is the full client, bar any patches that will be released between now and the 25th. No need to re-download it.

You also get to play in the stress test tonight if you want.
Cheers, no hope of me joining tonight.
Only 43% complete since 6pm Fcuking useless eircom.
Dcully is online now  
11-08-2012, 01:02   #875
Big Knox
Registered User
 
Big Knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Your Pants \o/
Posts: 2,169
Send a message via MSN to Big Knox
Can anyone get on? Keep getting unknown error 900.
Big Knox is offline  
Advertisement
11-08-2012, 01:23   #876
Kiith
Moderator
 
Kiith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dublin
Posts: 12,362
Just logged off after an hour or so of play. Everything worked perfectly for me tonight.

By god there is so much stuff going on in the game. I've to try and focus just to get some events done, as i keep running off to see or do something else. Was helping defend some water pump, then somehow managed to find myself underground fighting bandits. It's ****ing brilliant
Kiith is offline  
11-08-2012, 01:51   #877
ShaneScouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 262
Kind of a nitpicking for sake of it, and GW2 is the mmo im looking forward to now and plan to play till im bored or everyone I know stops playing it, but It sure does look like ass alot of the time, either its cause Ive been playing alot of new pc games modded and tweaked and played Tera for several weeks, but damn I forgot how kinda ugly it was, the artstyle is great though so not all bad. Just for what it demands and how it runs and being a 2012 game, you do expect alot more.
ShaneScouse is offline  
11-08-2012, 13:30   #878
Calhoun
Registered User
 
Calhoun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wicklow
Posts: 1,749
Played this again lastnight and probably had one of my best gaming moments all year. Three of us in a group and we decide to go into a level 8-9 cave being level 6-7.

Got a hammered by mobs but we heard there was a cave troll so kept running through it, spent ages and couldnt find him. Finally i found a troll rune and picked it up wondering what would happen, next thing i know the troll spawns and fires a bolder at me one shot killed.

We all died and had to respawn thinking that was that but nobody told Mr troll who proceeded to run around the area until he found people and start smashing them. Suddenly it wasnt just 3 of us fighting him but 7-8 and after what seemed like forever with all armour broken we were finally victorious .

Last edited by Calhoun; 11-08-2012 at 13:32.
Calhoun is offline  
(2) thanks from:
11-08-2012, 14:08   #879
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel
 
Sephiroth_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: cork
Posts: 33,014
were ye stress testing?
Sephiroth_dude is offline  
Advertisement
11-08-2012, 14:15   #880
Dcully
Moderator
 
Dcully's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneScouse View Post
Kind of a nitpicking for sake of it, and GW2 is the mmo im looking forward to now and plan to play till im bored or everyone I know stops playing it, but It sure does look like ass alot of the time, either its cause Ive been playing alot of new pc games modded and tweaked and played Tera for several weeks, but damn I forgot how kinda ugly it was, the artstyle is great though so not all bad. Just for what it demands and how it runs and being a 2012 game, you do expect alot more.
I tend to agree, when i see the likes of Tera looking so much better it makes you wonder, but having said that gameplay is king to me
Dcully is online now  
11-08-2012, 15:01   #881
uncle_sam_ie
Registered User
 
uncle_sam_ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cork
Posts: 2,686
Guild Wars 2 visually looks fantastic to me Tera didn't but , each to there own. Also, you have to remember they need to get this to run on all the crappy PC's that a lot of people are using.
uncle_sam_ie is offline  
11-08-2012, 15:44   #882
ShaneScouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_sam_ie View Post
Guild Wars 2 visually looks fantastic to me Tera didn't but , each to there own. Also, you have to remember they need to get this to run on all the crappy PC's that a lot of people are using.
Thats optmising though not having bad textures and the likes, A well oiled and optimized engine/client will be able to run on a dell inspiron 600 and a home made NASA pc someone mad for 3grand. Its about the options on offer. And if done properly then it looks amazing maxed and looks(kinda how it does now on all setts) average on low-med setts.
ShaneScouse is offline  
11-08-2012, 16:03   #883
delta36
Registered User
 
delta36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maynooth
Posts: 872
Send a message via MSN to delta36
Haven't played in any of the stress tests so far, as I was studying for exams, don't think I'll play in anymore that happen either, want to leave the rest of it for the launch! Can't wait!

For anyone who pre purchased from Zavvi, or any other online retailer, any idea when the boxes will ship? Will they only be sent out on/from the 28th? Considering we will have only 5 days to enter our new serial codes from the day the game launches, and considering how long it took Zavvi to send out my pre-purchase box, I'm a little curious about it. May end up dropping them an e-mail to ask.
delta36 is offline  
12-08-2012, 04:11   #884
Calhoun
Registered User
 
Calhoun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wicklow
Posts: 1,749
FYI

Taken From Facebook:

Happy weekend, everyone!

We will be conducting a stress test TOMORROW Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

--
Please note:
* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

~RB
Calhoun is offline  
12-08-2012, 09:41   #885
Big Knox
Registered User
 
Big Knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Your Pants \o/
Posts: 2,169
Send a message via MSN to Big Knox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
Taken From Facebook:

Happy weekend, everyone!

We will be conducting a stress test TOMORROW Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

--
Please note:
* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

~RB
Aww I read that as it being from 11 AM - Midnight first. What good is a one hour stress test, can't do anything with that!!!
Big Knox is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet