Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-07-2012, 23:19   #1
TouchingVirus

Send a message via ICQ to TouchingVirus
Boards on the Internet Map

Badly translated from Russian

Quote:
Mathematically speaking, the Internet is a two-dimensional map display of links between sites on the Internet. Each site is a circle on the map, its size is determined by the attendance of the site, higher attendance gives a larger circle. Transitions between the sites users form a connection, the stronger the connection - the closer sites "want to" sit near one another.
Map of the Internet is a snapshot of the global network at the end of 2011. It covers more than 350 000 sites from 196 countries and all domain zones. Information on over 2 million connections between sites combined them into thematic clusters. As might be expected, the largest clusters are formed by national sites, i.e. sites belonging to one country. For convenience, the sites related to one country have the same color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boards_internetmap.jpg (283.4 KB, 217 views)
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-07-2012, 23:34   #2

Pretty cool, although I still prefer the xkcd version (click to get the bigger version, boards.ie is in the bottom right, in the forums section)

Thanks from:
27-07-2012, 09:56   #3
Boards.ie: Neil
Closed Account

That internet map is pretty awesome.

the xkcd map of the internet can be bought as a poster. I need to buy one for myself. We have one here in the office somewhere which really should be on display somewhere.
08-08-2012, 17:24   #4
_Puma_

Just came across this today, pretty cool.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion