Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US PGA(Betting Thread)

• 07-08-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

a little wager on DJ for his annual close run.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

genuinely had no idea it was on this week! the Olympics distracting me! Like I did for the British Open, I selected 5 random players. I'm almost positive my 5 players have no chance...

1. Scott Piercy
    2. Brendon De Jonge
    3. Gary Woodland
    4. Jimmy Walker
    5. Ken Duke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

im going For Schwartzel, Garrigus and SY Noh!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,020 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

All betting posts in here please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I posted in Rec>Gambling but might as well say here that I am going for some of the long-putter users this major (Scott, Els, Kuchar, Henry, Adams, Levin).

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

USPGA...... No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,020 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

I am offering odds of Even money that Butch Harmon will describe Rickie Fowler, or anyone under the age of 40, as 'a fine young man'. Surely a banker!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Dusty for me too , each way chance for sure I hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Westwood 28/1: Simpson 40/1: Schwartzel 55/1: Colsaerts 66/1: Olesen 150/1.
    Lack of wind and lots of rain delays will play a big part this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I'm going with the following via betfair - all €2 wins:

Dustin Johnson 25/1
    Jason Dufner 28/1
    Justin Rose 34/1
    Graeme McDowell 44/1
    Bo Van Pelt 70/1
    Geoff Ogilvy 140/1
    Thorbjorn Olesen 240/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Rory @20/1..that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Dufner and Louie O.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Ok so my picks this week are:

Dufner: Seems to be in contention every week he plays these days. Could have gotten him at 28s a few days ago but settled for 25s today. The way he's playing, he should be in contention with 9 to play.

Watson: Backed him in the Masters so he owes me nothing.

Mickelson: Like Watson, he's worth backing just for the entertainment factor. One moment you can't believe the moment of brilliance you just saw, then he misses a 2 footer. 40/1 is too big for him even if not playing well. He lives for majors.

Mahan: Again out of form but have to have a nibble at 50s.

Schwartzel: Playing decent golf. 66s is a god price imo.

Laird: Someone i've been watching for a while. I think he's due a big win shortly and this could well be the one.

Clark (Tim): Back to decent form and at 250s i couldn't resist a small punt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Weather looks decent for tomorrow , but starts to show some more teeth come Friday

216279.png

216281.png

The latter out the better on the Saturday but really eases up for the Sunday , These change from run to run on the weather models but would be close enough to the time to be fairly accurate
    216283.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Pete, I'm sorry I know you have been asked this 101 times by now (fairly sure I have asked you before!) but what is the name of the site you get your stats/graphs from?

I'll bookmark it this time, I promise!

link_2007 wrote: »
    Pete, I'm sorry I know you have been asked this 101 times by now (fairly sure I have asked you before!) but what is the name of the site you get your stats/graphs from?

I'll bookmark it this time, I promise!

There is a heap of them but them ones above come from :

http://www.yr.no/place/United_States/South_Carolina/Kiawah_Island/hour_by_hour.html

For actual weather charts and stuff like that :

Check out this thread in the weather section :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056531638

The daily forecast in there is brilliant and there is a couple of very knowledgeable posters to be found on the forum , myself im only an amateur with a keen interest .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Westwood for me this week..keeping the faith and a small pun on mcilroy for my sins..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Anyone in around Ryder Cup qualification that needs a good week!

Spoke to the resident boards.ie weather forecaster and here is his views on the weather for the weekend ,

Had a look at the guidance and the state forecast from NWS, looks like typical coastal weather with highs near 30 C each day and 30-50 per cent chance of thunderstorms developing each day although Saturday looks more unsettled than other days. So would expect a few brief delays for lightning in the area, there is nothing too severe indicated. Winds will be variable but mostly south 10-20 mph, nothing too strong although that course is wide open to any kind of a breeze. You can put that in any golf thread if you like, but basically, it's not very easy to predict timing of storms in that sort of hit or miss situation over four days, so it's more of a climate forecast in this case. No tropical storms expected, anyway. -- MTC

I took Dustin Johnson at 25.0 for the win and 7.4 for the place and Louis Oosthuizen at 44.0 for the win and 9.6 for the place .

Both bets on Betfair and top 5 being the place market

Spoke to the resident boards.ie weather forecaster and here is his views on the weather for the weekend ,

Had a look at the guidance and the state forecast from NWS, looks like typical coastal weather with highs near 30 C each day and 30-50 per cent chance of thunderstorms developing each day although Saturday looks more unsettled than other days. So would expect a few brief delays for lightning in the area, there is nothing too severe indicated. Winds will be variable but mostly south 10-20 mph, nothing too strong although that course is wide open to any kind of a breeze. You can put that in any golf thread if you like, but basically, it's not very easy to predict timing of storms in that sort of hit or miss situation over four days, so it's more of a climate forecast in this case. No tropical storms expected, anyway. -- MTC

I took Dustin Johnson at 25.0 for the win and 7.4 for the place and Louis Oosthuizen at 44.0 for the win and 9.6 for the place .

Both bets on Betfair and top 5 being the place market

I think Dustin Johnson is a great shout! I'm going to back him e/w myself when I go bookies after work. I reckon an American will win it and it won;t be Tiger. Sick of seeing him favourite for all the majors this year! Also, I hope the weather is tough on them this weekend, they got it a little too easy at the British Open!

Could anyone tell me the odds on Adam Scott!? He could bounce back with a win or a top 5 finish...I would check myself but betting sites are blocked in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

My selections for the weekend.

1. Graham McDowell
    2. Louis Oosthuizen
    3. Dustin Johnson
    4. Bill Haas
    5. Padraig Harrington

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My, as every major, €5 on Sergio to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

how long until they tee off? wanna get my bet in before the first tee-off and its still top 6 rather than top 4!

how long until they tee off? wanna get my bet in before the first tee-off and its still top 6 rather than top 4!

http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/

according to the Omega stopwatch on the right there is 1h 21min until the first tee off

TheDoc wrote: »
    My, as every major, €5 on Sergio to win.

Some day Im sure he will do it ,

He will be like the spanish football team , always underachieving , then he will go on a roll and bag a load of majors !

Also Adam Scot is 34.0 (33/1 in old money ) for whoever asked (betfair price)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Just 1 for me.
    20e win on Bubba !!!!!!!!!

Just reading up a review there on the Championship and have put €5 @ 1000.0 (999/1) on Darren Clarke , crazy price , also took him to land in the top 5 @ 95.0 (94/1)

Stranger things have happened !

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭WacoKid

Betfair Top 5 finish market:

1. Jason Day 16.0
    2. Pablo Larrazabal 80.0
    3. Jeff Overton 40.0
    4. Bill Haas 17.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Westwood for me this week..keeping the faith and a small pun on mcilroy for my sins..

saw westwood is out to 37/1 on betfair.....he must really not be impressing....

went with DJ (21/1), schwartzl (64/1) and tringale (389/1)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

37/1 could prove to a mjassive price ew..Just have to fancy him due to the accuracy etc off the tee and with it being a long course.

Advertisement